“A great place for lunch (or dinner)”

Paymon's Mediterranean Cafe
Ranked #860 of 4,868 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Price range: US$8 - US$22
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Flamingo
Transit: CAT Bus stops directly in front of plaza on Maryland Parkway.
“A great place for lunch (or dinner)”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Med Café (Paymon's Mediterranean Café) is one of our favorite places to go for lunch, especially if you work nearby. Service is quick, food is consistently good and we never leave hungry. Our visit today included a party of 8, and most of us had some sort of sandwich (usually chicken in a pita or falafel in a pita OR [my favorite] the buffalo mozzarella Panini with pesto and olive tapenade, YUM). Always very good and today was no exception. Service is great, food is great, what more could you ask for? Oh, the Athens fries are always outrageously good, as is their hummus! Trust me, if you like pesto, get a scoop of pesto added to the hummus (you can get it on the side if you're hesitant), it's fabulous!

• Visited August 2013

Melbourne, Florida
“A treat your tastebuds will thank you for”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The restaurant's fesanjan is wonderful. It is boneless chicken with walnuts in a semisweet pomegranate sauce served with rice. The chilled yogurt soup also is delicious. Desserts - go for the baklava and/or the rice pudding. Wonderful meal.

Visited July 2013
Cranberry Township PA
“Little gem over by UNLV”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

This is one of our favorite locals restaurants in Las Vegas. The food has always been good. I love the chicken curry and my spouse almost always orders a gyro. Salads are great too. Reasonable prices.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank PAmomroadtripper
Las Vegas NV
“Used to be the best fallafel place”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We stop by Paymon's for luch and we were dissapointed. My husband and me we both had a fallafel sandwich and it was very dry, the lettuce was looked kind of old and the the tomatoes no way to be foud. We used to go to Paymon's before and it was great. Maybe the food still good but definitely if I go back I will never have a fallafel there.

• Visited July 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“How have I missed this place?”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

On an incredibly hot afternoon last Sunday (seriously: hot even for Vegas. 117 hot), my friend and I decided we needed ice water, some AC, and some good food, so we popped by Paymon's. I didn't realize, but this is right down the road from my house. Oops!

We sat on the patio, which we were assured was air conditioned-- and it was, it's totally covered and basically just a room. The waiter asked what we'd like to drink and I replied, "ALL OF THE WATER, please." He obliged. Oh god, best water ever (granted, I was basically dying of dehydration at that point, so perhaps that had some effect on my perceptions).

We got an appetizer of hummus, which was good. My only complaint is that I like my hummus a little more flavorful than theirs is--- like, a lot of garlic vs theirs, which is a bit bland. Not sure I'd get the hummus appetizer again for this reason, but if you're a fan of less garlic, then you'll be happy.

For the main meal, I got the gyro salad which was absolutely phenomenal. My friend got a fattoush salad, which she loved.

Will definitely be back.