“Expensive restaurant, low quality, unfriendly waiters”
Review of Pearl - CLOSED

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: The Strip
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I had dinner at Pearl yesterday, based on the positive posts on trip advisor and I had a very disappointing last evening in Vegas.
The chinese food is ok, nothing special and ridiculously expensive. The waiters are unfriendly and try to push you to buy more drinks. A beer was 11 dollars. Menu starts at 50 dollars and is average quality Chinese food. Would not recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank LaMarani

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Tasty, Chinese food in an elegant setting. Had a fixed priced meal and it was pretty good. Not over the moon but worthy of note. We were in a bit of a hurry to get to a show and they made sure they had the food out in plenty of time for us to make the show. Hot and sour soup was not too spicy as we usually like it. The steak and lobster was very, very nice. Our service was excellent. We thought the portions were good and the price was a value. I'd recommend it if your staying in the MGM. Not sure I'd recommend it if you have to ride a tram and walk a 10000 steps to get there.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

We had our wedding dinner here and it was some of the best food! We had the seasonal meal and all of it was very, very good. The service was excellent and value for the price was very good.

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

We love Chinese food and found this place in the MGM. The price was reasonable and the food terrific. We would highly recommend this restaurant

Reviewed 9 February 2014

My favorite Chinese restaurant in Las Vegas is Chin Chin in NYNY Hotel. However, I was able to try Pearl in MGM for dim sum and was average. The dim sum wasn't anything spectacular other than I was happy to know they had baked pork buns, which is better than the white pork buns. I tried the congee, but had no taste or any texture I am usually used too. I had others sample the egg custard and it lacked firmness and tasted more like egg yolk than custard. The one thing I did enjoy was their lo mein and it had that special Chinese taste that you can't get from delivery, but only cooked from a real Chinese wok. Would I go back to Pearl? Maybe for a second try, but would rather go to Chin Chin.