“Terrible mojitos”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 20 April 2014

On entering, I asked the bartender if we could use our restaurant.com certificate for mojitos and was told no though we were allowed to in the past. Not a problem, I pocketed the certificate and ordered a pair of mojitos. These drinks suffered from too little mint and an overabundance of club soda.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Every time we go to Vegas, sometimes we make trips down to vegas just for this restaurant, it is always amazing. The food is awesome, they have this bread that they put butter on, we put sugar on it as well, it makes it amazing. The coffee is amazing as well everything that I have tried is so amazing.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

were early to a las vegas wedding, thought we'd have a drink. great atmosphere, good drinks - ended up having dinner. was awesome.

1  Thank FlatterUs
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Surprisingly great food away from the strip! Florida Café is located inside the Howard Johnson hotel on Las Vegas Blvd. We arrived to an empty restaurant for lunch and didn't know what to expect. The reviews online were positive, so we decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed! We enjoyed the food, the drinks were great and the service was prompt. The décor of the restaurant makes you feel you are in Florida! The place is not fancy, the area around it is the less glamorous part of Vegas, but it's good to venture out of the main strip once in a while. I'll go back next time when in Vegas.

1  Thank Daba2010
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

I was drinking one day and noticed the sign and decided to go in. Have lived cuban food and thought I would try. It is a little place connected to a motel. If you did not know it was here you would drive right by. The cuban especial is so juicy and tender it is the best thing that I have tried so far. I have also tried the tapas ( mini meatballs and tamales). The food is flavorful without being over powers in spices. It is a must try over and over. The only reason I did not give five stars is because this is the first time and I have not eaten everything on the menu.

I

Been to Florida Cafe Cuban Restaurant? Share your experiences!