“Nice experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #46 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Kentucky
“Nice experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2008

Just returned from the Grand View where we had a very enjoyable experience. Were able to book both an A and B condo so elderly family was just next door. Next door to the South Point Casino where we were able to see the Jerry Lewis Labor Day Telethon, a highlight of our trip. Staff very friendly, no sales pressure on time shares. Pool great, some weekend problems with parking but not weekday. This is due to construction. No noise from that. $50 weekly charge for Wi-Fi was our only concern. Public computers (3) in lobby, a nice touch. Snack bar, poolside was great for snacks and souvenirs. We got a rental car, but the resort has a shuttle to the strip and was reliable.

Stayed September 2008

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (587)
Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2008

We stayed in a 2-bedroom unit in the Jasmine building. Tons of room for a group of 3 adults and 3 kids.

Given this is a timeshare property we were never once approached about sitting through the timeshare spiel.

There was/is a ton of construction going on but we never heard a thing.

You need a car!!! IF you intend on travelling to the main part of the strip. The highway access is but seconds from the Grandview and from there the strip is literally about a 8-10 minute highway drive.

Great place, great stay...will do so again.

• Stayed August 2008
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2008

Myself, Wife & 2 kids love the Grandview. An apartment, with a pool & a Casino, bowling & movie theatre across the road suits our needs while in Vegas. Check in was friendly with no hassles from timeshare sales when I got my parking pass. Never had a problem getting a park all week. Nice to have a choice of 3 pools & the 1 on its own was a lot quieter.
The reason I'm undecided about staying again is because the walls are thin. If you had noisey neighbours it would be a nightmare, on the last day I could hear next door just talking in their bedroom. Every time someone moves their chairs in the unit above you hear it loud & clear.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
work
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2008

I booked this exchange through RCI and was a bit concerened by the distance to the strip. Although it wasn't a terrible commute, I would have rathered being closer to the action. The distance necessitated us getting a rental car, a first for me in 5 trips to Vegas.

That being said, the rooms were large, clean and comfortable. Had it not been for the South Point Casino next door I would have hated my stay, but the casino was in walking distance, had resturants, buffets, a cinema and a bowling alley. Which worked out well for my family which included my two boys 12 & 14, and my mother in law.

We reserved two units and experienced rather small correctable problems. We did not attend a presentation, and did not feel pressured to do so.

Overall we did alot of outlet shopping, visited the Hoover Dam, and Freemont Street, and had an enjoyable trip.

• Liked — proximity to South Point Casino
  • Disliked — proximity to Strip
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2008

The staff at the Grandview was very helpful and friendly. At the last minute, we had to book another room and were immediately given another suite with only a $50 additional charge for maid service. It's relatively new, and we enjoyed it very much. It felt like we were living back in our condo with the fridge, roman tub, washer and dryer. And I like the fact it was away from the strip. It was close to the Primm Outlets, which saved me tons of money since there were many great deals.

• Liked — Felt like we were back in the condos.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2008

This is a great place to stay if heading to Vegas. Really great prices, large clean rooms, lots nearby. The only complaint I have about this resort is the service and people working there! No one was friendly, even when checking in. I didn't get one smile or hello from anyone there! The housekeeping and janitors seemed to use the elevators more than the guests, so it slowed us down alot...Another problem I had is when checking in, I signed for the set rate for the rental for the week...THEY made a mistake in charging me, then charged my credit card for additional charges without even advising me. I am still trying to get it sorted out...even after trying to get it sorted out before leaving the resort!! So check your credit card statements BEFORE you leave the resort!!!

• Liked — Ability to bring your own alcohol to the pool!
  • Disliked — Unfriendly service
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Stettler alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2008

My stepson,who is a RCI member gave us a week at the Grandview for our 50th birthdays we had such a GREAT time we got a timeshare and are going back May 09

Stayed April 2008
Enterprise
The Berkley, Las Vegas
The Berkley, Las Vegas
#139 of 264 in Las Vegas

Been to The Grandview at Las Vegas? Share your experiences!