We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite and had a total of 7 people in our party, which consisted of my husband and I with our 5 children. I was more than pleased with the service at this resort! I had never stayed at a timeshare property before and I really didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised with our accommodations.
I really, really loved having a full size kitchen. When you are feeding a family of 7 on vacation, it helps to have cooking facilities to cut costs. We used all of the kitchen, preparing breakfast, lunch and dinner in our room. We also used the on-site BBQ's, which were easy to use and clean. The kitchen comes with all the basic utensils you need to cook with, including pots, pans, knifes, etc. The only thing I wish I had brought was paper plates and a few Tupperware containers for leftovers.
A nice bonus was laundry in room. I was disappointed to learn they charged for extra little boxes of laundry soap, but it makes sense. So if you think you'll have to wash, bring your own soap. I was able to get a few loads done, which meant I packed clean clothes on our way out and didn't have to wash as much when we got home. :)
The pools were great. The kiddie pool was fun even for the "older" kids, ages 8 & 9. But the whole family really enjoyed the pool with the rock waterfall. It was very nice to look at & play in. And the pools were never over crowded considering how full the resort seemed. Another thing I liked was the restrooms right next to the pool and fresh pool towels were always available.
Inside our building was nice. Ice machines and vending machines were on certain floors, along with trash chutes so you can empty your own if you get too full. Our beds were very cozy, some of the best I've ever slept in while traveling. But the pull out beds were awful! We had to order roll away's for the kids, they couldn't even sleep on them. I will say though that I have never seen a pull out that was comfortable.
This resort is a great way to do the family version of Las Vegas, You are off the strip, away from the hustle, and really able to relax and feel like you are on vacation. The drive to the strip was welcome for us. You are literally right next door to Southpoint and the kids enjoyed the movie theatre and bowling alley. We also took them to one of the restaurant's there. My husband and I were able to go gamble a little too. It was fun. Take advantage of the coupon book the Grandview gives you.
We will be back, and we will always stay at the Grandview when we bring the kids to Vegas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacationing at The Grandview at Las Vegas Resort affords you and your family the ultimate in entertainment. Situated less than six miles from the Las Vegas Strip. The Grandview at Las Vegas Resort accommodations are 1,600 square feet of combined living space featuring a common foyer with separate controlled access for each suite. The spacious one- and two-bedroom accommodations are designed for the guest's maximum comfort. Kitchen, living room and dining room in each suite are integrated for entertaining and enjoyment. Designated suites meet Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Grandview at Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grandview At Las Vegas
- Grandview Hotel Las Vegas
- Grandview Resort Las Vegas
- Grand View Las Vegas
- The Grandview Las Vegas
- Grandview Resort Vegas
- Grandview Las Vegas Hotel
- Grandview Vegas
- Grandview Lasvegas
- The Grandview At Las Vegas