“Great accomodations away from strip” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Grandview at Las Vegas

The Grandview at Las Vegas
Ranked #46 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
East Brunswick, New Jersey
“Great accomodations away from strip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Grandview is a clean resort, very attentive and striving for excellence. You can see their efforts thruout the resort. The big pool closest to the main bldg does fill up quickly and you have to struggle a bit to find chairs and shade. They offer great shuttle service for everything including taking you to get groceries.
It's definitely away from the strip so, plan on and knowing bus routes or taxi prices etc...
It got expensive taking cabs to shows on the strip every night. Their shuttle only drops and picks up at 3 locations so it was a hike in the heat.
They are across from Southpoint Casino with many amenities but, it's not The Strip.

Room Tip: Request the bldg closest to the main office. You're close to go across the street to Southpoint...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Armymom12
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at The Grandview at Las Vegas, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for the great review! Positive comments here on Tripadvisor are vital to our reader’s decision-making when choosing a vacation destination and we truly appreciate it when a guest of ours takes the time to share their experience. We look forward to sharing our hospitality with you at The Grandview at Las Vegas for another relaxing vacation the next time you visit the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (584)
Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We were here with our family, and thoroughly enjoyed the quiet location, access to pools and all Vegas has to offer. We had read that there was a fee for wireless, but we received this free. We stayed in the brand new Honeysuckle tower and will definitely come back here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Eric C
Thank you so much for your recommendation! We take a lot of pride in The Grandview at Las Vegas and are excited when guests are pleased with our efforts. Come back soon!
Mesquite, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

This was my second time to stay at the Grandview. The rooms are comfortable and the distance to the strip is not too bad. They are next to a large resort/casino that has a movie theater, a bowling alley and several restaurants if you don't want to drive to the strip. The casino next door has a no smoking area upstairs if you want to play, but want to avoid the 2nd hand smoke. The 'restaurant' onsite is not really a restaurant. Imagine a gas station convenience store without the gas pumps. I had to leave my credit card at the desk for check in, but don't really understand why. I was unable to charge anything to my room. When I tried to call for room service, I was placed on hold for a very long time. I was told I would have to give them my credit card, because they could not charge my room. It actually turned out to be faster to walk to the 'restaurant' and buy what I wanted and return to my room. Once I realized what the 'restaurant' was, I did not try to order anything more or return there during my stay. I understand they are 'separate' from the resort, but I don't understand why the resort does not have any provision for guests to charge this to their room, especially since they have a credit card on file. I have to deduct points for this inconvenience. They also have ties to the Southpoint next door, but they don't have a provision to charge to your room there either.The Grandview is near the Las Vegas Outlet mall and there is an IHOP a few minutes away that is open 7/24. Knowing what I know, I would still stay there again.

Room Tip: I would not recommend the "90 Minute" time share presentation unless you have about 4 hour...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cyber B
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at The Grandview at Las Vegas, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for your recommendation of our resort. We regret that we didn’t meet all of your expectations but are thankful to know that you would return to vacation with us. It is the resort’s policy to request a deposit in the form of a credit card or cash upon arrival. The deposit is policy to cover any potential losses if the room is damaged. This standard policy is noted on our website and many in the travel industry adopt this practice worldwide. The resort doesn’t advertise a restaurant; instead, we have “Scotty Beans”, a deli/gift shop that features assorted sundries and menu items like pizza, sandwiches and burgers. We can’t offer charging privileges for the deli and South Point Casino because these businesses aren’t owned or operated by the resort. However, Scotty Beans will deliver to The Grandview’s guest rooms. Thank you again for sharing your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Las Vegas.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

We traveled with my Mom this trip and she needed assistance. The staff was very helpful giving her a ride from the back of the property to the front. I was glad to see this and very thankful for the kindness.

The kindness was enough to help over look the staff that was not so helpful. The check-in counter, where you get your parking pass, show tickets and coupon books. I had one of the staff, tell me I did not know what I was talking about, she made me go to my room, get the paperwork and return. By the time I got back she was getting her purse, from the cabinet and heading for the door. The next staff member was very helpful. By the way she left at 4 PM on Sunday Jun 29th. Some times guest are right and have real concerns.

The rooms were good, clean and comfortable. The AC cut out and had to be reset a couple of time, once reset they worked very good. We did call it in and maintenance did not come, but it started to work so it was Okay.

I would have like to talked to the property management group, while on site, (Like the RCI rep) but when I asked if there was some one I cold talk too. They said no. I was hoping to ask questions relating to using the web site and not about our stay this time.

Over all this was a very comfortable and great stay. We will be back and the great staff member over shined the bad.

Room Tip: South point Casino has a large amount of things to do not just gambling. That's why we like it h...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Although we are very thankful for your 5-star recommendation of our resort, we are dismayed to read that not all of our staff members were attentive to your needs. We are sorry that some of our employees didn’t provide you with the excellent service we are normally known for. Your comments have been forwarded to the resort’s General Manager so that they may be used as a coaching tool for employees. Guest reviews such as yours are vital in helping us in making our resort the perfect Las Vegas vacation destination and we appreciate your constructive feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share your review and we look forward to your return so that we may have another opportunity to exceed all of your expectations.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

After two yearly visits, I have no negative comments. We enjoyed all of the accommodations available to the residents...including the grill/pool area. Even the young adults (21+) in our group were pleased with the accommodations.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank rj11236
Thank you for lovely recommendation! We are so happy to know that you have enjoyed our hospitality during your vacations and we appreciate your loyalty to our resort. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Grandview at Las Vegas for another fun filled getaway.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

This is my first time visiting my home resort after 9 yrs and was very surprised that this place is very accomodating. The resort staff are respectful and courteous.
The rooms are very updated and clean. The location next to southpoint casino is perfect and strategically well located. I stayed with 15 friends and was able to booked several rooms and the resort put us all on one floor as I organized our college reunion and everyone of us is satisfied . I am giving 5 stars and recommend this place to everyone.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sofia A
Thank you for your wonderful recommendation of The Grandview at Las Vegas. We’re thrilled to know that you were surprised at how accommodating we are to our guests at your home resort. We’re happy that you and your friends enjoyed their college reunion vacation with us and we look forward to sharing our friendly hospitality with you again the next time you’re in Las Vegas.
Woodbury, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

This was our second time at this resort. We love it! We went with another couple and had two one bedroom condos. The full kitchen had everything we needed.Awesome large glass shower plus a Jacuzzi! Spent days by the wonderful pools and enjoyed the comfort of our bed at night. Love that is right next door to southpoint casino! Southpoint has so much to offer! We'll be back!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your lovely review of The Grandview at Las Vegas. We can receive no better compliment than knowing that you have chosen us as your vacation destination for a second time. We appreciate you sharing your positive experiences with our resort here on Tripadvisor and we look forward to sharing our hospitality with you again on your next trip to the city.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Las Vegas
Enterprise
The Berkley, Las Vegas
The Berkley, Las Vegas
#140 of 264 in Las Vegas

Been to The Grandview at Las Vegas? Share your experiences!