“As good as advertised”

The Grandview at Las Vegas
Ranked #51 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 27 August 2009

This place was perfect for us! My wife and I took our 14 yr old daughter and two of her 14 yr old friends to Vegas...Yes I know why in the hell would we ever do that to ourselves?!?!?

I looked online and found this place for an a amazing deal, buy one night and get the second for free, so the choice became obvious. My best friend and his wife stayed there last year and nothing but great things to say. I feel the same, the place was perfect! The room was great, the jacuzzi tub was WONDERFUL. The was just ok by Vegas standards and parking was a challenge (they have more than enough space for parking but you may have a walk a bit, but that's par for the course in Vegas.)

This place is a timeshare deal but they operate as a hotel so upon check-in they might ask if you're interested in having 'Breakfast' with them, that's a veiled attempt to get you in a sales meeting for the time share. Just tell them no, they are very polite and will continue on with your check-in. Lastly for for the gaming the South Point may as well be on the same lot as it only a few steps away.

All in all a great place!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank keithsam

Reviewed 26 August 2009

This was the 2nd time we have stayed here and it will certainly not be the last. My girlfriend and i stayed for a week in August 2009. The resort has improved since the last time we stayed - customer service was better and they now have a parking garage so finding a space is much easier than it used to be.
We were allocated to the Daisy building which is the newest of the towers and it was fantastic - everything was like new as though we were the first to stay there! They now have LCD tv's in the lounge and bedroom so this does give more space to move around and also looks better!
The bed was extremely comfortable and i have got to say we did not experience any unwanted noise from other rooms as has been mentioned on other reports.
This resort is located approximately 7 miles south of the main strip but as we hired a car this was not an issue for us but i think i would stay closer to the strip if i had to rely on public transport, although the resort do offer a shuttle service to and from the strip - we didn't use this so i cannot really comment on it.
The pool areas are well maintained and provide free towels - my only gripe with the whole resort really is that you cannot get a beer round the pool - but it's no major problem.
The south point casino next door is really good - pretty cheap to eat and drink there and a decent casino too, as well as bowling and a cinema complex. Oh yeh, Friday night all drinks are $1. You heard me right $1!!!!
It's also worth taking a trip to the new M resort which is about 2 miles further along the strip - this is a fantastic place - very luxurious.
All in all

1  Thank DesUK33
Reviewed 24 August 2009

We were a party of 4 adults who shared 1 room at GrandView. Everything was great - from the reception to checkout. We requested for a corner room on a high floor with a good view and got it. The room was clean and well decorated. The 2 TVs were great! We cooked and used the washer dryer as well. I would recommend the hotel and will come back again.
The only thing ( not really negative) - that the hotel is located a little far from the strip.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2009

My husband and I have only gone to vegas a couple of times and have stayed on the strip
The last ime we stayed here, we really loved it. Love that it is not on the strip. Very clean and large rooms. When you stay in a hotel room you have where no to where to hang out. Here, it's like a little apartment. You can get a few groceries and drinks for day time, and night time munching. The casino right next door has a great buffet. (Also a liquor store) You can also get a taxi there to get to the strip. There is also a shuttle for a nominal fee It takes you to a couple for hotels and back. A little bit of a ride but there is no drinking and driving this way. Better for your budget . There are 2 pools, one heated and one not. The timeshare tour is long, so if you have no interst in buying don't take the tour for the free stuff. If your just on vacation don't waste your time or their's, after all they are there to sell!!! I understand some have complained about hearing other peoplebut, it is just a hotel don't forget, not a place to live. We loved it and won't sty anywhere else next time we go.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Worldhotels.com
2  Thank sperry58
Reviewed 18 August 2009

Inspite of some of the bad reviews my husband and I stay at Grandview Resort was very pleasant. The beds were comfortable the rooms were nicely decorated and clean. Sometimes you may hear next door guest voices or the running water of the tub because the walls are so thin but we didn't hear much of that at all.The staff didn't bother us we only received our one reminder call of the resort presentation tour. Just my advise please do not take this tour it takes most of your time when you could be touring Vegas it is extremely too long. We were told 90 minutes we were there to listen to this sales pitch for 3 hours. The resort has a free shuttle bus that takes you to the market and to other places through out the week. The resort also have an outside company shuttle bus called Ritz Transportation that takes you to the strip for $8.00 a day. The shuttle bus also picks you up and drops you off from the airport to the resort for $8.00 per person that beats paying for the expensive cabs. I would recomend this resort just don't take the timeshare tour presentation too long.

1  Thank MiamiSweetie
Reviewed 12 August 2009

We have been at the Grandview for a couple of days now and stay through Saturday. I read all of the reviews before coming and wanted to add some of my own Pros and Cons of the resort...

Pros:
1. Very comfortable bed and pillows.
2. Clean room
3. Parking (although I read that others had an issue with this, we stayed in the Daisy building, parked in the parking garage and have not had any issues)
4. Conveniently located to major highways and the Strip

Cons:
1. WiFi is NOT free in the rooms ($9.95/per day). The media room is has very slow computers...
2. The front desk employees speak very broken English
3. When you check in, they try and get you to go to their sales pitch on time shares by offering $100 cash or show tickets. This is a 5 hour presentation!! DON'T DO IT!!
4. The pool with the water fall is freezing.
5. The rooms are poorly insulated. You can hear the other rooms running the bath tubs, etc.

Overall, this is a nice hotel. I would stay here again.

2  Thank AlohaKatie99
Reviewed 10 August 2009

I stayed at the Grandview with my husband this June. We enjoyed it alot. Everything was clean and well-decorated. It also had the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on!
Next door is the South Point casino, at which we spent alot of time. They have a bowling alley and movie theatre and a very nice spa.
However, it appears that the Grandview condos were put up quickly and a few finishing issues had not been resolved in our unit. First, several pegs were missing underneath the kitchen cabinet shelves so that the first time we went to grab a glass, all of the dishes nearly slid out onto the floor! The entertainment center doors had never been properly screwed in, so they didn't work. At least one of the faucets had been installed wrong so it didn't turn right. There were other things that I can't remember. All in all, they were small issues, but they should still fix those things. Secondly, the pool area was nice, but they only played really boring music. Lastly, they don't have free WI-FI and that is a dealbreaker for me. You can pay for it for like $40 for the week, but that's ridiculous. Yes, they have internet, but it's in the main building, so you'd have to trudge over there every morning - NO THANKS! I was planning on buying into this place, because I could use it for business, but if they don't offer free WI-FI to owners (or free shuttle to the strip) I'm not interested!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business