“Very Impressed!!”

Ranked #47 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Sedona, Arizona
“Very Impressed!!”
Reviewed 4 September 2009

Arrived at this property knowing it is a time share or related to a time share. To my surprise, I was checked in and not given the "sales pitch" once I announced that I was visiting on business.
The suites are spacious, well decorated, convenient full kitchen, ammenities where not in tune with the luxurious style of the suites. There was a dinning room, living room, full kitchen, closets, a "Jaccuzi Tub" between the bathroom and the bedroom.
My only complaint would be the 2 door deal to access your suite. My neighbors where rather strange and liked leaving their door open going in and out at all hours of the day and night. However, being a GM at a luxury property, I realize that human behavior cannot be blamed on the hotel management.
I will recommend this property to friends and relatives if they plan to visit Las Vegas. My overall impression is = Impressed!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank Ruffino

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (598)
Los Angeles
Reviewed 2 September 2009

If you are standing in the bathroom or in your bedroom and the downstairs, upstairs or next door neighbour has a shower or runs the tub, you cannot hear yourself speak. Our neighbours woke us up at 3am just walking around and the other neighbours woke us up at 7:30am with their shower.
Great value but housekeeping needs to learn how to wipe down and clean doors and kitchen. Food splattered on walls, dirty doors. Dishwasher in pieces on kitchen floor, water bottle on counter and plumber sweat smell in condo upon arrival.
Nice place to visit, do not buy!

3 Thank tanhaight
Florida
Reviewed 2 September 2009

We enjoyed our stay at The Grandview. We are owners and recently upgraded to a 2-bdrm in their new building. Staff was very courteous and professional. I loved being far enough away from the strip to escape the noise and smoke, but close enough when I was up for it. Location is convenient to many of the comforts of home; grocery store, gas station, fast food, etc. Room was clean. Luckily, we didn't have any neighbors until the day before we left. I only look forward to more improvements and expansions at The Grandview. Can't wait to visit Viva Las Vegas again!!

4 Thank VivaCinco
Long Beach, CA
Reviewed 27 August 2009

This place was perfect for us! My wife and I took our 14 yr old daughter and two of her 14 yr old friends to Vegas...Yes I know why in the hell would we ever do that to ourselves?!?!?

I looked online and found this place for an a amazing deal, buy one night and get the second for free, so the choice became obvious. My best friend and his wife stayed there last year and nothing but great things to say. I feel the same, the place was perfect! The room was great, the jacuzzi tub was WONDERFUL. The was just ok by Vegas standards and parking was a challenge (they have more than enough space for parking but you may have a walk a bit, but that's par for the course in Vegas.)

This place is a timeshare deal but they operate as a hotel so upon check-in they might ask if you're interested in having 'Breakfast' with them, that's a veiled attempt to get you in a sales meeting for the time share. Just tell them no, they are very polite and will continue on with your check-in. Lastly for for the gaming the South Point may as well be on the same lot as it only a few steps away.

All in all a great place!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank keithsam
UK
Reviewed 26 August 2009

This was the 2nd time we have stayed here and it will certainly not be the last. My girlfriend and i stayed for a week in August 2009. The resort has improved since the last time we stayed - customer service was better and they now have a parking garage so finding a space is much easier than it used to be.
We were allocated to the Daisy building which is the newest of the towers and it was fantastic - everything was like new as though we were the first to stay there! They now have LCD tv's in the lounge and bedroom so this does give more space to move around and also looks better!
The bed was extremely comfortable and i have got to say we did not experience any unwanted noise from other rooms as has been mentioned on other reports.
This resort is located approximately 7 miles south of the main strip but as we hired a car this was not an issue for us but i think i would stay closer to the strip if i had to rely on public transport, although the resort do offer a shuttle service to and from the strip - we didn't use this so i cannot really comment on it.
The pool areas are well maintained and provide free towels - my only gripe with the whole resort really is that you cannot get a beer round the pool - but it's no major problem.
The south point casino next door is really good - pretty cheap to eat and drink there and a decent casino too, as well as bowling and a cinema complex. Oh yeh, Friday night all drinks are $1. You heard me right $1!!!!
It's also worth taking a trip to the new M resort which is about 2 miles further along the strip - this is a fantastic place - very luxurious.
All in all

1 Thank DesUK33
California
Reviewed 24 August 2009

We were a party of 4 adults who shared 1 room at GrandView. Everything was great - from the reception to checkout. We requested for a corner room on a high floor with a good view and got it. The room was clean and well decorated. The 2 TVs were great! We cooked and used the washer dryer as well. I would recommend the hotel and will come back again.
The only thing ( not really negative) - that the hotel is located a little far from the strip.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
plymouth
Reviewed 20 August 2009

My husband and I have only gone to vegas a couple of times and have stayed on the strip
The last ime we stayed here, we really loved it. Love that it is not on the strip. Very clean and large rooms. When you stay in a hotel room you have where no to where to hang out. Here, it's like a little apartment. You can get a few groceries and drinks for day time, and night time munching. The casino right next door has a great buffet. (Also a liquor store) You can also get a taxi there to get to the strip. There is also a shuttle for a nominal fee It takes you to a couple for hotels and back. A little bit of a ride but there is no drinking and driving this way. Better for your budget . There are 2 pools, one heated and one not. The timeshare tour is long, so if you have no interst in buying don't take the tour for the free stuff. If your just on vacation don't waste your time or their's, after all they are there to sell!!! I understand some have complained about hearing other peoplebut, it is just a hotel don't forget, not a place to live. We loved it and won't sty anywhere else next time we go.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Worldhotels.com

2 Thank sperry58