Downtown Grand, an Ascend Collection Hotel
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$73
US$541
US$452
US$670
US$566
  • Pool
Wynn Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
US$1,021
US$906
US$255
US$203
Travelocity
US$346
US$306
  • Restaurant
New York - New York Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$85
  • Restaurant
Paris Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$245
US$172
Travelocity
  • Pool
Luxor Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$67
  • Restaurant
The Mirage Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$694
US$644
HotelsClick
2,341 results
All reviewsmob museumfremont streetpizza rocklady lucktriple georgehogs and heifersart barprovide ear plugsfremont experiencedowntown vegasrooftop poolcontainer parkresort feepremium roomstaying downtowngolden nuggetshower door
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This is a great hotel. It has been recently remodeled -- walk in showers, nice vanities in the bathroom, great bedding, flat screen TVs -- good enough for any major city. The most surprising thing is how QUIET the rooms are. Whenever in Vegas, one has to assume SOME noise, but after reading earlier reviews, I asked for a quiet room when I checked in. The front desk was very accommodating and put me in a QUIET room. I never heard hall noise or noise from rooms next to me. The pool is rooftop and meant for guests only -- a plus in Vegas. The fitness center was small, but clean and functional (two treadmills, two ellipticals, a few weight machines and centrally located and easy to get to). The hotel is in a GREAT location -- about a block off of Fremont Street, so you don't have the dregs of Vegas hanging out in the casino or panhandling you -- you instead have a very nice, clean casino. Easy exit off the fwy too. Also, the staff at the casino seemed to be a bit friendlier -- less jaded? -- than casino staff at other hotels. Valet parking was NO PROBLEM. Again, after reading the reviews, I almost pulled into self parking instead, but since I wasn't on a schedule - -I thought I'd give it a try. Thumbs up to management for listening to these complaints and adjusting. I texted the valet as I left my hotel room, and by the time I got to the valet stand my car was there waiting for me -- perfect. I have nothing negative to say about this hotel -- it is very clean, modern, friendly staff, quiet, great location and a great price.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room high up and not facing the street.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank krykie
Jimmy P, Vice President of Operations at Downtown Grand, an Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear krykie,

Thank you for your wonderful comments in your review of our hotel. I will be sure to share them with all team members. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Jimmy Palmer
Vice President of Operations

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We booked a normal room with the hotel for the July 4th weekend. When we reached there those rooms were somehow filled up. So they gave us a free upgrade to a suite on the top most floor (26) on the Grand tower. The view from the room was amazing .... you could see the whole city fro up there ... The July 4th fireworks were happening all over the city and it was kinda different perspective to see it from top. Loved the place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Akhil M
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Clean and modern hotel of higher standard. Staff at the front desk is very friendly an helpful. The room was stylish and rather big. Small but relaxing outdoor pool area (compared to some of the bigger resorts).

What is lacking are coffee/tea facilities at the room (coffee and tea are being served during morning hours at the lobby, but in Vegas, you do not necessarily are up before 10 am). Also, this hotel does not have a breakfast buffet. Location is fine, but a bit far from the strip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up. Less noice, better view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jan B, Director of Sales at Downtown Grand, an Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2014

Hi Martin W,
Thank you for your comments! Your feedback is definitely important to us as well. We hope to consider us for any future stays.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

This was our first visit to downtown and we really enjoyed it. The Grand is newly renovated and while it's not a five star hotel, they have done a very nice job with decor. One of the best perks was that we could always find everyone while at the casino in our group quickly and get in and out without a hike...a rarity in Vegas. It's proximity to Fremont street meant we were able to walk to all other areas of interest downtown. We meant to check out the mob bar, but didn't. The pizza place is good. Cantina is good value for ok food. We stayed facing third street and didn't have a problem with noise, but we were in far corner. Pool was closed due to high winds, but looked promising.

2  Thank Cjwslp
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed here again over the Fourth of July weekend. Overall, had a good experience.

Very friendly check-in staff again with no line when I checked in. Friendly casino staff.

Valet parking was great this trip -- the Downtown Grand lets you text for your car and it's then waiting for you when you arrive at the valet about 10 minutes later. And there wasn't a single time where my car wasn't ready for me.

Only concerns I had were that -- no matter how low I set the temperature -- my room would never get below 75 degrees. Also, the food at Stewart and Ogden at breakfast was only average (though service was quick and good).

As always, bring earplugs if you don't want to stay awake until 3 am from the bands playing on Fremont Street and at the Gold Spike as the noise comes through the windows.

Overall, though, another good stay and I'll be back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank skierrob

Dear skierrob,
Thank you for the great comments! We appreciate the useful feedback as well and will take note. We look forward to having you back as our guest.