“Worst Service EVER!”

Top of the World Restaurant at the Stratosphere
Reserve with OpenTable
Top of the World Restaurant at the Stratosphere is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 4,825 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Price range: US$50 - US$80
Good for: View, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Sahara Blvd.
Description: Consistently voted one of Las Vegas' best for food, atmosphere and view, Top of the World restaurant delivers an internationally inspired menu crafted by renowned chefs Rick Giffen and Claude Gaty. Prime beef, Farm raised Colorado lamb, line caught organic seafood are but a few of the fresh, wholesome and natural ingredients that are combined to create a dining experience that is sure to be memorable. Indulge in any of our hand fashioned cocktails, or peruse our award winning wine list as you dine in a relaxing and comfortable setting where every seat has a view of the hottest city in the desert gently revolving 360 degrees, 840 feet above the valley. And don't think that the evening ends here. After dinner enjoy the Level 107 Lounge. EARLY Happy Hour from 4pm to 7pm features half price appetizers and 2 for 1 cocktails. LATE Happy Hour from 10pm to 1am features half price appetizers, and 2 for 1 cocktails from 1am to Close. DJ Entertainment nightly playing electic dance music from 11pm to Close.
Airdrie, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst Service EVER!”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Its very hard to write a bad review when the majority of the reviews on here are positive if not raving. I honestly can tell you that I was tremendously disappointed with the Top of the World. I have had better service at family restaurants. Let me explain the situation. My husband and I on planning our short trip to LV decided to splurge for one night, normally we eat at the buffets of smaller restaurants while we are there. Since it was also our anniversary where else to go but to the "Top of the World"? We heard the food was impeccable and the idea of the rotating restaurant and tower was neat. We were looking forward to it as being a highlight and even got extra dressed up for the night. The service apon getting to the tower was wonderful, the security men, the elevator operator and even the maître D were top class. BUT THEN THE WAITRESS arrived! I have never, ever, EVER met such a horrible waitress. I would hope that a 5 star restaurant would have better control over a surly snarling waitress that belong is a smoky diner on an interstate, if even there. She didn't greet us, no smile, no small talk. She didn't bother to explain the wine pairing menu which I was sort of interested in, but was annoyed and then rolled her eyes when we declined to order a bottle of wine. We ordered a substantial meal, with salads to start and then we were looking forward to having some time to enjoy the view and talk. Our salads were fabulous, the bread bowl was amazing to our horror she brought the main course out to our table when we were still eating our salads! She asked if she should "hold our meals?" WHAT?!? When on Earth does a 5 star dining room do this? The meals were absolutely amazing , with the steaks being out of this world but my lobster was a bit cold from sitting while we finished our salads. It was hard to relax and eat after being made to feel rushed. To top off the night then, our table was cleaned and our waitress brought over what we thought was the dessert menu, I say thought because she didn't say anything, she threw it on the table and walked away. It was the BILL! I was dumbfounded! We were not offered coffee or tea or dessert! This was the cap to the evening. We told her we were annoyed and left. She made a VERY SMALL tip. My husband and I eat in some fairly nice places throughout the year with his job, so we know good service, and I was horrified at this experience. When you expect, with the restaurants reputation, to be treated like gold and then have this experience it is upsetting to day the least. The food was wonderful and the chefs should be told they are top notch but this waitress needs a talking to. I would recommend other fine dining along the strip

1 Thank reneemf900
Arianna_Potter, Manager at Top of the World Restaurant at the Stratosphere, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Top of the World. Your feedback is a vital tool in the improvement of our practices. I apologize sincerely that the servie you received was subpar and would lvoe the opportunity to have you back in, in addition to discussing some of the finer details of your evening so that it can be addressed appropriately. Please contact me directly at arianna.potter@stratospherehotel.com

I look forward to hearing from you soon,

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
UK
“Great view, sad food”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We were here on a Sunday night, celebrating my boyfriend's 40th birthday. Clearly the views are going to be amazing and they do not disappoint. The restaurant rotates a full 360 over 80 minutes. The waiting staff were great as were the reception/security staff. The food was dismal, I have to say, I had the corn chowder to start, my boyfriend had pork belly, and salmon for main, my main was pork fillet (of which i only ate about a quarter). My boyfriend had three beers and I had one glass of wine. The bill came to $165 plus tip. I wouldn't recommend the food but would recommend the view! We went to the bar one floor up afterwards. The views aren't so great, and it's dark and dingy - but for the view, it's cheaper and therefore worth it!

Hi Lorraine,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts on our views, service, and food. While we are glad that you enjoyed the first two, I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed in the dinner itself. I would appreciate the opportunity to learn what, specifically, was wrong with your dishes so that I can share the feedback with our Chefs. Please contact me directly at arianna.potter@stratospherehotel.com.

Thank you in advance, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

London, United Kingdom
“Don't be alarmed by the jumpers!”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Stratosphere is pretty simple to explain

The best view of Vegas
Great food
Fun cocktails
People jumping past your window on one of Stratosphere's crazy extreme rides

The restaurant is constantly rotating at a slow speed. You won't get motion sickness but if you are very susceptible then face the right way. My wife suffers from it but was fine going backwards

• Visited November 2013
Arianna_Potter, Manager at Top of the World Restaurant at the Stratosphere, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
We're glad that you enjoyed everything! Thank you for coming in, and we hope to see you again soon!

Guilford, Connecticut
“Great food, service, and view, Love It, Love It!”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We have been there twice, and each time was magnificent, this review is long overdue. This literally stands out as a premier Vegas experience. While it's nice to see all the craziness of the strip etc, it such a pleasure to come up here and experience such sophistication and elegance. The servers go out of their way to make you comfortable, and the food is superb, pricey for Vegas, but if you do it just once each time you come it's more than worth it. Will be back on our next trip there. Thanks George.

• Visited August 2013
Thank you for coming in, Gary. We're glad you enjoyed everything, and hope to see you again soon.

Petersfield, United Kingdom
“Fantastic views, fantastic service.”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This is an experience not to be missed, the restaurant revolves so you get a view of the whole of Las Vegas by the time you have had your meal. The service during our visit was exemplary, the food was delicious and the wine list good. I would highly recommend a visit.

• Visited November 2013
Thank you for joining us! We appreciate your patronage, and the recommendation. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip!

Take care,