“Good gym, rooms, service”

Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel
Ranked #65 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Ames, Iowa
“Good gym, rooms, service”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I really appreciate a 24-hour gym in a hotel, particularly one with a variety of equipment: treadmills, ellipticals, bikes, and weights. And it's nice when each piece of the cardio equipment has its own tv so everyone doesn't have to listen to the same tv program (e.g., Fox news). So, this hotel has these things going for it. One thing I would suggest to management though: tell maintenance guys that they shouldn't stand outside by the pool staring at people (women) who are working out inside. Creepy.

Another thing I would suggest to management: stop skimping on coffee. I had to ask repeatedly for a second (one-cup) packet for the little coffee maker in my room. And why give someone two decafs instead of regular? And why not give people cream and sugar without being asked? These things are basic, especially for a four-star hotel.

Also, do a better job of letting people know that they can print their boarding passes for free. It's difficult to tell on the business computers, and it's easy for people to lose $5 because they think they have to pay for a minimum amount of internet access and printing access. Post a sign for heaven's sake. Why would you want your customers to lose money needlessly?

And I'll just say here (as many have) that paying for wireless in a hotel is just wrong. Upscale hotels need to stop doing this sort of robbery. It's unethical.

These are my suggestions. These said, I want to point out that the service at the hotel was great. The people at the front desk were extremely helpful and friendly. And the hotel isn't that far from the strip if that's where you want to go. Part of the walk I wouldn't want to do past 9:00 p.m., but it's fine during the day and early evening.

Room Tip: I got my Tuesday to Friday stay for $55 per night. I paid more for Friday to Saturday.
2 Thank SpunkyGirl
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property. We were pleased to learn that you our location and fitness center were your liking. Your enjoyment is important to us and we are happy to be able to provide comforts and conveniences that you value. We are sorry, however, to learn that there are some areas which definitely require our attention. We appreciate feedback such as yours as it makes us aware of service opportunities. We have discussed your comments respective department heads and are taking immediate steps to eliminate experiences such as yours in the future. Again, I apologize that we fell short of our mutual service expectations during your stay.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Tim Herman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I have stayed at this location at least 6 times over the last 6 months for business. This hotel is consistent.

The staff at this hotel is knowledgeable, friendly and they go out of their way to assist you. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, and the work out facility is great! It is centrally located which makes getting to my accounts very convenient.

1 Thank Fatcat B
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are thrilled to hear that you have so many positive things to say about our hotel, our location and especially our service. We are so pleased to have you stay with us so often! We are grateful for your loyalty.

We look forward to serving you during your next trip to Las Vegas.

Americus, Georgia
Reviewed 16 March 2013

The hotel is nice. The rooms are nice. The hotel service, at the valet and service levels is excellent....so what's the problem? The phone in my room had a cable missing, so did not work. The temperature control for the room was impossible to reach without putting a handprint on the window while moving furniture. I was placed on hold 4 times by the operator, then finally gave up. The front desk manager somehow 'forgot' to put the bills for the two rooms I reserved under my door, so I had to get the hotel staff to fetch the other one...which is annoying at 5 AM. This hotel needs to tighten the bolts...also, a little soundproofing would be nice. The conventioner next door played a little "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas....all night long. So, I will probably consider the Cosmopolitan nxt time. Especially since the hotel manager made sure I knew that 50-120 platinum members whipe through here each week, so I am 'not that special" even though he was very very nice while he said it. Easy parking, easy access to the monrail, if you are so inclined. Just a very expensive and mediocre stay.

1 Thank suspect309
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Please accept our sincere apology for the service failures you experienced during your stay with us. The service and messages you received from our staff are not indicative of our mutual standards. We take pride in our ability to deliver a memorable guest experience, but clearly missed in the mark in these instances. It is through such feedback as yours, that we can address shortfalls and make necessary improvements.

I would personally be very interested in speaking with you regarding your stay and would welcome you to contact me at your convenience in my office at (702) 784-5751. You can also email me at Tim.Herman@interstatehotels.com should email be your preference. Thank you again for your feedback, so we can get address these challenges and prevent them from happening in the future.

Lexington SC
Reviewed 16 March 2013

There are too many superior choices in hotels in Las Vegas to waste time with this hotel. I also agree with other reviews that they seem understaffed especially in the grill. I also think their management and supervisory staff is miserable at providing top quality customer service and dealing with issues. Beware that they contract out package delivery to The UPS Store which then charges excessive "handling" fees to release your package. I have shipped many packages to my attention at hotels nation wide and NEVER come across this ridiculous policy. I do not believe they have any right to transfer custody of my property to a third party without my prior knowledge or consent. When brought to their attention they deflect and try to minimize their responsibility. Overall a very poorly managed hotel and not worth the price.

Room Tip: Stay away from choosing this loser of a property
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JacksPack
Thank you for posting this review and sharing your feedback on what appears to have been a less than ideal experience at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apology for the service shortfalls you experienced. After reviewing your comments, we have shared them with the respective departments to ensure the elimination of such experiences as yours in the future.

san diego
Reviewed 11 March 2013

With its close proximity to the convention center, you would think that the hotel would know how to cater to large crowds. Not so! The bellhop is also the valet and leaves your luggage unattended while he retrieves your vehicle; there are only a couple of servers in the Grill Cafe waiting on several tables; and it takes forever for housekeeping to get around to cleaning your room and then they forget to leave toiletries! The rooms are small with thin walls - could hear the guy next door blowing his nose; snoring; talking on the phone; as well as his alarm clock going off at 5 AM!

Although the staff was short handed, they were accommodating and extremely courteous. The food in the restaurants as well as room service was excellent, although very over priced.

1 Thank funsandiego
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us. Although we were pleased to hear that our staff was courteous and accommodating, we sincerely apologize for the service shortfalls you experienced during your stay.

I would personally be very interested in speaking with you regarding your stay and welcome you to contact me at your convenience in my office at (702) 784-5750. You can also email me at Tim.Herman@interstatehotels.com should email be your preference. Thank you again for your feedback, so we can get address these challenges and prevent them from happening in the future.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Renaissance Las Vegas is my preferred hotel in Las Vegas. It's smoke free, gaming free and it's right on the monorail line which gets you to most of the major strip hotels in a matter of minutes. The rooms are comfortable, there are plenty of outlets for devices, the parking is easy, the hotel bar has some delicious drink and food offerings (although they are pricey).

I also like the gym at this location. There is a big window that overlooks the pool and has good views of the sky so there's plenty of light. There are lots of machines and weights as well.

The only weird thing about this hotel is the pool area, it's small and cramped, but I don't go here for the pool experience anyway.

3 Thank Jon M
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are thrilled to hear that you have many positive things to say about our hotel, our convenient location and especially our fitness center. We certainly understand the importance of sticking to your workout routine when traveling for business.

Should your future travel plans include Las Vegas, we hope you will stay with us again.

All the best,
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Perfect location if attending the Las Vegas Convention Center. The hotel is located right next door to the south convention center halls. The monorail station is also a short walk away. Staff were helpful. Hotel was clean and comfortable. $10 cab ride to the strip. No casino makes it a relaxing lobby. Hotel got busier by Thursday night so the noise level increased slightly, but not intolerable. Pool is in a courtyard in the center of the hotel resulting in limited direct sunlight.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. We are happy to learn our location and non-gaming atmosphere were suitable to your needs. Your positive recognition of these characteristics of our property here on TripAdvisor is sincerely appreciated.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you will afford us the opportunity to serve you the next time you are in Las Vegas.