“Very happy with this property”

Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel
Ranked #67 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Through my travels I have stayed at a number of Marriott owned properties and have been let down a little at each. But this place is very nice. The location is not bad at all, very easy to get to the strip. Also plenty of things to do in any direction you go. The view from my room was excellent, the sunrise coming off of Wynns was really cool. I had the King Deluxe Suite Room 1030 the night of March 29th. I am going to want this room every stay I have in Vegas. The room is very modern and the 1.5 bathrooms do come in handy. The bed was a little hard for my wife but it was fine for me. When I arrived my room was not ready but they did offer to store my luggage and when I came back they had it delivered to my room which was great. The only bad thing I could say about the property is knowing where to turn in off the road when you drive. I missed the turn when I first arrived and it took about 15 min to get back. Other than that the staff was friendly and the room was clean and I can't wait to stay again.

S. Davis

• Stayed: March 2013
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

We sincerely thank you for your recent visit with us. We are very happy you enjoyed your suite upgrade! It’s also a pleasure to hear that you would choose stay with us again, as this is certainly our goal – to have your loyalty.

We are looking forward to your next visit!

There are newer reviews for Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel

Reviewed 27 March 2013

Great Property but AMAZING Concierge (Fotis). We went to Vegas to celebrate our 1 year anniversary but prior to arriving I wanted to do something special for my wifes and I 1st anniversary. I contacted the hotel and was transferred to the concierge desk and the gentleman that helped me was Fotis Tsaganis who in my oppinion was the most professional and catering individual I have ever met. The time he took to help with my requests was very appreciated but the wow factor was when we arrived and checked in. I had requested flowers and rose petals however the presentation he did was breathtaking, he personally decortated the room and made our bath towels look like swans on our bed and he even personally wrote a poem for my wife and I. The next day I went down stairs to hopefully meet Fotis but turns out he is at the property just 1 day. I also found out that he took the time to decorate our room and personally picked up all the items for me on his day off and without any intention of receiving any type of gratuity as he knew I would not be meeting with him since he would not be at this hotel during our stay. We did speak to another concierge (Jennifer) who was helpful but was quick to tell me that the concierge services does not actually work for the hotel but are separate but dealing with Fotis you would have thought he was the owner of the Renaissance as for delivering on the brand that Renaissance is known for. For any hotel management that reads this please personally thank Fotis for me and tell him please that he is an example of great customer service.

Room Tip: Ask to personally speak with Fotis for any of your requestes or needs
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

Amazing is absolutely correct! Thank you for such a great review and for staying with us for such a special occasion. We sincerely appreciate you sharing this story with us. We are very eager to share this review with Fotis, as we are certain he will be thrilled to learn he made such a wonderful impression on you. Stories of warm welcomes and over the top attention to detail, such as yours, are an inspiration to all of us at the Renaissance Las Vegas.

We truly hope you will choose us when you travel to Las Vegas again, especially for your next anniversary!

Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

Close to the monorail, no casino, clean, no smoking in the lobby as you walk in. The rooms were nice size, very clean. The bathroom was clean, modern. If you are looking for a place that has buffets , this isn't re place. But for the money this was perfect for us !

1  Thank B L

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are happy to learn our value, proximity to the Las Vegas Monorail and non-smoking atmosphere were suitable to your needs. Your positive recognition of these characteristics of our property here on TripAdvisor is sincerely appreciated.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you will afford us the opportunity to serve you the next time you visit Las Vegas.

Reviewed 25 March 2013 via mobile

My trip to Las Vegas happens to overlap with many spring break travelers, the room price triples during these days. This renaissance offers good value although it is 2 miles away from the strip.

However, the overall experience is awesome for us and we really enjoy it.

1. Quick checkin and checkout, 30 seconds literally.
2. Good room equipment, nice bed, clean and tidy bathroom.
3. Free parking
4. A very cute cafe in the lobby, which carries illy coffee and sandwich.
5. Nice pool and jacuzzi

We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments with us! We enjoy hearing you had so many positive experiences during your stay. We truly design our service, outlets and amenities with the guest in mind. It’s great to hear your appreciated the areas we put so much effort into. Delivering excellence in all areas is at the heart of what we do and we’re happy to hear this resonated with you. We truly hope you will choose us when you travel to Las Vegas again.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

My wife and I had two great nights here using a voucher that we got on Travelzoo. This hotel was great. The breakfasts were out of this world. We had a suite on the 9th floor with a wonderful view of many fine hotels and casinos. I would suggest this hotel to anyone wanting to visit Las Vegas. There is no casino which was fine with me. There is also a free parking garage.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We are pleased that you were able to score that great Travelzoo deal and that you had such a wonderful experience with us! We certainly hope you choose to stay with us again when you find yourself traveling to Las Vegas again.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

We found a great deal on Travel Zoo that included the room, two drinks a day, parking, wi-fi and breakfast for an amount more in line with budget hotels. No resort fee, no casino, great view and lots of quiet. The hotel was built in 2005 so everything is stylish and new. Our room faced west to the strip and we had a fantastic skyline view over the Wynn golf course. Because of the golf course, it is more than 1/2 mile walk to the strip but that's easily overcome if you have a car to drive to the free parking garages of the major hotels (unless it's rush hour and the strip is gridlock). Also, the monorail is just a short walk straight out the front door of the hotel. Rides are $5 one way but multi-ride tickets will bring the price down.
The bed was very comfy. The bathroom had both a shower and a separate tub. My only wish was that there had been two sinks or more top counter space. The refrig. in the room was cold (once it was plugged in). Our room was serviced every day but we also tried very hard to let one of the maids know when we left the room in the morning.
Our deal included $40 for breakfast each day. You'll use every bit of this. Breakfast is in the steak house restaurant from a menu .. no buffet. The granola with yogurt and fresh fruit plate is huge. I could never finish the entire thing. Our glasses of orange juice were refilled whenever we asked.
There are no restaurants you can walk to from this hotel. It borders on a less desirable neighborhood to the east but we felt quite safe. The steakhouse in the hotel is very pricy but the bar has a small happy hour menu which we used the first night when we were too tired to drive out and search for something else. The concierge gave us some "local's favorites" recommendations a couple of nights when we were not eating on the strip.
We sat by the pool several times. The pool is in a tiled patio area in the center of the hotel...not much sun but very relaxing with the large two-person chaises.
Overall, with this deal, this is the only place I'd stay. While I'd have liked to wander along the strip a little more without having to drive there, we'll stay here again if the deal is available.

Room Tip: Ask to face the strip. A/C and street noise didn't bother us on the 8th floor.
1  Thank janiewall
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

We sincerely thank you for your recent visit with us and for such a great review here on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear all of the positive feedback you shared about our hotel amenities, your dining experience, and our convenient proximity to the Las Vegas Monorail Station. The monorail station definitely makes it possible to enjoy that excitement the strip offers, but get back to peace and quiet for some rest. We will be sure to pass along your kind words to our ambassadors. We are sure they will be thrilled to hear you were so pleased with your stay.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

This is a decent place with a convenient location right next to the convention center. If you are attending a convention, then you can't really go wrong at this location. It is off the strip, but not to far. The room was nice and clean, but nothing special. The best thing about the room was how quiet it was which is great and usually pretty rare in Sin City. I would stay again but only if I were attending a convention or was able to get a really great rate.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your comments. We are happy to hear you have some positive things to say about our hotel and that you would stay with us again. Should your future travel plans include Las Vegas, we hope you will indeed choose to stay with us.