“Gorgeous Hotel and View!”

Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel
Ranked #70 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This hotel is really beautiful, the room was like new, spotless, impeccably clean.
We were on the top floor facing the golf course.
Past the golf course you could see the Vegas Strip, the view at night was incredible!
Being just off the Strip, this place is close to everything.
Got a good deal through Priceline, for a Single King Room it was $95 per night.
The restaurant looked nice, but we did not eat there during our stay.
Everything about this hotel was plush and perfect!
I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room with a view of the golf course and strip, as high up as possible!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul Y
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

We appreciate you taking a few minutes to tell us about your experience with us. We are particularly happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the view from the guest room. We sincerely value reviews such as yours, as it assures us that we are delivering on our service promises. We will look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Las Vegas.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Very nice staff, rooms were clean and simple. Walked to the monorail which took all of 5mins.
The only downside was the pool. If you are looking for sun time this hotel would not be the place. The pool is surrounded by 4walls and I believe the hotel had 14 floors, thus leaving no real sun time. A tip for you with the pool delema. We were able to use any of the Marriott pools just by showing our room key so we headed over to the Courtyard and enjoyed their pool for a few hours. This again was about a 5-7min walk due to the crossswalks are slow.
Overall this property met expecations

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your positive review on your stay with us. We were thrilled to learn that you appreciated our location and found the monorail to be easily accessible. We are, however, sorry to hear of your experience with our pool area but relieved that we were able to locate a suitable alternative at our sister property.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many times in the past and had fond memories. I was sincerely looking forward to going back after having not been there since 2010.

A lot has changed since then.

On the plus side, if you're going to the convention center (as I was), the location simply can't be beat. And if you need to be in Vegas for a long stretch and don't want to hear the "ding ding ding" of slot machines every day, the lack of a casino is much appreciated.

Also, in general, the level of service is quite good. The front desk staff was pleasant and efficient, the doormen made sure to welcome me each day when I returned and the bar staff was amazing. I had a couple drinks at the hotel bar on the first night. When I returned there on the second night, they remembered both my name and my drink of choice. Nice!

Now on to less positive things. First, the hotel rooms have been remodeled since my last stay. I used to love the peaceful, almost zen-like feel to the room. It was a welcome oasis at the end of a long day on the convention floor. No more. The modern furniture is very cold and extremely uncomfortable. And the new Vegas-y decor (my room had a 3D piece of "art" resembling gambling dice and large black and white pictures of showgirls) was simply tacky.

As other reviewers have noted, the walls are rather thin - I got to enjoy the sounds of a screaming child on the first 4 of my 9 nights at the hotel.

The thing that seems to have most changed since my last visit here was the cleanliness of the common areas. The lobby was immaculate, but not much else was. I was especially disappointed to see a mess on one of the elevator floors (I'm guessing a cookie that had been repeatedly stepped on) remain there for at least 14 hours. Do the managers and supervisors not ride the elevators, or do they simply not care?

Lastly, the Envy steakhouse (which I used to love) has gone dramatically downhill in terms of both service and quality. I will try to submit a review of that separately, but feel it's worth noting here that a noticeably unpleasant fish smell greeted me each day as I passed by the place. Yuck!

I assume when I return for a convention next year I will stay here again as the proximity to the convention center is unbeatable. But I won't be looking forward to my stay as I had in years past. Too bad.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank 630Steve

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are happy to hear that what we offer suited your business travel needs. We pride ourselves on being a peaceful alternative to the strip and strive to offer the highest level of services and accommodations.

On another note, please accept our sincere apology for the service failures you experienced during your stay with us and for the disappointment with our room remodel. What you described is certainly not indicative of our mutual standards. I would like to assure you that we try our best to deliver a memorable guest experience, but clearly missed the mark in these instances. It is through such feedback as yours, that we can address shortfalls and make necessary improvements.

We hope that we can prove to you on your next visit that we are indeed the very same hotel that you described you were so eager to visit again.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Stayed here for. 5 nights for a recent conference. The rooms may be a little dated, but they have everything I needed- coffee machine, fridge, iron and board, huge bathroom and comfy bed. Staff we're accommodating and breakfast was great.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jonners50
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are thrilled to hear that you have many positive things to say about our hotel, our convenient location and especially our service.

Should your future travel plans include Las Vegas, we hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

Booked via Marriott site for 113$. The hotel is located in the convention center area with 4 other Marriott chain hotels. This is the most upscale one. The lobby is luxurious and the check in was pleasant and professional. Now the room.... Wow!!!

I was provided with a huge 1 bedroom suite with huge living room with showgirl mural, good sized bedroom with super comfie king bed, huge bathroom, 2 TV (was some technical issues which were fixed promptly). The pool was quite nice, in the atrium area, and the gym was fully equipped. Loads of free parking. No pesky resort fee. Recommended highly.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Lubiere

Thank you for your recent visit with us and for your very positive feedback. We could not be happier to learn we have earned your endorsement as a “super choice”! We know this is not an easy title to earn when there are so many choices in Las Vegas from such a seasoned traveler like yourself. Reviews such as yours are a pleasure to share with our staff, as it is particularly inspiring confirmation that we are indeed delivering great experiences to our guests in both tangible and non-tangible ways.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope that if your future travel plans include Las Vegas – you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This hotel is ideal if you are working at the Las Vegas Convention Centre. It is literarily 5 minutes walk to the nearest South Hall. The Monorail station is just as close. The hotel itself is fairly comfortable if not having the best appointed rooms I've stayed in. The up-side is that it is 'casino free'. Breakfast can't be faulted, although service I found to be little slow. Front desk staff were very pleasant & accommodating, allowing me to use their internet and printer to check-in for my flight home and to print my boarding pass.

Room Tip: Ask politely.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Iain664

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are happy to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us and that what we offer suited your business travel needs. We pride ourselves on being a peaceful alternative to the strip when in Las Vegas to work at the Convention Center and we hope that if your future travel plans include Las Vegas for business or pleasure – you would consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Location is very close to monorail station and LV convention center. Hotel is non gaming and non smoking which is welcome after a day in the casinos. We had dinner at Grill 55 it was good and priced like most vegas meals. We had breakfast sandwiches at the EGO cafe which were not tasty. The hotel staff was very friendly and accomodating. They give you access to a computer and printer right at the front desk to print boarding passes. We also forgot a razor and they gave us one for free. Also gave us early check in, which was much appreciated after our long flight. The bed was comfortable but the accomodations are medicore and priced to high. We had a nice view of the Encore, Wynn and monorail but the windows were filthy. Warning you are not close to the strip be prepared to take a cab or ride the monorail.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank crystaljean

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent experience with us. We regret to hear that your stay, although it had some highlights, had too many lowlights. We mean it when we say we sincerely appreciate your comments because by sharing this information on cleanliness and food quality, we are able to recover and mitigate these kinds of scenarios in the future.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you would consider staying with us again if your future travels include Las Vegas.