“Nice retreat off the strip...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel
Ranked #64 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Nice retreat off the strip...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Had a great experience here. We stayed here for my husband's birthday, complimentary because of his silver elite status. The staff did not compromise service because of the discount, though.

When we first checked in, we were given room 410. The door handle fell off in the inside. Also noticed that the wall art in the bathroom was hung upside down. No big deal but the front desk staff was nice enough to give us a new room on the 12th floor.

When we got to the new room, there was champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us. A very nice touch.

The hotel is very close to the convention center and a walk away from the strip. It would have been nice to have an information book that most hotels have that orients travelers to the general area and to the hotel. Maybe that's in the works. The monorail is very close and will take you to the strip for $5. But the front desk staff won't tell you tips like that; they said that there was no information book because the hotel doesn't really have that many amenities and then offered some generic tour brochures. Thought that was an odd comment but maybe it was his first day.

At night, it was very quiet in the halls. It was nice to have a non-smoking space to come home to. The rooms were clean and housekeeping did a great job of tidying while we were out. The decor feels fresh. Aveda products! There was also free cider in the lobby. My only complaint is that the air gets pulled under the door and creates a whistle that is apparent when it is really quiet. Otherwise, great hotel experience.

The front desk staff were very helpful. When we needed some tickets printed, the front desk guy was nice enough to just print off one sheet versus paying $5 in the business center.

We had dessert at the bar (I don't know the name because there is no info book). I recommend the chocolate torte. The service was good.

Great experience here. I would come back.

Room Tip: Ask for a strip-facing room.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Minnesota T
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Happy belated birthday to your husband! Although your stay started off a little rocky, it is great to know that our staff was able to recover for your special birthday getaway.

We appreciate your suggestion in regard to providing local information and will certainly utilize this feedback as a training tool.

Also, thank you for letting us know about the “whistle” in the guest room. Without this information, we would not have the opportunity to make the necessary changes to ensure the comfort of our future guests.

We are thankful for your comments and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Tim Herman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

I stayed two nights at this property in late October 2013.

The hotel is located adjacent to the Las Vegas Convention Center. If you are in town for an event at this facility, this is as close as you can get. It is near the strip, but in summer the heat would probably prevent you from walking there.

The hotel has an expansive, modern lobby. Check-In was fast and friendly. The room was clean, updated and very comfortable.

I had room service for breakfast on one day. The food was excellent and was brought up to my room quickly.

The hotel is smoke and casino free, which is great if you want some quiet.

My only negative would be getting to the parking garage is a bit of a haul, but not nearly as bad as the casino hotels. Also, there is always valet, which would eliminate the walk to the garage.

I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank SMDTraveler
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback and for choosing the Renaissance as your Las Vegas destination. We are happy to know that you enjoyed our property as well as the service provided to you.

We will look forward to serving you again in the future.

San Jose, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

I love Las Vegas. Until I don't. I have to go there each year for business. I usually stay in a casino property, and suffer through clouds of cigarette smoke that sticks in my hair, the constant dinging of the slot machines, and drunkards returning to their room and having fights and screaming down the halls. So this year, I chose the Renaissance. Next to a monorail station, so there was access to the action and nightlife when I wanted it. Right across from the South Halls of the Conventions Center, so easy to get to my meetings. The hotel is well appointed and very quiet. A perfect respite. The downsides: Room service is extremely expensive and is not made up for in quality (but it is lightening fast). They only have king beds or 2 doubles. No queens. A great choice for the business traveller who needs to be well rested in the morning.

Room Tip: They only have king beds or 2 doubles. No queens. Go for the King if possible.
3 Thank Dinna M
Thank you for sharing your Renaissance experience with us. It is great to know that you found our hotel to be the “perfect respite”.

It is, however, disappointing to learn about your In Room Dining experience. Please rest assured that your feedback will be shared with our management teams in an effort to make improvements.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I like to stay here when we come to vegas. It's quiet, smoke-free, and the deluxe suite is luxurious, decorated in elvis-style purple! We love having 2 bathrooms, a big living room, and all at a great price.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
A huge thank you to you and your husband for your recent visit at the Renaissance Las Vegas. It is always appreciated when our guests take the time to share their feedback with us. We are delighted that your stay was enjoyable and also to hear that you loved our Deluxe suite!

We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Renaissance Las Vegas because it was just off the strip, across the street from the Las Vegas Convention Center, one block from the monorail and two blocks from the SDX and has taxi service every two minutes. Renaissance Las Vegas has no resort fee, low room rate, pristine common areas and clean, beautifully decorated guest rooms. The hotel staff was courteous and accommodating. I've stayed at many resorts located on the strip but I prefer to stay at Renaissance Las Vegas.

Room Tip: Ask for a view.
Green Features: Renaissance Las Vegas works to reduce waste and consumption.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us regarding your recent stay. We are pleased to know that you prefer the Renaissance when in Las Vegas and we hope for the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Warm regards,

Maple Valley, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

I was in town for a conference and prefer to stay at Marriott properties when i can. This one looked like a good balance of great style, quiet atmosphere, off strip, but still close to things. I was able to walk the ~1 mile (by choice) over to the Sands Convention Center easily and the monorail station is right out the front door too if you are so inclined. Taxis were easy to get as well.

I did not give the hotel a 5 stars as there was a super annoying whistle sound of air rushing under the door to the room all of the time! Also, they charge for Internet access. Sorry, in this day and age when I travel for business I expect this for free.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere and convenient location of our property.

We would, however, like to hear more about what you encountered regarding the noise in the guest room. I would like to invite you to contact me at your convenience, in my office at (702) 784-5761. You can also email me at Tim.Herman@interstatehotels.com should email be your preference.

Thank you again and I hope to speak with you soon.

Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

The main reason for choosing this hotel for me was that I was not coming to Vegas for Vegas. I wanted to do some sight seeing in the desert southwest, not gamble, so this Hotel is a PERFECT choice for that. No slot machines and no Las Vegas trappings. Just good "normal" life style. Check-in was easy and efficient, just as with any Marriott property. The bell-man and valet were friendly and helpful. We stayed on the club floor. I am not a big fan of the required key swipe to get to the club floor, but I guess it is becoming a necessary evil. Free self-parking was available, but not as convenient.
The location is really perfect. So many people don't realize how convenient Las Vegas is to many great desert sights. We visited Zion, Bryce Canyon, and Death Valley national parks, and Hoover Dam, Lake Havasu, and the Mojave desert all in day trips. All were spectacular! This hotel provided the perfect respite from our day trips. Our room was clean and comfortable. It had a refrigerator and coffee pot with tea and coffee. The view of the golf course was pleasant.
The biggest down-side was the shower and towels. The shower head was not well maintained, so it sprayed awkwardly. With adjustment it was tolerable, but a simple cleaning in vinegar would make it like new. The towels were very rough and course - like sandpaper. I would stay here again though. The value and the peace and quiet definitely exceeded my expectations.

Room Tip: West facing rooms a preferred for the view.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank vzqk50
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post about your Renaissance experience. We love reviews like yours because they call attention to the areas we put a lot of thought into, such as helping our guests discover the Las Vegas valley and providing exceptional service. I am thrilled to learn that the property overall exceeded your expectations and we will look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Las Vegas.