“ConExpo hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Rochester, Minnesota
“ConExpo hotel”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

The Renaissance Las Vegas is a great hotel to stay for those not wanting to walk thru a casino to find the registration desk. The hotel is very clean, has a self parking garage just steps away and is next door to the convention center. I've stayed at the hotel several times in the last ten years. The Envy restaurant on the street level is very good. The Elite club lounge on the 15th floor serves a nice breakfast with the very tasty scrambled eggs. The lounge hostess include Regina, who recognized me by name when I walked in the door, and Alyssa, in the morning.
Whitney is an evening hostess along with other staff.

Room Tip: top floors are quieter
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Robert N
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your Renaissance experience. We are delighted to learn that the ambiance and service we seek to portray in our resort has been successfully translated to you during your visit. Your positive comments have been shared with the Envy Steakhouse team as well as with Regina, Alyssa and Whitney; I can assure you that they are all smiles!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future so that you may discover all that we have to offer.

Tim Herman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kaneohe, Hawaii
Reviewed 9 March 2014

First off, Allen at the front desk accommodated us with early occupancy - We'd just come in off a red-eye, check in was supposed to be 3:00, but he had us in a beautiful room by 7:30 am! He somehow got us access to the executive clubroom at the top floor where we enjoyed breakfasts, cocktail hour & desserts throughout our stay. We met Andre up there, whom we felt took a genuine interest in us, and greeted us by name whenever we saw him on the grounds. Regina was great too - Ready with a cheerful compliment for everyone who came in.

Whoever is in charge of hiring at the renaissance is doing a wonderful job. From bellmen, to everyone else we came in contact with, we got warm smiles and the feeling they were glad to interact with us, ready to do anything they could to make our experience the best possible.

We'll be back next year :)

Aloha, Heidi & Eric Levora

Green Features: There are tasteful reminders that reusing towels saves energy. We gladly did that.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
We appreciate your recent stay and for sharing your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor! I can’t agree more with your comments; I have the pleasure of working with some of the finest men and women in the hospitality industry. We truly work hard to provide only the best in services and accommodations and we are thrilled that our efforts have paid off. Receiving comments such as yours and sharing them with our team is the greatest reward of all.

We are excited to welcome the both you back next year!

Manhattan Beach, California
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I recently stayed here with my family on a business trip. This hotel is a few blocks from the strip and adjacent to the Las Vegas convention center. They have the monorail stop right next door which is fantastic for getting to the strip and avoiding taxis and traffic.

I enjoy the Renaissance brand as they really incorporate some local culture into the standard chain hotel experience and I have always had a good experience at their locations worldwide. This property definitely did not disappoint and everything went exceptionally well.

Pros
- NO SMOKING and NO CASINO! (this alone is the top selling feature in my opinion)
- Excellent service throughout. All staff were very friendly and professional
- Easy transportation to the strip (via the monorail)
- nice sized rooms

Cons
- The pool is rather small and due to the layout does not get much sunlight
- Our bed was a bit uncomfortable with my wife complaining about being able to feel the springs
- Not the best area after dark but no problem with a taxi or monorail to get around

I am a gold elite which was recognized and gave us nice perks such as free valet and access to the lounge. In addition, I was really grateful to Yousef at the front desk who upon noticing I was travelling with my baby son gave us a complimentary suite upgrade so he could run around.

The suite was one of the largest i have seen and was a wonderful highlight for my family as my son could watch the monorail come in and out of the station and see all of the busses and fire trucks down below on the road.

I did not get a chance to use the gym or the restaurant but have heard they are all good. We snacked at the lounge and the staff there also exhibited the same hospitality and friendliness. They have a small breakfast with some hot dishes and complimentary starbucks. Afternoon has a light hors d'oeuvre setup and the evening had some desserts. Soft drinks are complimentary but beers and wine came at a charge.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to be right in the middle of Las Vegas but not in the casino madhouse with all of the cigarette smoke. For business travelers it is indeed quite an oasis and I will certainly be returning here on future visits.

Room Tip: The suites are in the middle of the hotel wings and face the mountains and hotels like the Wynn, Enc...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Alex M
We sincerely appreciate your positive review and recommendations to future travelers. It is wonderful to know that what we offer suited not only your business travel needs but your family needs as well.

On another note, please accept our sincere apologies for your disappointment with the pool area and quality of the mattress in the guest room. This is not indicative of our mutual standards and it is only through feedback such as yours, that we can address shortfalls and make necessary improvements.

Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to your return during your next Las Vegas visit.

Warm regards,

San Diego, California
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed for one night, with friends. To be clear, this hotel is not on the strip, and you should expect to take a taxi to the strip- which are always readily available.
The decor was very elaborate and the lighting scheme definitely reminiscent of the area (multicolored, bright, flashy). Front desk was efficient on check in, and because of an issue they had, upgraded me to the VIP Suite. Before that, I had a chance to stop by a normal room. A bit small, but the bathroom was large and the amenities felt very modern: nice large flat TV, comfortable bed, spa style shower.
I have to say, though, the VIP Suite was amazing. Large entertainment area, two bathrooms, one of which had a shower that could comfortably fit about 8 people. Beds were very comfortable, and the view was magnificent. High enough and far enough away to just about capture the entirety of the strip across the multiple panoramic windows.
Even the regular rooms, combined with the location and wonderful service at the front desk and the bar, would be well worth the $100 rate I paid.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank sudobuntu
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Interesting to read the other 1-star reviews. I'm a Marriott Gold, and average 50-70 stays a year at Marriott properties. If I had the same experience at other Marriott's as I did here, I would switch chains.

First, we stayed in the hotel over the weekend of the Super Bowl, they were advertising a party (many places in Vegas do). When we called to make a reservation for the party, i was transferred to food service and made what I thought was a reservation. When we returned to the property I tried to confirm the reservation and no-one seemed to know "who" owned the process. I made a reservation again with the front desk (it gets better). When we showed up for the party on Sunday, they had no table reserved. The party itself was wayyyyyy overstated for the price. I still have the card that advertised the food. They served portions of sliced up sausage and had what looked like a rented nacho cheese machine with cafeteria chips. ANYWAY… what was worse was we had a late check-out at the hotel. When we went back upstairs to the room a little after lunch, we found the room had been ransacked by housekeeping. No-one claimed responsibility for anything, several items were stolen, and they claimed (I've never heard this one before) that the rest of the items were "thrown away". We hadn't even checked out yet, were still DOWNSTAIRS in the hotel property, and housekeeping "threw away" our property, which was in our locked room. I guess what goes on in Vegas really does stay in Vegas, even stuff you don't plan on leaving. Management seemed befuddled by the whole experience, and promised we'd get comp'd for the stolen items, as well as the party. I'd rather not have had the experience, but that sounded decent. Unfortunately, everything was forgotten once we left, charges appeared for the "comp'd" party, and nothing was ever reimbursed. I would never stay at this property again and warn others to stay away. I'm in the process of filing a police report with LVPD and plan on going to small claims court to retrieve the value of the items stolen. I think this property is a franchise of the Marriott, if I'm not mistaken, and you will NOT get the service or treatment you're accustomed to from the brand.

Room Tip: Stay in another hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank EricO1234
Houston
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Stayed here for three nights for a girl's trip. The hotel was beautiful. Rooms were modern and well appointed. Customer service was excellent. The breakfast staff at the Envy was the best! Thanks to Adela, Peter, Josslyn and chef Christophe. They went above and beyond and felt like family by the end of the trip. Little touches like free bottled water, free mandarin oranges at the front desk and complimentary wine on Friday night made for a really nice stay. Loved coming home to the renaissance after dealing with the smoke and craziness of the strip. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Rm 724 has a beautiful view of the Wynn golf course, the mountains and the encore.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. It’s truly rewarding to learn that we continue to meet our goals in exceeding your expectations. Your compliments of so many of our team members and amenities are greatly appreciated.

We look forward to providing you with an even greater experience upon your next visit to Las Vegas!

Pleasanton, California
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Unless you are going to the convention center the location is average. Rooms seem old but updated, small by Las Vegas standards. Hotel was surprisingly quiet. Service was very good and parking garage is very convenient. I would go back but all in all not too bad. Disappointed Marriott considers this a category 5.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BG-CA
Thank you for posting about your recent stay at the Renaissance Las Vegas. We take great pride in being a non smoking and non gaming property. Your feedback allows us an opportunity to make improvements for the future and I think you will be pleasantly surprised to know that we have recently renovated our guest rooms.

Again, we appreciate your comments and hope you will consider giving us a chance to make this right during your next Las Vegas visit.