“Great hotel, so close to convention center”

Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel
Ranked #71 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed for 5 days during Library convention. Room was very good, in lobby they had free drink tastings in evenings, staff was so friendly, funny and helpful. Hotel is adjacent to LV Convention Center, which was super convenient. Valet parking staff were great, and you can drive easily to many Strip properties or locals casinos. With monorail and the Deuce bus, you could get by without a car, but if you plan to make multiple stops every day, taxis would get pricey, and public transport would eat into your time. I think a rental car is the way to go.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John S

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Sometimes you have to be in LV on business. You don't relish the thought of getting all nice and clean only to have to walk through the smokey casino to get to the front door. The Renaissance is right behind the Wynn and is a non casino, non smoking hotel. Bravo! Surprisingly, the food is excellent as well.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed at the Riviera (which was awful) and came to the Renaissance to visit my colleague who was here. Her room was clean and modern and the shaded pool area was wonderful. Also, it's easy walking distance to the convention center. We had dinner at this hotel's restaurant, Envy, one night, which I can honestly say was one of the best meals I've ever had. Plus, since it's a no smoking facility, no cigarette smoke smell was wafting in like at the casino restaurants. Stay here! I certainly will next time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I just stay at this hotel and Carla at the front desk welcome me very friendly she was very helpful in all request I have.
Then I meet Saul front office supervisor and he was very helpful and professional.
They make my stay excellent.
Thank you.

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Hotel is located next to the Las Vegas convention center, with easy access to the monorail. Hotel is not on the strip but with the monorail you can be at the strip within minutes, without a need or a rental car or taxi.
The front desk employees are among some the best, they are always going out of their way to help and make sure you have everything. I was offered a bottle water every time I left the hotel, which was great it gets hot in Las Vegas!
Rooms where nice, and updated, hotel is overall quiet and you don’t have to worry about the noise and smoke from the hotels on the strip.
I’ve stayed at this hotel before and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: monorail is a block way
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jackie P, Director of Guest Services at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

We love to read great comments about our team! Thank you for your great feedback about the Front Desk staff. Our goal is always to exceed your expectations, and we know how hot it can get in Vegas! We agree that our location next to the monorail is ideal to quickly get to the strip. It is the ultimate compliment for you to say that you would return, and we can’t wait to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed at the Renaissance May 3-5 during the wknd of the Floyd Mayweather fight. Our room was nice and clean which is super important to me when traveling. I loved the decor throughout the hotel. Everything was really modern. We requested a refrigerator prior to the reservation, but we got more like a cool box. It didn't really keep our beverages cold at all and was told they didn't have another fridge option to offer us. So we just kept refilling our ice bucket.

Some of the not so great highlights include the aloof front desk staff. When we arrived, we asked whether or not there were any tickets available to watch the fight via closed circuit at a nearby MGM property. He claimed that there were indeed tickets still available at Ticketmaster. We immediately went to our rooms to get the tickets from Ticketmaster only to find out that it had been sold out for hours and the only way to obtain tickets was to contact MGM directly. Luckily that ended up working out in our favor, but it just goes to show the front desk guy had no idea what he was talking about. Secondly, we asked someone at the front desk for the address to the closed wine and spirits store on the strip. The gentleman went on and on about this great place that offered a ton of variety in adult beverages. He prints out the location and address for us and we provide that to our cab drive. This proved to be a terrible idea because the address took us to a location off the strip which ended up being a vacant industrial office park. The taxi driver ended up taking us back down to the strip where we requested to have him take us to the closest wine and spirit store. This place ended up being just a few short miles from the hotel. It sucked because this whole ordeal ended up adding up to a $40 cab ride. I was so annoyed.

Finally, the Renaissance offered a breakfast buffet for their patrons. Day 1 we over slept and ordered breakfast/brunch from the menu. It was good. Day 2 I woke up early enough to try the buffet. To my disappointment, everything that was supposed to be hot (french toast, eggs, potatoes, bacon) ended up being cold as if it was sitting out for hours with no heat underneath it. My server was kind enough to offer to have my food cooked in the back of the kitchen to ensure it would be hot to my liking. I really appreciated the offer and the food he brought out was fresh and tasty.

We spent our final two days lounging at the pool which was really nice and the pool furniture was really cute and trendy which made for great pictures for my friends and I. Despite a few nuances, my stay at the Renaissance was fairly decent. I do however expect amazing customer service from the Renaissance (the one in Washington D.C. reigns supreme), so that was someone disappointing to me. I wouldn't deter someone from staying at this property, but I would not consider staying there if I went back to Vegas.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
MCicutto, Director of Operations at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you so very much for taking the time to complete the survey regarding your stay. I was pleased that you selected our Hotel for your trip to the Las Vegas valley.

Please accept my sincere apology for the problem you encountered. I hope that this was an isolated incident and when these issue were brought to the attention of the desk, that we were quick to correct the problems to your satisfaction, or offered to move to another room.

It is by receiving comments such as yours that I am assisted in identifying products, services and individuals that require my immediate attention. Your comments are very important to us and we truly appreciate you taking the time to write to us.

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We went on a couples trip and stayed at the Renaissance and it was great. I love being off the strip because it is much more quieter. The rooms were nice and so was the pool and lobby area. It is a hotel for the laid back traveler. I would definitely advise people to stay here. They have great prices per night. The pool is not crowded, and has great outside furniture.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tiffany G
Jackie P, Director of Guest Services at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Thank you for your review! We were so excited to read that you had a peaceful and enjoyable couples vacation at the Renaissance Las Vegas! We are happy to know that you enjoyed our pool, and we can’t wait to have you return after the pool renovation this week. Thank you for taking the time to let other travelers know about our hotel!