“Lovely remodeled hotel needs a bit more improvement”

Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel
Ranked #68 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We arrived with the 110 heat to find the pool closed. You could use a facility nearby but that lessens the convenience. They did however, have clementines to eat while waiting to check in and cucumber lemon infused water. We got a room with two double beds as our daughter was with us. The decor is old Vegas chic but the beds in a box are atrocious. There is a gap between the headboard hanging on the wall and you can't scoot the bed closer to the wall as the box the mattress is in prevents this. So all night you have to pull up your pillow out of the gap it's slipped down into. And the walls were so thin! You could here people talking outside our door in the hallway, and through the vent on the wall we could hear people talking and could hear their tv like it was in our own room.

We ate breakfast at the Envy restaurant every morning and they have a great continental breakfast for $17. My daughter got Starbucks hot chocolate and pastry at their Ego cafe and said it tasted great. They have a nice grill for lunch but since we had a car we went to Bahamas Breeze and Gordon Biersch just down the road, but it was nice that the Renaissance has great food options that won't break the bank right in the hotel lobby area. The staff is friendly, and the waiting areas so inviting, but the rooms and bathrooms need a few touches to make them comfortable. I liked that they are Eco friendly and invite you to reuse you towels, but they need more hooks to hang your towels to dry. There wasn't even a hook for the hand towels . They had a freestanding magnifying makeup mirror that was nice but poor lighting to see well yo apply makeup. And while I am tall I could barely reach to bend over the sink to see the magnifying mirror to put on makeup. The shower has a nice touch with a small ledge to put your foot on to shave and was greatly appreciated.

We would stay here again as it had a homey feel, great valet, friendly staff but it needs a few improvements.

Room Tip: We were on the 11th floor not facing the strip but the mountains. It had a nice enough view and you...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kmguam
Jackie P, Director of Guest Services at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback! I am glad that your family had the opportunity to stay at the Renaissance Las Vegas and enjoy some of our amenities. Most importantly, we were happy to read that your interactions with our staff were positive and that you enjoyed the food! Please accept our apology regarding the pool closure – we hope to welcome you back to enjoy the updated pool, new furniture, and fire pits! I will share your feedback with our Housekeep team, as we do strive to be as eco-friendly as possible. Thank you for your comments, and we hope to see you and your family soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed in Las Vegas 2 nights after camping in Yosemite. This hotel is very quiet off the strip. No casino so no clang, clang, clang noise or smoke filled rooms. Big rooms and very comfortable. Hot showers. Easy in/out to the hotels parking and they do have valet. The monorail is next door, but because it as 105 degrees outside we chose to drive to the casinos/hotels on the strip and just park in their free parking. We did eat a late snack at the bar in the hotel and it was very good. Grabbed yummy scones for breakfast. (No breakfast included). We cooled off in the outdoor pool in the evening. Lots of quiet comfortable corners in the lobby to hang out if needed and they had Truffles, basil cucumber lemon water and a wine in the evening in the lobby. Also they gave us bottled water as we headed to sight see on the strip. All the staff was friendly and extremely helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Susan F
Jackie P, Director of Guest Services at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you! What a glowing review about the amenities our hotel has to offer! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your room, the bar, the pool, and our lobby welcome amenity. We know how hot it can be out there – so a little lemon water can do the trick! We are glad we had the opportunity to be a part of your travels and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife and I just spent three lovely nights at the Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel.
It was the BEST stay of our 25 years going to Vegas....what a hotel. Staff great, room excellent with best view, and the restaurant was unbelievably good. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel

Room Tip: The club room was excellent
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Best hotel in Las Vegas! We couldn’t ask for a better title! We love to receive great reviews, such as yours, from frequent Vegas travelers because you have a great comparison. I am glad that you and your wife were able to enjoy Envy Steakhouse! We hope you join us again on your next trip to Vegas.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel as it is perfectly located right next to the convention centre - a 5 minute walk away.
However, it is also a lovely hotel. The staff were excellent, the service was great, the rooms were extremely pleasant and well appointed. The pool is a bit small, but still relaxing.

And I can't speak highly enough of the restaurant at this hotel - Envy Steakhouse is fantastic! The food and service are amazing.

Although the Renaissance is located off the strip - it's only a 15-20 minute drive to the strip via taxi, or, for $5 you can also take the Vegas Monorail - which has a stop right at the convention centre next to the hotel.

However, the redeeming quality of this little hotel is the fact that is isn't a casino - meaning, that is is quieter, less busy and generally a nicer place to relax than the busy casinos on the strip. It's also a smoke-free hotel, which was great.

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay at the Renaissance - and would recommend it for business trips to Vegas.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the mountains.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Wonderful! We are so thrilled that you enjoyed our non-smoking, non-gaming atmosphere and that you had an opportunity to relax at our pool and dine at Envy Steakhouse! The best compliment we can receive is that our staff and service is excellent! Thank you for your great review and for choosing the Renaissance Las Vegas.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

after a day stay I really started to wonder why the reviews are so good for the hotel which is not worthy at all for the price you pay. Its too far away from the strip (not the distance wise but the travel wise). room looked tiny but clean .AC doesnt work properly and fan ended up not working at all. Staff is rude

Room Tip: Do not go to this hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jenny s
Jackie P, Director of Guest Services at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback! Hopefully next time you stay with us you will be able to utilize the monorail, which is a quick and easy trip to the Strip and less expensive than a taxi. Please contact me at Jackie.pisaturo@renaissancelasvegas.com so we can discuss your interactions with our team. Our goal is to always exceed your expectations and provide you with an excellent level of service, so I would love to hear more of your feedback. Thank you!

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I can't believe how thin the walls are. I am listening to the entire phone conversation of my neighbor right now; note to self, watch what I say to the wife. I would love to go to sleep once he stops talking. The carpet in the hallway is dingy and gross. Bedspread has vague shadows of stains the laundry couldn't get out, gross. The air conditioning only gets the room tepid; setting the fan to On-High doesn't do much more than Auto. Prices for food and booze at the lobby bar are ridiculous. This is not the hotel for a business traveler who wants to sleep.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank aeroShelby

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We want to provide you with a relaxing experience here at our hotel, and I do sincerely apologize if you felt that was not the case. Please feel free to contact me at Jackie.pisaturo@renaissancelasvegas.com so I can find out what room number you were in and resolve this as quickly as possible. We hope to welcome you back and show you the true Renaissance experience.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Hotel was selected because we are Platinum Elite members and close to Convention Center. The initial greeting of car valets and bellman is impressive. Then I went to check in and if it were me all the Front Desk staff would be sent to the Marriott corporate headquarters for extensive retraining. After flying six hours and negotiating two airports and a car rental counter on a bad knee, I was ready for a rest. Twice I was shuffled aside so a young guest in a suit could be accommodated. Never once acknowledged as a Platinum member, nor when I inquired about an accessible shower was the computer even checked. It took a valet to direct me to the elevator. Next day before leaving for the convention, there were three men in suits with id tags in the lobby talking on cell phones. All walked away without acknowledging me. Believe me at 6'1" and 300 pounds you can not miss me. However the grill and bar First class, the day and evening staff in the club lounge along with the offerings began or ended the day nicely. The room was okay, however the AC only allowed so much adjustment. The bed was decent for sure. Again the Front Desk staff I encountered is better suited for a Casino hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank lastmango57
Jackie P, Director of Guest Services at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding the hotel. As a Platinum Elite guest, we appreciate you choosing to stay with us, and we are glad that you had a positive experience with our valet and bellman. Please accept my apology regarding the service at the Front Desk. Please feel free to contact me at Jackie.pisaturo@renaissancelasvegas.com to further discuss. We appreciate your Marriott loyalty, and we hope to welcome you back soon and provide you with a memorable experience!