“Fine recommended stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Florida
“Fine recommended stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2009

Very nice place, off the strip and directly next to the convention center. While we were there the convention center was not featuring anything so it was fairly quiet. Service, cleanliness, etc all were fine. A recommended stay. Would go back when I return to Las Vegas,

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2009

I booked the hotel for the Long weekend as i could not get on strip. But after seeing the location i think that it is not a bad choice. This hotel has a great pool and Starbucks in the lobby is great for morning coffee.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2009

I have stayed at this hotel several times, but my most recent trip exceeded my expectations. Here's a quick rundown:

Room: Rooms are still nice (I stayed here when the rooms were brand new). They have a "retro" look to them, so it is a bit snazzier than your average Marriott hotel. You'll get at least one flat-panel TV in your room. Beds are very comfortable, and there are lots of towels. This hotel does space-available upgrades for Elite members, which is a nice change compared to some other Marriott properties. The room I had included a walk-in shower and separate tub, with a spacious bathroom. They have Aveda products in the bathroom, so you don't have to smell like the standard Marriott Bath and Body Works shampoo/soap.

Pool: Small pool that doesn't always have a lot of sun, so if you are expecting a deep tan, you might need to find a pool elsewhere. I enjoyed the pool, though.

Food: Envy restaurant is outstanding. We had breakfast there this year, and it was outstanding. I ate there for dinner last year, and the steak was one of the best I have ever had.

Location: You can take a tram to the strip (for a fee), or you can grab a Taxi. They also have free valet parking, so I always rent a car and park it there. I like staying off-strip, but if you want to be closer to the action, you may want to stay on the strip.

Other notes: This is a non-smoking hotel (except in the pool area), which is really nice. If you want to smoke, you may want to stay elsewhere. This hotel offers a concierge lounge during the week, which is nice. It is open 24/7 for bottled water, which is also nice.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel to a friend. The staff were very nice! I only gave it 4 stars because the JW Marriott Las Vegas is a 5-star establishment. But this hotel is 4.5 stars.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
Encinitas, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2009

Our stay was brief but very pleasant. We wanted to stay in Vegas for an extra night, but it was Saturday and our strip hotel was off the chart expensive that night. We got a very good price for this hotel on Priceline.

From the outside this hotel isn't all that impressive, but inside it is a different story. All of the interior spaces we visited were very modern, sleek and elegant. Our room was also very attractive, well designed and sparkling clean. The amenities were very good: in-room fridge, nice goodies in the bathroom/shower (Avena), real glassware, a bathrobe, extra pillows and blanket in the room, iron and ironing board, hair dryer. In-room internet access $12.95 which I think about standard for the better Vegas hotels (but I still resent paying that much for Internet). The TV is 32" flat panel HDTV, but as far as I could see there was no high definition programming. The king bed was superb.. pillow top mattress (I think) with plenty of plump pillows. The room was totally quiet. We slept very well!

The location is near the Convention Center and too far to walk to the strip. I would imagine this would be a fine location if you are in town for a convention. If you are mainly in Vegas for fun on the strip, this is a nice place to stay but you will need to have a car, otherwise check with the hotel to see if they have a shuttle service. There's not much of interest in the few blocks around the hotel.

Our room had no view to speak of (just of the parking garage). The pool area is located in the center courtyard of the hotel and it very attractive, but it is in shade most of the time. That is probably a good thing in Las Vegas during the summer, but you won't be able to lay out in the sun if that is what you'd like.

The staff at the hotel is first class. Really, I don't ever recall being treated as well at any other hotel at check-in. The person working in the coffee bar/gift shop went out of her way to help me with something I needed. I can't say enough about the good service by the staff at this hotel.

This is a 4.5 star hotel in a 3 star location at a 2.5 star price (at least if you book via Priceline). This hotel is a very good deal and we will most like stay here again.

Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Randy1956
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2009

We arrived late and went straight to bed. The woman at the valet parking was very helpful because she helped me to self-park our mini-van with the rooftop carrier - it would not have fit in the parking structure. I appreciated her help. Our two kids enjoyed the outdoor pool and hot tub the next morning. We were on a budget so did not eat or use the expensive internet access during our short visit. It is located away from the Strip, next to the convention center, which was fine with us with our children. We were just driving through for the night on our way back to California.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2009

We had a bad experience in this hotel, restroom and lamps were broken at our arrival, we were obliged to go 3 times (in 2 days) at the welcome desk for claiming... The location is good and rooms are clean. Services are too expensive, particulary Wifi and breakfast, (in 2009, wifi should be free...)

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2009

When you want to get away from the loud noises and bright lights of Vegas, this hotel is an elegant escape from the madness.

The hotel restaurant, Envy, serves a delicious menu at a reasonable price. Room service is an excellen after-hours choice for a meal and a dish of pasta can easily serve 2 people. The servers are also very friendly and welcoming.

The gym has a small but great self-serve fruit and juice bar.

The hotel is off the strip but there is a complimentary shuttle bus that will take you from the Convention Center (across the street) to the Wynn hotel until 8:00pm. There is also a convenient kiosk to check-in with the airline for your flight home.

The only negative I experienced with the hotel was the slow service from the front desk staff when I requested extra towels be sent up to the room.

Note: If you're a Marriott Silver Elite member, you receive a free cocktail at the bar.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with family