“Worst meal in Vegas”
Review of Craftsteak

Craftsteak
Reserve with OpenTable
Craftsteak is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #105 of 4,823 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Toronto
“Worst meal in Vegas”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We were looking forward to dining at Tom Colicchio's Craft Steakhouse being big Top chef fans, but ended up being truly dissapointed. We started off with a lobster bisque, which was decent, it set the tone for the rest of the meal. I ordered the braised beef which lacked any flavor at all, and my husband ordered a ribeye that could be compared to something served any average franchise steakhouse in Toronto. The sides (which were also extra) were nothing to write home about. Unfortunately, this was our worst (and one of the priciest) dining experience of our cullinary adventure in Vegas.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank brownie06

West Linton, United Kingdom
“Great steak, but over seasoned fries and veg.”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Craftsteak hits it right with the atmosphere, being a proper grown-up bar/restaurant, among the many tacky Vegas joints. Service is good, but you might need to wait for a table, or book. Alternatively, you can sit at the bar and eat. The bar staff set a sociable tone, which is picked up by other guests, so it's all very friendly.

There is a good selection of beer, local and imported.

The steak was perfect, but as a Brit in the US, I'd expect nothing less. I went for the flatiron which was perfectly cooked, flavoursome and moist. My colleague enjoyed pork rack. The fries were heavily salted, as was the asparagus side, making it necessary to drink lots of that beer. Maybe this suits the local taste, but it was a surprise coming from UK where the current trend is to cut salt levels and rely more on the natural flavour of the produce.

Worth a repeat visit, and I would certainly seek our Collichio's restaurants if I visit other US cities.

• Visited May 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Birthday dinner!!!”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I traveled to Vegas to see Motley Crue but was on my own...I choose to eat at Craftsteak as a birthday dinner to myself. The staff quickly made me feel like I was dinning with about 3 different friends and even sent over an amazing dessert on the house. The food was devilishly tasty and I would go back in a heartbeat. It is definitely worth a dinner if you get a chance.

Visited October 2013
Ottawa
“Great service, good (not great) food”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Let me start by saying that the service at Craftsteak is impeccable! The servers are attentive, professional and the sommelier was also great (amazing wine list!). The ambience is pretty nice too! The steaks are good (however, I wouldn't say it's the best steak I've ever had). There were 9 of us and were satisfied with our steaks, but the general consensus was "we've had better." Was expecting a more richer/bolder reduction/au jus with the steaks, more flavourful steak. The sides were not bad, but a bit on the bland side. We ordered a variety of sides and shared because the portions are massive. They weren't bad, but for a celebrity- restaurant which specializes in steaks, I really expected better (especially for the price!). We ordered custom birthday cakes through their pastry chef, and the dessert did not disappoint! absolutely fabulous!

• Visited April 2014
Pico Rivera, California
“Best Steak in Vegas”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Excellent Food and Service! Great Meal! I had the scallops with roasted heirloom cauliflowers. He had the Steak with the mashed potatoes.

Visited April 2014