“Roasted steaks are pretty great.”
Review of Craftsteak

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining

FOOD
From a recommendation of a friend I went with the NY Strip Bone-in, Dry Aged Roasted Steak. My friend was right. The steak was perfectly cooked, juicy, and flavorful. It had already slid of the bone by the time it reached me. I really wanted to try the wagyu, but I didn't want to have to sell a kidney.

I also ordered the Fries, which might sound average, but these are soaked in sherry vinegar before frying, and topped with smoked paprika. They're delicious.

DRINKS
A very good selection of various alcoholic beverages, but my attention went to the Whiskey. They have several smokey whiskeys and scotches and was able to try one that wasn't even on the menu yet, the Audbeg. Smooth, smokey and I wanted more.

PRICE
Not cheap. Probably the opposite of cheap, but it's Tom Colicchio, so you'd be ignorant to think otherwise.

There are newer reviews for Craftsteak

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Ate here with a group of seven for a birthday dinner. We ended up all deciding to go with the Chef's beef selection, which brought us a huge selection of appetizers, steaks and desserts to share. Too much, actually- we ended up not being able to finish all of our steaks.

Service was excellent- knowledgeable and attentive. The food was excellent, and a couple of dishes were truly memorable.

Cons? Well, of course it would be great if it were cheaper- $175 a person after tax and tip is pretty steep for most people. I also wouldn't have minded if they had a wider craft brew beer selection. Our location in the restaurant was also a little less than ideal- we were in a side room that felt a little bit like a banquet room at a hotel instead of a fairly pricey restaurant.

With that said, we had a great meal and would recommend the restaurant to others.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

First off, let me say that we come to Las Vegas every year, and every time we come, we visit Craftsteak. It is always excellent, and it is MY FAVORITE RESTAURANT in the entire world. My husband and I always split the 10oz hangar steak, and the potato puree. My husband doesn't even like steak (stupid I know) but HE LOVES the steak at Craftsteak, it is always tender and cooked to perfection. We split the meal, not because we are cheap, but because there is so much food, and we don't have a frige in our hotel. If you love steak, you have to come here! Can't wait to come back next year!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

A few adjustments and I would rate this restaurant in the excellent category. The ambiance is nice, but not in the "memorable" range. minimalist, modern, dark browns are the theme....a few cow related motifs don't really make it special, and I don't need that reminder of what i am eating.

The steaks were fantastic and the combination dinner which includes meats and sides was the way to go.....more economical, and definitely filling. The veggies and desserts were to die for.

Service was a+.....warm, unassuming, funny, and prompt.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We were looking forward to dining at Tom Colicchio's Craft Steakhouse being big Top chef fans, but ended up being truly dissapointed. We started off with a lobster bisque, which was decent, it set the tone for the rest of the meal. I ordered the braised beef which lacked any flavor at all, and my husband ordered a ribeye that could be compared to something served any average franchise steakhouse in Toronto. The sides (which were also extra) were nothing to write home about. Unfortunately, this was our worst (and one of the priciest) dining experience of our cullinary adventure in Vegas.

1  Thank brownie06