4,004 results
All reviewsmandalay bayhalf bathpowder roomhouse of bluesliving roomwave poolmain bathroomwet barsuite hotelmaster bathking suitelazy riversouth end of the stripfloor to ceiling windowsfour seasonsfree trammini bar
Reviewed 15 October 2017

This was our first stay at this hotel. We checked in on Oct 5 for a class reunion. From the moment we arrived at the valet, we were greeted with a warm, caring welcome that persisted throughout the hotel. The valet personnel enjoyed a "fur fix" from my service dog since It had been a very bad week in Vegas. Housekeeping was preparing several rooms on our floor as we passed by to our room and I don't think I have ever been greeted by housekeeping staff if they weren't in my room. But every one of these ladies greeted us and welcomed us to the Delano....every day of our stay. The bellman (Garrick) was extremely helpful to my wife putting luggage where she wanted instead of just dumping them at the entrance of the room. He also pointed out various amenities of the room and helped her get comfortable. We actually got an upgraded room so the bedroom was separate from the TV room. We were on the 26th floor facing the strip behind the Mandalay Bay so our view was something we would rather forget. Only problem with the room was a picture above the sofa of an underwater view of a couple in an embrace...with no heads. That was kind of startling. Otherwise the appointments in the room were fabulous. And the nightly turn down service leaving jelly beans and small bottles of water was great. Helped with taking nightly medications. The layout of the hotel is far enough away from the casino portion that there is limited carryover of casino noise and activities so hotel is quiet and doesn't smell like it is attached to a casino. Actually a nice, inviting smell to the hotel. It is attached and close enough to the Mandalay Bay and Four Seasons that you can easily enjoy some of their restaurants and amenities. At the end of our stay, the bellman Jeff, went out of his way to bring our luggage out to valet and stay with my wife while I was finishing up checking out. Everywhere we went In the hotel, the staff genuinely seemed to care about each other and the guests. We definitely recommend a stay here and will return.

Room Tip: Book through American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts with your platinum card. Many additional perks.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank I4976XUrobertj
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

All around the Delano is a very pleasant hotel. The decor is modern and the rooms are utilitarian but well done, comfortable and with all the amenities. There is no gambling and the bar onsite is very pleasant and has live music, at least on weekends. Of course, if one desires gambling and a larger variety of dining and shopping options, the Mandalay Bay resort is down an adjacent hallway. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NikkoHenderson_NV
MGM_Resorts, Manager at Delano Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear NikkoHenderson_NV:

It is a delight to learn that Delano was a wonderful choice for your recent visit to the Strip. We are glad you made mention of our elegant facilities, convenient proximity to Mandalay Bay, and relaxing amenities. Thank you for your gracious review. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

7 days in Vegas in 4 different hotels here is review number 3. The Delano offers a great deal for the money spend. The entrance level room is so big - actually it comes along in 2 rooms with bathroom and 2 toilets. The rooms are simple and stylish with great comfort. The service was rather reserved to unfriendly and not something to get exited about. The boy who brought up the luggage answered on a 3 dollar tip offer - do i look like a Indian or Pakistani. No command to this. The lobby is a beautiful place with lounge areas and life music. The pool is rather a crowded and unpleasant place - would not come back a second time. For the value of money you get a great deal here and i can recommend to stay here.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank UdoLandow

Dear UdoLandow:

We appreciate you making Delano a part of your Las Vegas experience. Thank you for highlighting our beautiful and spacious accommodations. We also love your assessment of our impressive and inviting lobby area. It is regrettable, however, that you encountered some Bell Desk service shortfalls and that you found our pool area somewhat crowded. Your recommendation is wholly appreciated and we hope you will consider another visit, the next time you come to town.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel is lovely and the rooms are very nice. However, the check in service lady, Jessica made us feel like we were checking into the Circus Circus. She was unfriendly, cold, and uncommunicative. The worst start in any trip is to feel not welcomed. To be specific and to the point, she said insert your credit card (no greeting after asking for id), which we did and without communicating to us what the $150 charge is for we had to ask and then she told us about the deposit fee, etc. She made us feel like it was a dumb question. Then when I asked her about getting a room with a nice view, she said she was confused and had to redo the entire transaction. Again, lack of communication and lack of 4.5 star hotel customer service. Overall, I’ll leave my frustration with her here and enjoy the rest of my trip.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jeret G

Dear Jeret G:

While we are certainly pleased you enjoyed our accommodations and found our resort pleasant overall, we regret any service shortfalls committed by our front desk staff. Rest assured that the experiences you encountered at hotel registration do not reflect our best efforts and they will be addressed to prevent their reoccurrence. We are grateful for your business and hope for the chance to leave you with a more satisfying lasting impression, the next time you come to town.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

First off I will say that even though my vacation had been planned since May and some in our party did feel uncomfortable about still going due to the enormous tragedy that happen the Sunday prior to our check, I'm glad we did not cancel. After all, are any of us safe anywhere? No. A similar tragedy could happen right in my own city of Austin so what is the point of being afraid. The glass was still broken out the two windows when we arrived and the area across the street was still a crime scene so the street was blocked off and all the victims belongings were still scattered on the ground but by Friday morning it was all cleared and windows were fixed but a beautiful candlelight vigil was held on the street corner at night. The Delano and Mandalay Bay had more security around than when I was there previously it seemed and going up to your room everyone was checked over visually and asked to present room cards. Check-in was not a long wait and thanks to the lady at the front desk (Katrina, I remember because we have the same name) it was a smooth process. I want to thank Katrina for her patience because even though I was holding up the line, she was very patient with me and made sure we got a excellent strip view room on a high floor as requested. She even took care of adding the extra person to my room that decided to come along for 3 of the days we were there. We stayed in room 813 on floor 35 which was the second to last room at the end of the hall. Strip view rooms I assume are all the odd numbered rooms because the rooms opposite us that were even faced the mountains. From our room we could see the strip and the mountains. The room itself was clean and spacious. We brought our own liquor so did not need the mini-bar but we were told you could pick an item up and check it out for 30 seconds without being charged. We did have someone knock over one of the 5 dollar coffee cups for longer than the time allotted I guess that resulted in a charge but they took it off at checkout. The beds were comfortable and the pillows soft. TV has many channels and shows your room charges daily to keep track. We were able to bill many meals, drinks and services to the room so we did not have to worry about carrying purse or wallet everywhere. It worked at MGM, Mirage, NYNY and of course Mandalay Bay. We were able to book cabana at Mirage on a Thursday since did not feel comfortable at Mandalay Bay Beach (which opened on Tuesday) and had a great day at this MGM property as well. The waitstaff took care of our every need. Overall, this was my first time at the Delano and while I did spend more time in Mandalay Bay for meals, shows and casino, I was glad to be able to walk back to Delano at the end of the night just for the ambiance in the smoke free lobby bar. The fragrance they use in Delano is amazing. They had soft live music on Friday night which was nice. If I had one small complaint it would be that there was no housekeeping done all day Friday after I tipped her on our way out. She was cleaning the room next to ours so I did not think I needed to turn on the red housekeeping light. No biggie, they sent someone up at 3 am when we returned to bring towels and fresh linen to tide us over til the Saturday morning housekeeper came.

Stayed: October 2017