“$30 - Female Impersonators - Great old school Vegas show for girls (and boys?)”

An Evening at La Cage
Ranked #157 of 225 Concerts & Shows in Las Vegas
Reviewed 22 March 2012

This is a comedy / singing / dancing / female impersonator show at the Riviera. It was very entertaining and we were glad we went. The MC was very entertaining and the impersonators are impressive. They all do a great job.

The Riviera seems a bit "seedy" - but you leave feeling like you had a true "old school" Vegas night club experience.

Audience:

It was a hoot for a bunch of girls (two 50ish and four 22 year olds). We had a ball - but I'm not sure my husband would have enjoyed it....

Tickets:

Get your tickets at Tix4Tonight and don't pay more than $30. Use your La Cage tickets for a discount for tickets to Crazy Girls (very burlesque).

Location:

The Crazy Girls theater at the Riviera. The Riviera is looking old and sad. We were a little worried when we got there - but the theater is a small theater perfect for this venue.

2  Thank smonti

Reviewed 8 March 2012

Grwat show! Went to the 7 pm early show on Monday night. Not full and I was worried at first. It was awesome! The MC was very entertaining and the dancers performers were primo! Judy garland actually sang and sounded spectacular! Go!!!

Reviewed 17 February 2012

This one is no longer open, but the new Divas Las Vegas is almost the exact same show with a different name. We attended La Cage years ago and it was fabulous every time. Divas is just as good (most of the same performers are in this show) and very entertaining.

Reviewed 16 January 2012

An Evening at La Cage at the 4 queens. Could a drag show have found a more aptly named venue?

The show room is small and intimate. The show is great fun and the performers are good. They are not all as good as the big advertised show that is on the strip. But they they lack in impersonation it is certainly made up by having their hearts in their performances. Don't expect big booths, all the seating is that same chairs you find in any conference hall. Aluminum and straight backed. What it lacks in plushness it makes up on just how close you are to the performers.

Jimmy Emerson is the show's MC as well as Wynona and Tammy Spraynette. The humor that Jimmy brings to the show is good and entertaining. He doesn't pick on the audience or embarrass the men. His intentional flubs are well timed and really add to the show.

Lane Lassiter who does Michael Jackson has a close look to Michael. Where his magic shows through is in his dancing. What an artist. It was like watching Michael Jackson on stage.

Ryan Zink is an amazing Reba McEntire. The woman sitting next to me was a real country and western fan and I though she was going to jump on the stage when Reba came out. She seemed to love the impression of Reba that Mr. Zink did.

My favorite was Frankie Kein who was Marilyn and Liza. I happened to be sitting front row center and when she came down the catwalk to interact with the audience I had the opportunity to get a very close look at her makeup and eyes. Please, please tell me those blue eyes are not contacts. His make up was what real women hope to achieve and generally fail at. His Liza was spot on and his final Liza number had my jaw on the floor.

I didn't experience any of the rudeness of the staff that the previous reviewer talked about. As a matter of fact my seat was improved by the staff and I didn't even ask for it. The bartender was friendly and even thanked me for my tip (try and get that at Starbucks!).

True, a quick meet and greet at the door would have been nice to personally thank them for their efforts, but I don't think Celine does that either. So I don't blame them.

It was a good fun evening. I guess the mark of a good show is if you feel better leaving than you did entering it was a good show. I certainly felt better as I left.

2  Thank DorothyMacaw
Reviewed 13 January 2012

These performers obviously love what they do because the Thursday night crowd at our performance was tiny. Thank goodness for the enthusiastic couple next to us. You could see the whoops and hollers energize the performers.

That said, this show has awful flow an worse technical imperfections.

I'd rate this as akin to something you could probably find in Key West.

Props go out to the Cabaret number, the Dolly Parton montage, and the Katie Perry numbers.

All in all, good fun in a tiny theater with no bad sight lines. The perfect show to see on th Sapir of the moment if you are on Fremont Street.

3  Thank sfimporter