“You get what you pay for in life.”
Review of Wynn Las Vegas

Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #4 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 8 June 2011

We stayed at The Wynn for 3 nights in May 2011. Our room number was 5059 which was a smoking room overlooking the Strip. It was a basic resort room. The room was beautiful with a very comfortable bed and lovely accessories. Everything was clean and comfortable and we enjoyed the tech which controlled the drapes and lighting very much. There was no coffee maker which it really needs but we did have 'free' Wi-Fi - 'free' as it is included as part of the Resort fee that the hotels in Vegas seem to all be charging now. The air conditioning wasn't the best but we do like the room to be like a fridge so don't just the hotel by our standards. The pool was beautiful - the best in Vegas. If you were down by 10.00-10.30 you could easily get a bed - tip is to go up the far end away from the hotel as it's in the sun far longer than the other end which goes into shade at about 3.30pm. Pool service was great. What we loved was the fact that Red Card were running a promotion for new card members and we got free buffets every night which was terrific. We are not HUGE gamblers but gambled enough to get two nights and all our food and drinks that we had charged to the room for free so that was great. The Wynn feels exclusive - it wasn't like the Luxor with loads of people without t-shirts walking through - I'm a bit of a secret hotel snob so it suited me just fine! The gold course is beautiful and the restaurant there was delicious. You get what you pay for is my motto in life and I would definitely return to The Wynn again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (19,385)

Reviewed 8 June 2011

Stayed at Wynn Las Vegas in April for a combined business/pleasure trip and loved it. I was in a standard double room that was huge with amazing views of the mountains and golf course. The bathroom was luxurious and had excellent lighting (a rarity in hotel rooms and a necessity for applying makeup!).

The only negative thing I can say about the room is that, even on the 32nd floor, I could hear music late into the night from the pool area that my room overlooked. If you are a light sleeper, avoid rooms on the pool side of the hotel.

I spent several afternoons sitting outside at Parasol Down having drinks and enjoying the beautiful view. It's a great way to take a break from the neon lights and the sound of slot machines. The White Cosmopolitan martinis were to die for!!

The Pizza Place has the best New York style pizza I've ever eaten. It's a great place for a quick and inexpensive lunch. I only splurged on dinner one evening and picked the patio at Lakeside - timed perfectly to watch the Lake of Dreams show. The food was outstanding and the service was very good.

I highly recommend the Wynn for anyone who is not on a tight budget.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2011

After my 4-day stay at the Wynn Las Vegas Hotel and Casino late May, I wondered what I could say at all critical of the hotel. All I can say negative is that my mattress seemed a bit too firm at the Wynn.

Now, having said this, there is a reason why the Wynn and Encore are given a 5-Star rating. Hotel staff were uniformly pleasant, cheerful and efficient. You can't imagine more pleasant hotel amenities in the bathroom, in each bedroom, and in the huge casino or spa.

Conduct your business out of a spacious desk, with easy Internet access. Enjoy a swim session in the out-sized pool and cabanas. Work out in a large, well-maintained exercise room. Restaurants are numerous and varied. The quality of the cuisine is uniformly excellent.

Just steps outside the Wynn is the spacious Fashion Show mall, with its many stores and restaurants. You also have easy access to cabs and buses.

Do yourself a favor, pamper yourself at the Wynn or Encore. You'll be glad you did.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2011

The place is impeccable. The restaurants are beautiful but a bit pricey. Customer service is on point. The pools are a must and so are the clubs.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2011

We just returned from a two night stay at Wynn. We had a great room over looking the Strip on the 56th floor. The remodel made the rooms bright and comfortable. I always like a large bath area and a couch in the bedroom area. The service was top notch and I enjoy the casino best in Vegas. The reason I gave the hotel 4 instead of 5 stars was the food. We paid $80 to eat in the buffet; the food was luke warm at best and the service was quite poor. THe food in all the restaurants is quite high for what you get. There are several 5 star properties in Vegas. We stayed at the Four Seasons last September and Pallazo and Belagio in the past. The Four Seasons food was better and the pool great since you also have access to the pools at Manalay Bay. The downside to the 4 Seasons is the hotel room Wynn is nicer. Pallazo has everything a great room and better food. Belagio also has a smaller room, so Wynn wins out again.

Room Tip: THe higher the better
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ladybug5
Reviewed 4 June 2011

As soon as you opened the door to your room, the drapes and sheers parted and you got to see a beautiful view of the city and the sun shining in---this was REALLY impressive. The room was LOVELY with cream-coloured leather furniture and an obviously clean cream-coloured checked carpet. The light colours were modern and very refreshing. The only thing I didn't care for were the pictures which were on the flourescent side, but you kind of got used to them. The Wynn has a style of it's own and it is a beautiful hotel. I liked the fact you could get changed in the room without having to close the curtains or worry about anyone seeing you. The windows are tinted so from the outside all you see is brownish-coloured windows. The bathtub is deep (very appealing). You can even watch TV in the bathroom if you want and there is a phone in there as well---neither I would be interested in, but to each his own. The place was a bit high-tech for me. Sometimes you'd hit the bathroom light-switch to come on and it wouldn't. The lighting was tied in to a couple of buttons, all on, all off, dim etc. and I think this had something to do with it. The only other thing I noticed was a few kernels of food underneath the sofa edge that hadn't been vaccuumed up and it should have been. Overall, it is not hard to see why the Wynn is supposed to be the best place to stay in Vegas. This place had everything-- superior room, superior view, great casino downstairs, upscale shopping if you're into that, and last but not least, great food. We went to the dinner buffet and thought it was great. Some people apparently think the food at the Wynn has slipped, but we haven't been there before so I can't say, but we found it really good. I found the shortribs, beans, mashed potatoes, cream puffs and warm bread pudding particularly yummy. My husband really enjoyed the lamb stew, the salads, the cream puffs and warm bread pudding. Needless to say we were stuffed and glad to take a walk after that. I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THE WYNN TO ANYONE. It was a far superior room and the food was really good.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ncix
Reviewed 3 June 2011

We had a good time at the Wynn but my stay at the skylofts was better. We were in a salon suite which is a very nice room. However, when compared to the skylofts it was a lesser venue. The MGM seems to understand that those who stay in the highest accomodation should get extra perks. At the MGM we were given VIP access to all of the clubs on property, free movies, free soft drinks, arranged airport transfer, etc. Not so at the Wynn. I think that this is a mistake on their part. I for one may stay at the Wynn again but will not stay in a salon or parlor suite.

I also found the service to be spotty. The concierge and front desk were very good. The restaurant staff especially at Tableau were mediocre at best.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple