“Elegant, Romantic Rooms”

Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #5 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Elegant, Romantic Rooms”
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Pros: We stayed in a tower suite, and the room was beautiful: clean, posh, a great view of the pools, beautifully decorated. Our check-in took about 20 minutes, with no problems. Calls to housekeeping and valet were answered promptly. Breakfast at the Tableau Restaurant was delicious but expensive. The casino area was clean and wasn't filled with smoke like other casinos we visited. It was a relief to return to Wynn after a concert at Caesar's Palace. The late night dining menu at Stratta was delicious. Cons: Service was lacking at the pool for the tower suites; no one helped us find a place to sit in a crowded area, or find towels, and we had to flag down a server to get a drink—then it took forever. However, the worst part of our visit to Wynn: a very expensive dinner at Switch Steak that was a big waste of money. My fish was overcooked, the steak overpriced and bland, and our server NEVER returned to the table after taking our order, not even to give us the bill. And that giant inflatable singing frog is silly.

However, we would definitely return to Wynn and stay in the Tower Suites if we wanted a romantic splurge weekend. This is a good place for couples, especially couples in their 30s, 40s, 50s. But bring lots of money.

Room Tip: Tower Suites. We were in Room 512. Absolutely beautiful and quiet.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,411)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We stayed in the Wynn Tower suites for 4 nights in October and had a wonderful stay. We last stayed here a few years ago and found the service then not worthy of a 5 star resort and since then have stayed elsewhere. We decided to try the Wynn again. This time we noticed the change and found the service, from checkin to checkout, to be fantastic. The rooms are large and clean, the pools are great, SW Steakhouse and the Lakeside restaurant were very good and all the staff was helpful. Only downside was that we faced the south side and were on a high floor and we still heard the music/bass from the clubs until approx 3am on the Sat. night.

Room Tip: We faced the south side and were on a high floor and still heard the music/bass from the clubs at ni...
PA
Reviewed 24 October 2011

My husband and I were in Vegas for my birthday. We like to go to the Wynn to gamble. We have always been treated very well there and were comtemplating staying there on our next visit. (We go 3-4 times per year)
One afternoon as we were playing table games, I left to go to the ladies' room. While I was gone, the gentleman beside me leaned over and dumped my glass of wine all over my husband's pants. He of course had on light colored linen shorts. The wine was red and all over him. The Wynn basically said they were sorry, but offered nothing to us for compensation. Then when we ordered a replacement glass of wine, the cocktail waitress, said that if we spilled our wine again, she would have to bring the next one in a bucket. WOW - we didn't even spill the wine, plus my husband's expensive shorts were ruined. Of course we were also tipped this extremely rude waitress for everything that we had ordered. I couldn't believe my ears. We have been in less upscale places and have never had anyone be rude to us like this girl was. Then my husband ordered my a Figi water and she pointed to the ones in front of him (he had a full one and a partial one) and said "aren't those yours?" Meanwhile, I was the one who wanted a Figi water, not him. The service was totally horrible.
Oh, well, lesson learned. The place can be nice, but the way you're treated doesn't always reflect the expectation you have of the service, etc.
The pit boss did apologize, by the way, he just didn't offer to make the situation right in any way.
We may or may not go back.............we are still thinking about it.

4 Thank StBarts521
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 24 October 2011

It deserve the no. of stars.

Had stayed as Honeymoon trip in Lasvegas.
Hotel is a bit away from the noise of lasvegas strips.
But could see Mirage and great night scape from my hotel room.

Hotel room was almost extravantly decorated, but looks great~ :-)
Especially huge bathtube and TV in showerroom was great.

So satisfied trip.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed 22 October 2011

We arrived at the hotel around 3 pm. The front desk told us the room is not ready, but if we would like to pay more and get a bigger room then we can checked right away.
We booked 1 suit connected to 1 tower king which cost $2000+ for 2 nights. By 4 pm we went back to check, the rooms is still not ready, the front desk said she didn't know when the rooms will be ready, but we can take the lower level rooms which are available at that time.
My father he is tired at that time (he is a handicap need to use wheelchair to help him get around) and need a rest before we went to see a show.
I spoke to the manager and he said the check in time is START at 3PM and is not at 3PM. By this time we didn't really have a choice, because they said they don't know when the room will be ready.
We feel that if this hotel only wants to host certain kinds of people, it should say so in the first place. We are all very disappointed, and will not be recommending it to any of our friends. AVoid this plague like the insensitive irresponsible place that it is.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
12 Thank rose32780
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 October 2011

The GOOD: For starters, the Wynn is a beautiful property, conveniently located on the strip, the personalize your room key with your name printed on them, and they are the only ones with a golf course in the middle of the Vegas strip so kudos to them.
THE BAD: The room they advertised as a suite was two beds in a small room with a sitting chair. The remote controlled blinds and special lighting that they have in all their rooms did not make up for the lack of space that one would typically expect in a suite. No further comments on the room. But let's talk about the lovely surprise we found in our room on the last day of our stay: we returned from all day sight seeing in the early evening to a clean room except there were two foreign condom wrappers on the floor in front of the night stand. Uggggh! There was two of us in the room we were together the whole day. Which meant that someone was in our room "using" foreign condoms while we were gone.wwe called management and they sent security up to open an investigation and housekeeping to change the every layer of linen on the beds. The hotel management handled this situation very well, were very apologetic, and reimbursed us the last night of our stay.

Prior to all of this, we experienced issues with access to the Wi-fi (it was included in our rate, but we had to call down to the front desk to have them "unlock" our access everyday?- Sometimes waiting on hold while they sorted out how to do it).
THE UNFORTUNATE: And finally, since we were celebrating my friend's birthday during this trip, we ventured out to the steak house our first night- the portion sizes were soooo tiny- and by tiny I mean less than European serving sizes (which are fine by me)- but more like tasting plate serving sizes. The food was delicious but it would have been nice to have more than two mouthfuls for an entree. As a side note, if you are celebrating a birthday, bypass their complementary desserts because they'll only bring you two peppermint patties and write "Happy Birthday" in fudge sauce on the plate (see photo)- a waste!

All in all, I wouldn't pay to stay at the Wynn again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank sweetenergytravel
Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I really enjoyed my brief stay at the Wynn. Check in was seamless, although finding your way around any of the strip hotels can be mind boggling at first, we quickly got our feet underneath us and was able to find our way.

Food is super expensive so if you're on a budget buy a $7 24-hour bus pass and eat in the downtown (Freemont St) area, there's good food and its cheap.

The lake of dreams show at the Wynn was very impressive and we also went to see Le Reve which my travel companion and I thought was very good (side note, I've been to Vegas twice before, and for the money, nothing beats Cirque's Mystere).

The hotel room at the Wynn was very nice. We were on the 18th floor over looking the strip. Now, there have been other reviewers complaining about the noise from downstairs so let me weigh in on that.

I'm a light sleeper so I hear all when snoozing. Fortunately, I usually can still sleep with some noise. That being said, I was able to hear the music coming from one of their night clubs pretty well (like other reviewers, I find it odd that they didn't get windows that block the sound better). Also, early in the morning I could hear the freight train off in the distance. On my previous trips to Vegas I never knew there was a train so this was kinda odd. Sure enough on the strip side of the hotel, if you look out towards the freeway, there's a train running by it. This is pretty far off in the distance and shouldn't cause you too much problem (like I said, I'm a light sleeper). If you are troubled by noise ask for a room on the resort side (we wanted the strip side for the view), or a room higher up (they offered us that at check-in for an additional $30 per night, no thanks).

The room had a retro feel to me but I loved the automatic curtains, the nice big bathroom and the comfortable beds.

On a final positive note. We stayed with a friend who lives in Vegas one additional night. On the way to the airport the next day I realized that I left my jacket in the hotel room at the Wynn. Called them and the lost and found department stated that they found it. They requested some information and are sending it to me free of charge via UPS. I'm very thankful as its a very expensive jacket.

I would definitely stay at the Wynn again. Their customer service (jacket incident aside) is top notch.

Room Tip: If bothered by noise late at night, ask for a room on the higher floors, or facing the resort.
1 Thank Cswerve