“Perfect for every day of an 8 day stay!”
Review of Wynn Las Vegas

Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #5 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I travel a lot for business, and for convention business in particular, so I am accustomed to being in hotels that are at capacity, generally this means long check in lines and generally a somewhat reduced level of service. Although they are at capacity now, this is not the case at the Wynn. As you can imagine, 8 days in Vegas is sensory overload, and I truly believe that my stay at the Wynn is what has made this trip a pleasure. I'm in a Tower Suite room, and yes the curtains open with a touch, and the lights are controlled by the bedside as the other reviews say but I must add on that it is not just cool but fun and useful! The robes are to die for, I've worn one every minute I can. The maid service has been the best I have ever experienced, twice daily maid/tundown service, 2 bottles of water with every visit by the maid, and they are so sweet. I also have been here for 6 days so far, and have not heard one single noise from other rooms, from the hallway, nothing. Paper every day and free coffee in the Tower cafe for tower suite guests, also, Tower suite guests have access to a pool that others do not, which is very nice. The health club is fabulous, with fresh fruit, water and trained staff to help with the machines for only $15/day. Truly a magnificent place and I hope you will consider it for your next trip to Vegas. Also, only a 15 minute walk to the Sands Expo center.

Room Tip: Please invest in a Tower Room - just lovely.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 February 2012

This is a beautiful place to go where you can still see that old Las Vegas luxury. I loved my stay. We stayed 3 nights and it was fabulous. La reve is a MUST SEE show! Every still "dresses up" for the most part to make it feel special, and the entire staff was helping and polite. 5 star all the way!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank SandraNelson
Reviewed 21 February 2012

The Wynn is a nice hotel, but I'd still pick the Venetian or the Palazzo over it. The Wynn employees were very nice and accommodating. Everyone from the folks at the registration desk to the folks who brought me my room service meal were fantastic. The view was amazing. The rooms are very nice, too, although I do prefer the large rooms at the Venetian. A few complaints, though. The walls are paper thin. My neighbors were those people who sleep with the TV on. I got to hear their TV all night long. In the morning, I got to hear them having relations. I turned my TV up as loud as possible so that my ears wouldn't continue to bleed. Also, their free wi-fi is terrible. It worked intermittently. When it did work, it was super slow. Other than that, great hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We're not big Vegas fans, but planned to go there to see Elton John. If I am going to Vegas, I want to stay at a hotel with a nice room - somewhere to escape the crazy Vegas crowds. Having stayed at the Encore a few years ago, I knew the Wynn would be nice.

The hotel didn't disappoint. Check in was smooth, the room was beautiful and large enough to have some friends over for drinks. The view wasn't bad either. The location is great for walking to other casinos and shopping across the street. But, the hotel itself is gorgeous. My husband and I spent quite some time marveling at the beautiful flower spheres in the atrium. The colors and blends of those flowers are incredible beautiful. The only downside to the hotel, as well as the others we visited, was the smoke. We're used to smoke free environments and we both felt the effects of being around second hand smoke. I think the casinos need to upgrade air filter systems. (This is the reason for my four star rating)

While the Wynn was great, Elton and Caesar's Palace wasn't. The show was cancelled with less than a 2 hour notice. We discovered that the show the night before was cancelled after people had sat down and started ordering drinks. So, the lag in letting us know was unexcusable. Caesars was apologetic but not accommodating.

So, the Vegas trip didn't turn out as we planned. And, that will probably be our last trip to Vegas. But, if we find we have to go to Vegas, I'd stay at the Wynn or Encore again.

Room Tip: If you can, wait to book until the last minute. The rates really fall as you get closer to your dat...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank keyze
Reviewed 21 February 2012

The experience at this hotel is truly outstanding. We stayed at one of the suites which had an amazing view with top notch amenities, cleanliness and luxurious decor. Curtains lights and music at the touch of a button and beautiful decor were impressive, not to mention the room service. Comfort and elegance were prevalent as you lay in a bed with high quality mattress and sheets. Highly professional staff catering to your every need including a masseuse service that came to our private massage room in our suite. The food was that of a five star restaurant. One of the best experiences, if not the best, that I have ever had at a hotel. Really couldn't think of anything they could improve on.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This was our first trip to Vegas and it was a quickie - less than 24 hours - but we had a great one-nighter at the Wynn. The property is impeccably designed, with a wide variety of dining, gaming, and recreation options, most of which we admittedly didn't have time to explore. The casino is as classy as casinos get, a breed above the usual smoke- and trash-filled rooms of slot machines jangling to the point of deafness and depression. This casino has restrained energy (and excellent ventilation), with lavish, fluffy decor that I can only describe as a synthesis of French baroque and Asian exotica that is surprisingly pleasing.

Dining was overpriced and largely underwhelming. The contemporary Asian restaurant, Red 8, was an exceptional ripoff. I believe my shrimp-tomato udon, a bowl of unfocused, watery slop with exactly 3 jumbo shrimp was priced at $19. The thai lettuce wraps at least had flavor, but they were on the oily side and the portion was insultingly meager. The seafood restaurant downstairs from the casino was better. The oysters were very fresh and our steaks were of excellent quality and well-prepared.

Now, the room. We opted for the $30 upgrade to a high floor (56) and were impressed when the lights rose and the curtains parted for us on entry, to an expansive westward view of sprawling Las Vegas and mountains in the distance. Nice touch, seriously. The bed and linens were excellent as you'd expect. As for the decor, I'm not ashamed to admit I'm not a fan of white leather, but that's their thing and otherwise very nicely done up. I am however never happy when a hotel room, in this day and age, at the $300/night price point, doesn't provide an in-room coffee maker. I realize it's a tough business, but they need to understand that people are overindulging at these properties and that most prefer the option to sober up with a cup of coffee, sans human interaction, *before* going downstairs to patronize the cafe.

All in all, it was a great night and I would certainly return and recommend. I'll just bring a french press and my own ground coffee next time.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David C
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Great hotel. At the end of the strip but just across the mall! Quieter than the other hotels and classy.

• Stayed: July 2011