“Excellent Hotel and Staff”
Review of Wynn Las Vegas

Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #5 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Chicago
“Excellent Hotel and Staff”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I have stayed at the Wynn and Encore multiple times and it has always been wonderful. The rooms are fantastic, spacious and have a large bathroom with his and her sinks, separate shower and bathtub, water closet. The decor is classy, elegant and modern. There are amazing floral arrangement's throughout the hotel and everything is kept immaculate.

I have been there many times for business meetings and the staff is exceptional, very helpful and making sure every need is met. The food has always been incredible as well. This is always my first choice to stay when I go to Vegas for fun.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,410)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed 23 February 2012

From start to finish, we loved our stay at the Wynn. Yes, of course the rooms are gorgeous, but for us, the service made the difference. The staff seem to genuinely like the property and their jobs, they are chatty without being overbearing, no request too small or unimportant. The Tower rooms are a mini-hotel within a hotel, with their own check in area, and located right next to the pool area, so no need to be in front of the other guests in your suit and coverup. The little informal bar area has a pianist/singer and cocktails at night, then becomes a mini-coffee shop in the morning, Of course, Fashion Show mall is right across the street, so perfect location. SW steakhouse amazing, but pricey, great for a splurge... oh, and people choose to sit outside there because there is a cool and funky "show" with colored water and a big frog during dinner... can't explain it here, you just have to see it.

Room Tip: This is easy. If you are staying in the Towers portion of the hotel (recommend this if you can swin...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Toronto
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I had never heard of this hotel until it was booked for me and I got to Vegas but I loved the hotel. Very clean and one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. The hotel has endless activities and tons of shopping like most casinos in Vegas. We didn't play golf because the wanted way too much and it was still low season and cold. Lots of restaurant choices and of course a large casino.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,119 helpful votes
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We were told years ago, after we met the former Executive Chef of The Wynn in Barbados, who set-up and conceptualised all of the Wynn Resort restaurants, that The Wynn was the only place to stay in Vegas. I agree 100%. We stayed at The Wynn for the second time over the New Year....everything was perfect even though the hotel was probably operating at 100% occupancy...and the view of the fireworks at midnight on the strip was wonderful in the “strip” facing rooms. Unusually for a hotel, the food is very good in every single restaurant.

For a quieter breakfast and because we don’t like self-service, we always booked a table at the restaurant by the Tower Suites but there is quite a variety of choice around the resort for breakfasts. Amongst the best restaurants were Sinatra's and the Teppenyaki. Rooms and suites are newly refitted and perfect. The Hertz car-rental lady on site was fantastic and assisted us exceptionally well with maps, tips, information and a superb car at a rate that would be considered low in Europe.

I looked around some of the other hotels on the strip and found most dark and quite depressing compared to the bright cheerfulness of the Wynn. There's something really special about the Wynn. It is an exceptionally cheerful place.....our children loved it. The swimming pools (and pool service) are one of the highlights of staying at The Wynn. There’s something for everyone.....and the influence of Mr and (the former) Mrs’s Wynn is everywhere. I can only compare Wynn to “One and Only” and Wynn does it better.

I noticed that in every single restaurant, there was more than just a vegetarian option.....there was an entire section just for Vegans and the Vegan food was absolutely delicious. I have never come across this anywhere else in the world and so I asked a maitre 'd why there were vegan menus everywhere.

I was told that Steve Wynn’s friend, fellow vegan Mr Gulu Lalvani made made Steve Wynn watch a DVD documentary about eating which was basically a most persuasive argument about the benefits of turning Vegan and that Steve Wynn turned Vegan the next day. He then apparently gave every single one of his employees a copy of this DVD.

Healthy eating is something that makes sense to me however I always presumed that Vegan food would be awful. I thought the Vegan food at the Wynn was wonderful and it being New Year, decided to change my diet, being I'm middle aged and starting to take health far more seriously. Going Vegan in one go was a little too much although I may well do so one day, however I instantly turned Vegetarian/part Vegan and the Vegan meals I had at the Wynn were lovely. Now, almost two months later I have to say, it feels good.

I sent a friend (who writes a UK restaurant and hotel column in a UK newspaper) a Happy New Year email, explaining I had just been to "Cut"...a superb meat restaurant but that Steve Wynn (who I have of course never met....but still!!) had influenced me and as a result my New Year resolution had been to become half-Vegy/half Vegan. He emailed back to say "Steve Wynn is here in Gstaad!”

I'm not missing meat. It seems that a whole lot of CEO's of USA corporations are also Vegan, as well as Bill Clinton and Steve Wynn:

So there you have it.....visit the Wynn for the best experience in Las Vegas and because it is the only resort hotel in the entire world where you can really try out being Vegan and enjoy the experience.... in every single restaurant.

A highly recommended resort hotel. We would stay nowhere else in Vegas.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank BarryAscot
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 February 2012

The Wynn and Encore are both beautiful resorts and the attention to detail/decor is outstanding. We were married at the Wynn and our entire experience was wonderful from the gorgeous outdoor venue to the location of the reception and the food. The only downside was while our wedding day was flawless, I wouldn't say that we weren't made to feel "special" by the staff as you would expect on your wedding day (especially when you are paying the extra special prices). When we checked in, the staff didn't even recognize that we were getting married or say congratulations. Again, just a minor complaint as everything else was executed beautifully. We have stayed several times and the Wynn/Encore will continue to be our top choice when visiting Vegas.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank e w
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 22 February 2012

This property is gorgeous - beautiful decorated with bright, tasteful colors and lots of windows. The shopping is amazing, and the guest rooms are spacious, with great views. There is definitely a mentality of superb service here. I'd consider it THE place to stay in Vegas.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Chicago
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I travel a lot for business, and for convention business in particular, so I am accustomed to being in hotels that are at capacity, generally this means long check in lines and generally a somewhat reduced level of service. Although they are at capacity now, this is not the case at the Wynn. As you can imagine, 8 days in Vegas is sensory overload, and I truly believe that my stay at the Wynn is what has made this trip a pleasure. I'm in a Tower Suite room, and yes the curtains open with a touch, and the lights are controlled by the bedside as the other reviews say but I must add on that it is not just cool but fun and useful! The robes are to die for, I've worn one every minute I can. The maid service has been the best I have ever experienced, twice daily maid/tundown service, 2 bottles of water with every visit by the maid, and they are so sweet. I also have been here for 6 days so far, and have not heard one single noise from other rooms, from the hallway, nothing. Paper every day and free coffee in the Tower cafe for tower suite guests, also, Tower suite guests have access to a pool that others do not, which is very nice. The health club is fabulous, with fresh fruit, water and trained staff to help with the machines for only $15/day. Truly a magnificent place and I hope you will consider it for your next trip to Vegas. Also, only a 15 minute walk to the Sands Expo center.

Room Tip: Please invest in a Tower Room - just lovely.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business