“Great hotel, casino staff needs work”
Review of Wynn Las Vegas

Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #4 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Me and my wife stayed here for her 30th Birthday from January 14 - January 17. This was also our first trip to Las Vegas. Flew in from DFW Saturday afteroon and took the shuttle bus to the rental car facility got in the car and drove to the strip (very close and easy drive). The Wynn is at the north end of the strip so it took a while driving up to the hotel but was fine with us because we wanted to see the strip. We arrived at the hotel and asked the valet if would be easier to get our car out or take a cab to Caesar's for Celine Dion's concert we had tickets for. He said cab would be easier due to traffic and would cost about $10. The valet staff the whole time were great. They were very informative and helpful, and it wasnt because of the tips. I felt like they genuinely enjoyed their job.
Now to the hotel room - The hotel room is AWESOME! The touch screen curtains and lights are great and great view of the strip. Try to get a hotel room with a strip view and as high floor as possible. The view is great. The bed is extremely comfortable and the bathoom is huge with television by the sink. There is a separate tub and shower and plenty of room to move around.
We used the exercise facilities and they were great. They had towels and bottled water for you to use and at the desk they had apples, bananas, oranges, etc for you to eat. My wife used the spa and said it was great as well. The staff in both of these places were great.
My only complaint came down to the casino staff. I sat down with my money at four different tables and each dealer made me feel like I didnt belong there. I sat down with a few hundred dollars at each table and they looked at me like "that's it"? I lost a little at each table and finally went to another casino because of the treatment I received from the Wynn. The hotel was great but the casino will never receive any more of my money. I don't mind losing the money as long as the dealer is making my experience worthwhile. I went and played the rest of money at the Paris casino. Didnt win there but had a great time playing and will definitely go back there. I know the Wynn is for more of the high roller but if I am playing in your establishment with any money you should at least treat me with respect and I didnt feel I received it from the Wynn casino.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DerekT1015
Write a ReviewReviews (18,775)

Reviewed 23 February 2012

The Wynn is a beautiful Vegas hotel. It feels more civilized than many of the other surrounding hotels. Room was spacious and well appointed. Loved the Wynn bath products that were provided.
The hotel is expensive. Aside from the room rate, which tends to be amongst the highest in Vegas, there is a ridiculous $25.00 a day resort fee which they dont explain what it covers when you check in (essentially wi-fi and not much else). In the summer when the pools are open (pools were closed except for 1)perhaps they can justify charging a resort fee- but in the winter it is just not right! Also, $5 for a glass of take-out lemonade and $31.95 for weekend brunch buffet for a 12 year old is outrageous.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I have stayed at the Wynn and Encore multiple times and it has always been wonderful. The rooms are fantastic, spacious and have a large bathroom with his and her sinks, separate shower and bathtub, water closet. The decor is classy, elegant and modern. There are amazing floral arrangement's throughout the hotel and everything is kept immaculate.

I have been there many times for business meetings and the staff is exceptional, very helpful and making sure every need is met. The food has always been incredible as well. This is always my first choice to stay when I go to Vegas for fun.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 February 2012

From start to finish, we loved our stay at the Wynn. Yes, of course the rooms are gorgeous, but for us, the service made the difference. The staff seem to genuinely like the property and their jobs, they are chatty without being overbearing, no request too small or unimportant. The Tower rooms are a mini-hotel within a hotel, with their own check in area, and located right next to the pool area, so no need to be in front of the other guests in your suit and coverup. The little informal bar area has a pianist/singer and cocktails at night, then becomes a mini-coffee shop in the morning, Of course, Fashion Show mall is right across the street, so perfect location. SW steakhouse amazing, but pricey, great for a splurge... oh, and people choose to sit outside there because there is a cool and funky "show" with colored water and a big frog during dinner... can't explain it here, you just have to see it.

Room Tip: This is easy. If you are staying in the Towers portion of the hotel (recommend this if you can swin...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I had never heard of this hotel until it was booked for me and I got to Vegas but I loved the hotel. Very clean and one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. The hotel has endless activities and tons of shopping like most casinos in Vegas. We didn't play golf because the wanted way too much and it was still low season and cold. Lots of restaurant choices and of course a large casino.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We were told years ago, after we met the former Executive Chef of The Wynn in Barbados, who set-up and conceptualised all of the Wynn Resort restaurants, that The Wynn was the only place to stay in Vegas. I agree 100%. We stayed at The Wynn for the second time over the New Year....everything was perfect even though the hotel was probably operating at 100% occupancy...and the view of the fireworks at midnight on the strip was wonderful in the “strip” facing rooms. Unusually for a hotel, the food is very good in every single restaurant.

For a quieter breakfast and because we don’t like self-service, we always booked a table at the restaurant by the Tower Suites but there is quite a variety of choice around the resort for breakfasts. Amongst the best restaurants were Sinatra's and the Teppenyaki. Rooms and suites are newly refitted and perfect. The Hertz car-rental lady on site was fantastic and assisted us exceptionally well with maps, tips, information and a superb car at a rate that would be considered low in Europe.

I looked around some of the other hotels on the strip and found most dark and quite depressing compared to the bright cheerfulness of the Wynn. There's something really special about the Wynn. It is an exceptionally cheerful place.....our children loved it. The swimming pools (and pool service) are one of the highlights of staying at The Wynn. There’s something for everyone.....and the influence of Mr and (the former) Mrs’s Wynn is everywhere. I can only compare Wynn to “One and Only” and Wynn does it better.

I noticed that in every single restaurant, there was more than just a vegetarian option.....there was an entire section just for Vegans and the Vegan food was absolutely delicious. I have never come across this anywhere else in the world and so I asked a maitre 'd why there were vegan menus everywhere.

I was told that Steve Wynn’s friend, fellow vegan Mr Gulu Lalvani made made Steve Wynn watch a DVD documentary about eating which was basically a most persuasive argument about the benefits of turning Vegan and that Steve Wynn turned Vegan the next day. He then apparently gave every single one of his employees a copy of this DVD.

Healthy eating is something that makes sense to me however I always presumed that Vegan food would be awful. I thought the Vegan food at the Wynn was wonderful and it being New Year, decided to change my diet, being I'm middle aged and starting to take health far more seriously. Going Vegan in one go was a little too much although I may well do so one day, however I instantly turned Vegetarian/part Vegan and the Vegan meals I had at the Wynn were lovely. Now, almost two months later I have to say, it feels good.

I sent a friend (who writes a UK restaurant and hotel column in a UK newspaper) a Happy New Year email, explaining I had just been to "Cut"...a superb meat restaurant but that Steve Wynn (who I have of course never met....but still!!) had influenced me and as a result my New Year resolution had been to become half-Vegy/half Vegan. He emailed back to say "Steve Wynn is here in Gstaad!”

I'm not missing meat. It seems that a whole lot of CEO's of USA corporations are also Vegan, as well as Bill Clinton and Steve Wynn:

So there you have it.....visit the Wynn for the best experience in Las Vegas and because it is the only resort hotel in the entire world where you can really try out being Vegan and enjoy the experience.... in every single restaurant.

A highly recommended resort hotel. We would stay nowhere else in Vegas.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank BarryAscot
Reviewed 22 February 2012

The Wynn and Encore are both beautiful resorts and the attention to detail/decor is outstanding. We were married at the Wynn and our entire experience was wonderful from the gorgeous outdoor venue to the location of the reception and the food. The only downside was while our wedding day was flawless, I wouldn't say that we weren't made to feel "special" by the staff as you would expect on your wedding day (especially when you are paying the extra special prices). When we checked in, the staff didn't even recognize that we were getting married or say congratulations. Again, just a minor complaint as everything else was executed beautifully. We have stayed several times and the Wynn/Encore will continue to be our top choice when visiting Vegas.

• Stayed: October 2011