“Nice, but over rated.”

Ranked #5 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Portland, Oregon
“Nice, but over rated.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

Stayed at the Wynn, Encore the 19th & 20th of Feb. 2012. Arrived, checked in and went to the room which was on the 20th floor. Although the decor was beautiful and very colorful I was surprised at the condition of the room. Maybe I just set my expectations to high. Was disappointed at the cleanliness of the room, bathroom and entrance. The bathroom door, toilet area door were not wiped down from prior guest. They where sticky, had fingers and hand prints that were not wiped down. The handle was also sticky. The remotes for both TV's had food between the buttons(pizza my guess). The bed was nice and comfortable. The carpets were somewhat worn and the entry had dust balls. Oh also the I-pad station did not work. Like I said when your staying at the Wynn in Vegas you expect clean, working equipment for the amount that your paying for these rooms. The room had a smell to it too but not sure what it was. Sorry Steve but it's not like you say it is. Maybe the penthouse is but the deluxe rooms need attention.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Sevencar07

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,387)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

At the Wynn last night. My car was keyed twice along the entire length of my car and the hood pushed in while parked in their indoor garage. When security was notified i asked if they could pull tapes since they have cameras everywhere and call the police. They were no help. They said its an issue for my insurance. In other words im out my $1000 deductible. I wasnt asking Wynn to pay for it, i was asking for their help in finding out who did this and prosecute them for vandalism on my brand new 2011 3 month old car. They didnt even take down my name or phone number or offer any assistance and they said i could call the police myself but it is private property and since there wasnt a robbery or attack they wont come on Wynns private property. Not even a sorry this happen to you, lets pull tapes and see if we can find out who it was.....nothing.......i have been a guest at Wynn over 20 times...never again.....stay at the Wynn if you want to be treated like crap at $300.00 a night

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
14 Thank robert s
Prosper, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

I have been to Las Vegas twice a year for the past 15 years for work. This was the first time I have stayed at the Wynn and although the hotel price was good, the food and services were over priced. $18 for a middle of the road burbon drink, $15 for use of the workout facilities etc.. The food at Lakeside was fantastic. However we waited an hour to order. Watch the water show while your there. It is fantastic!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Coach1969
Waxahachie, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

Me and my wife stayed here for her 30th Birthday from January 14 - January 17. This was also our first trip to Las Vegas. Flew in from DFW Saturday afteroon and took the shuttle bus to the rental car facility got in the car and drove to the strip (very close and easy drive). The Wynn is at the north end of the strip so it took a while driving up to the hotel but was fine with us because we wanted to see the strip. We arrived at the hotel and asked the valet if would be easier to get our car out or take a cab to Caesar's for Celine Dion's concert we had tickets for. He said cab would be easier due to traffic and would cost about $10. The valet staff the whole time were great. They were very informative and helpful, and it wasnt because of the tips. I felt like they genuinely enjoyed their job.
Now to the hotel room - The hotel room is AWESOME! The touch screen curtains and lights are great and great view of the strip. Try to get a hotel room with a strip view and as high floor as possible. The view is great. The bed is extremely comfortable and the bathoom is huge with television by the sink. There is a separate tub and shower and plenty of room to move around.
We used the exercise facilities and they were great. They had towels and bottled water for you to use and at the desk they had apples, bananas, oranges, etc for you to eat. My wife used the spa and said it was great as well. The staff in both of these places were great.
My only complaint came down to the casino staff. I sat down with my money at four different tables and each dealer made me feel like I didnt belong there. I sat down with a few hundred dollars at each table and they looked at me like "that's it"? I lost a little at each table and finally went to another casino because of the treatment I received from the Wynn. The hotel was great but the casino will never receive any more of my money. I don't mind losing the money as long as the dealer is making my experience worthwhile. I went and played the rest of money at the Paris casino. Didnt win there but had a great time playing and will definitely go back there. I know the Wynn is for more of the high roller but if I am playing in your establishment with any money you should at least treat me with respect and I didnt feel I received it from the Wynn casino.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DerekT1015
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

The Wynn is a beautiful Vegas hotel. It feels more civilized than many of the other surrounding hotels. Room was spacious and well appointed. Loved the Wynn bath products that were provided.
The hotel is expensive. Aside from the room rate, which tends to be amongst the highest in Vegas, there is a ridiculous $25.00 a day resort fee which they dont explain what it covers when you check in (essentially wi-fi and not much else). In the summer when the pools are open (pools were closed except for 1)perhaps they can justify charging a resort fee- but in the winter it is just not right! Also, $5 for a glass of take-out lemonade and $31.95 for weekend brunch buffet for a 12 year old is outrageous.

• Stayed February 2012
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

I have stayed at the Wynn and Encore multiple times and it has always been wonderful. The rooms are fantastic, spacious and have a large bathroom with his and her sinks, separate shower and bathtub, water closet. The decor is classy, elegant and modern. There are amazing floral arrangement's throughout the hotel and everything is kept immaculate.

I have been there many times for business meetings and the staff is exceptional, very helpful and making sure every need is met. The food has always been incredible as well. This is always my first choice to stay when I go to Vegas for fun.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Bozeman, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

From start to finish, we loved our stay at the Wynn. Yes, of course the rooms are gorgeous, but for us, the service made the difference. The staff seem to genuinely like the property and their jobs, they are chatty without being overbearing, no request too small or unimportant. The Tower rooms are a mini-hotel within a hotel, with their own check in area, and located right next to the pool area, so no need to be in front of the other guests in your suit and coverup. The little informal bar area has a pianist/singer and cocktails at night, then becomes a mini-coffee shop in the morning, Of course, Fashion Show mall is right across the street, so perfect location. SW steakhouse amazing, but pricey, great for a splurge... oh, and people choose to sit outside there because there is a cool and funky "show" with colored water and a big frog during dinner... can't explain it here, you just have to see it.

Room Tip: This is easy. If you are staying in the Towers portion of the hotel (recommend this if you can swin...