“An excellent place to stay”
Review of Wynn Las Vegas

Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #5 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Melbourne, Australia
“An excellent place to stay”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Stayed 8 nights at this property in an Executive Suite at very reasonable rates of $149 per night. The facilities are all top class from the rooms to the restaurants, pools and other services. Plenty of restaurants and bars to choose from, and not much need to go off site at all.

Service was exemplary and hard to beat with great, friendly staff every where. A word of caution though, the Hotel will bill you $150 per day for expenses on top of your room bill when you check in. Only downside was the prevalence of smoking throughout the property which became overbearing at times, along with the VERY dry air conditioning. Moisturiser is a must at all times.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,445)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sunnyvale, CA
Reviewed 14 April 2012

What can you say about Wynn? Its got everything - the location, the ambience, the fabulous stores, the beautiful rooms, the lovely siting, away from the grit of Las Vegas Boulevard, etc. Just can't say enough about this place, which of course has the advantage of being one of the relatively newer properties in Las Vegas.

The only downside for this traveller was that I got to stay only one night in this beautiful property. I had a lovely view of the Boulevard and could even have had a ringside view of the Sirens show at Treasure Island, if I had a nice pair of binoculars or a telescope.

I loved the sleek elegance of my room with its white motif, the sparkling bathroom with shower and tub and the high-tech controls for the lighting and the curtains. Wow!

If you want a top notch place to stay in Las Vegas, I would say this is it!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 13 April 2012

The Wynn Las Vegas is, hands down, my favorite hotel on the Vegas strip. My husband and I go to Vegas 1-3x per year, and we have never had a bad experience during our stay. We even chose the Wynn to treat our brother to a "congrats on beating cancer" trip last year.

To start, the hotel is further down the strip, so while bustling, it's not packed like some of the other casinos can feel at times. The base rooms are nice, but consider booking (or upgrading to) the tower suites. The more secluded pool and separate entrance are just two of the perks that make it worth the extra money. A discretely placed $20 will improve your chances of getting a strip view room ;)

For dinner, try SW, for lunch, there is a little pizza place in the shopping area that is delicious. Bartolotta is just okay, and frankly, I was a bit disappointed with the food as I expected more.

Order the Cadillac margarita at the pool (get it with a splash of strawberry), and the coconut and lime margarita is good as well.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christie J
Dousman, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We stayed at the Wynn for the first time. We are Vegas regulars and have stayed at many properties over the years. We finally got a chance on our latest trip.

Location: Above average. Very handy if you use a car and need to jump on and off the highway (golf trips). IT is on the edge of our "ideal" location which extends from the Wynn to Bellagio.

Rooms: Excellent. Top quality in every way from the automatic lighting and drapes to the bathroom. Beds are excellent. All floor to ceiling windows providing an excellent view of Las Vegas.

Facility: Wonderful throughout. The pool area was very nice and heated well for cool days. We wish they were open past 6pm. We golf each day and get back late in the afternoon. It would be nice to have them open in the evening. I also find it odd that there is only one jacuzzi area. Elevators are very fast and the layout is straightforward. All parking is free valet - very nice.

Staff: Quality and generally competent. I had a coupel minor issues in the casino but overall top-notch.

The Clientele: I have a couple perspectives about the customers of the Wynn. First, they have the best-looking women anywhere walking around the facility in the evening. Perhaps it is Tryst or looking for that high roller but there are head-turners every five minutes. I cannot tell you how many times I had to "carefully" stare at the stunning beauties. I was not alone.

The economic level of the Wynn customer is at the top end. I live comfortably and make a good living. So many of the customers are dressed exceptionally well. I can dress very well but also enjoy shorts and a golf shirt. There were very few people wearing shorts. Sure I had evenings in my pants and Brooks Brother shirt but I do like a mix of dress. Not a huge deal but it was a rare time I felt under-dressed. I guess Steve wants it that way.

We had a great stay at the Wynn and would return.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank RickJansky
Calgary, AB CANADA
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Travelled to Vegas March 2012, and needed to find celiac-friendly restaurants on the strip. Read a review about the buffet at The Wynn, and had to check it out. Went for lunch, $25 I think, and could not believe the selection of food!! I asked to speak to the chef to find out what dishes were gluten-free, and although I had to wait about 15 min (understandable, it was PACKED), he came out and took me on a food tour of the whole buffet, pointing out ingredients, choices, and even brought me warmed up GF raisin bread! I had a fabulous meal, tons of choices, (dessert too!!)! Thanks to the staff at the Wynn buffet for being so incredible about my allergy, I will certainly be back!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank RideTheWake
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Room was fantastic. Very spacious and beautiful and the view from my room was spectacular. Very cool electronic controls for all of the leads in the room and blinds at the push of a couple buttons in one central location. The hotel was also very beautiful. Very few could top it. Conference rooms were nice and comfortable. And that's about as far as I go with the compliments. After that, you have to pay. Vegas definitely isn't what it used to be. No freebies. The food was just way overpriced. If smoke bothers you, you'll want to avoid the casino.

Room Tip: Look for other places nearby to eat. Bring your own coffee maker.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank DrummerD2
Leeds
Reviewed 13 April 2012

A family member had got married in the Wynn and stayed in the Encore in 2010 which is what prompted us to look there for our honeymoon destination. Everything about the Wynn is incredible, from the moment you step through the door you can feel the opulence. As it was out honeymoon we upgraded to a Tower Suite for an additional $100 per night - the Wynn is one of the pricier hotels in Vegas - but it was worth every penny. The room was on the 60th floor with amazing views of the golf course and pools. Two bathrooms and a luxurious living area as well as the most comfortable bed i can ever remember sleeping in. The cleaning staff were very good - the rooms were always spotless and toiletries always fully stocked, they even moved all my makeup/jewellery left in the bathroom to one side and placed it on a flannel so it wouldn't get wet/damaged. The room service food was incredible - after the first night which was spent playing slots and drinking cocktails brought by the waitresses we had an early night the second day and woke rather hungry at 4am. We ordered sliders and tortilla chips - it has been almost a year and my husband still talks about those chips! We also sampled the Wynn breakfast buffet - absolutely legendary and well worth the money!! Cannot fault this hotel at all and would love to return one day.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple