“5 Star Resort in Vegas”
Review of Wynn Las Vegas

Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #4 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I am not a Vegas person. I was last there about 15 years ago and all I can remember was that with all the pools, restaurants, and shows, the casino was always hovering nearby (with all those loud, annoying bells and whistles emanating from the countless slot machines). Oh, how things have changed. Our family went to Vegas in March of 2012 for our daughter's destination wedding. My daughter and her fiancé booked the wedding at the Wynn Resort. I will let my daughter write her own review of her wedding experience at the Wynn but in one word it was fabulous. The Wynn wedding planners made it a memorable day for all. A 10+!!!

Our family booked rooms at the Wynn for the event - Thursday thru Monday. Yes, the hotel has a great casino, but the hotel offers an escape from the hustle and bustle because of the resort's sprawling campus. Sitting at the massive pool complex on a beautiful sunny day, one would think that the is at an exclusive resort on a Caribbean island. Customer service was top notch. Did I say impeccable? Restaurants worthy of a major world capital. The Wynn buffet???...priceless. We got a great deal by booking through Vegas.com. Next time I want to go to a world class resort, it will be the Wynn for me. I'll be at the pool.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank witchcity

Reviewed 23 May 2012

My buddy and I meet in LV for a guys weekend every year. We've stayed at Wynn the last four years. We stayed three nights from May 17th to the 20th in 2012.

Check in was a breeze. On this Thursday morning around 10:30 there were two desk clerks and one person checking in. Check in was quick. The hotel was going to be pretty full that weekend so they didn't try to upsell us. We got a golf course room on the 27th floor. The view was fine. Although the strip view rooms aren't necessarily spectacular as far as the view, I'd have preferred one to the golf course. They didn't offer and we didn't really care, especially since we were up fairly high on the 27th floor.

The room was clean and well-appointed. Two beds that were incredibly comfortable. The bathroom was spotless, as was the room. The power drapes and curtains were a pleasure and a breeze to operate. We had no problems with the room whatsoever, except the phone between the beds. On the two occasions we called the front desk we had to use speaker phone. No big deal.

Everyone we came in contact with had excellent customer service skills. The front desk, cocktail waitresses, pool staff, and valets were kind and professional.

I was surprised at how much of a beating the Wynn takes over the weekend. Last year one of the swanky shops in the promenade had a window broken. This year there was a broken window in the revolving door, a broken window in the glass surrounding the Parasol Down bar, and on our last day when checking out we saw one of those marble ashtray-garbage cans by the elevator on our floor smashed to smithereens. The security guard standing by to make sure nobody got cut on the broken pieces said weekends can be a bit rough on the place.

The pool crowd was nice. On one end near the cabana bar it was more lively, and on the other end and in the middle it was more sedate.

Having an early flight out on Sunday made us hit the hay a bit early on Saturday night. We were in bed around 11PM. The folks next door were rocking their ipod on the dock between the bed. While it didn't keep me up, it was a bit annoying. I know it's Vegas, but I was surprised by the thin walls and the inconsiderate neighbors.

Cocktail service while in the casino was better than my previous two visits, but not stellar.

Love the Wynn and this won't be my last stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Scooterboy66
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Great hotel, one of the best resorts on the Las Vegas strip. Located at the more modern and less crowded end of the strip - next to the Palazzo and Venetian, the Wynn has spacious room, remote control lighting and curtains/drapes with large marble bathrooms. Some noise from neighbouring rooms and outside (nightly battles with the Treasure Island pirate ships over the road!) - but this is LAS VEGAS!

Nice range of restaurants downstairs (recommend 'La Cave' and 'Terrace Pointe Cafe' esp. outside dining). Pool looked great - but was on business so no time to take a swim. Opposite the impressive Fashion Show shopping mall if you need some presents for home or a retail fix.

Travelled for a convention at the Sands Expo Centre, again conveniently located opposite the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank daniel_travel_11
Reviewed 22 May 2012

This is our fourth stay at The Wynn but our first in the Tower Suites. Well worth the extra money if you are looking for ambiance that is a bit more quiet and removed from the rest of this large resort. Our room was spectacular. Breakfast at Tableau very pleasant. Giving this four stars instead of five only because we had a weird incident: when we checked in, the lock to our site was not working properly but it looked as if the bellhop fixed it. Unfortunately, he did not --- as we learned when a young lady entered our room at 4 AM on Saturday night, having thought that she was at The Encore (she had a key to a room with the same number there). Security came up within two minutes and we received profuse apologies from management and an upgrade for our next visit. Lesson to be learned: bolt your door. We were also subject to unremitting noise from the AC at night, we thought it was bass coming from the nightclub but then realized the source.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank susan r
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Just came back from my stay at the Wynn. I read 100 reviews before my stay and I finally experience the Wynn myself. My husband and I had a wonderful time. Check in and check out took less than 5 mins. Our room at the 60th floor had an amazing view. The pool was gorgeous. The bed was huge and super comfy. Minor problems but overall a great first/one of a kind hotel in Las Vegas.

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Withkid
Reviewed 21 May 2012

This is the best hotel on the strip along with the Encore.
Serivce, standard location and ambiance is top class and will always stay here

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank looboo500
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I was lucky to have a free upgrade to a suite, and I can't give the room justice me and my 2 daughters just loved the place, the views were amazing and the room was so spacious.
The pools were so relaxing and the breakfast had everything, I would advise all to stay at this Hotel.

Tara Hamdi

Room Tip: Be friendly at the check in and you might get an upgrade like we did.