“Absolutely Wonderful”

Ranked #5 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Absolutely Wonderful”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

My wife and I visited Vegas in early June and stayed at the Wynn at the recommendation of a friend. Everything was wonderful! In my opinion, this place has it all. The room was a nice size, clean and charming. the view was wonderful and the bed was comfortable. The hotel itself is gorgeous with plenty of entertainment and food options. Personally, I enjoy nice bars and this place had more than a few, which was very appealing to me! Additionally, the staff was wonderful and the pool side service was top notch. Everyone was prompt and attended to all our questions or concerns immediately. I also have to say that there exercise facility was great. They had more than enough equipment and I enjoyed working out every morning. I can't claim to have a lot of experience in travelling to Vegas but I know for a fact that this is one of the nicest, if not the nicest, places one can stay. I know some people have commented about the price but my wife and I were able to get a very affordable package through Southwest airlines. I would love to go back sometime very soon and i would like to thank everyone at the Wynn for making our stay enjoyable and relaxing. The one downfall, we were not there long enough, and thats our fault!

Room Tip: book a shuttle to and from the airport
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,429)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We liked everything about the Wynn. The rooms are spacious, we got the view to the strip and we arrived at night, it was breathtaking.
The room is pretty the bathroom is almost a religious experience. I really liked the bathroom, spacious light, lovely.
The hotel is magnificent, everything is beautiful and spacious.
We had dinner at the sw, and Steve Wynn was in there that night. Maybe that helped the service, but it was perfection.
The show at the lake is light. This is Disneyland for adults and it goes from whimsical to adult. I liked it.
The beach club at the encore. Wow! To be young and loaded of money forever.
We had a blast the Djs at the beach club and at xs were fantastic.
It was a great time. Worth every cent.

1 Thank Josearnaldo
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 25 June 2012

The Wynn is a beautiful hotel designed to "wow" you. Floral arrangements everywhere...it is spectacular. We had a basic room and it was very nice - spacious, comfortable bed and couch, and a bathroom to die for (deep tub, flat screen on the wall).

We didn't spend any time in the casino, but from what I saw, it was much more classy than the others we walked through...which could be expected.

The pool was heavenly and I could have stayed there all day. Poolside drinks were expensive, but again, this was expected.

I only have a few complaints about the hotel. My husband had the worst burger of his life at one of the restaurants in the hotel (can't remember which one), so that turned us off of dining at the Wynn again. It was a shame really as I had high expectations after reading all about the various restaurants. The $15/day to use the fitness center plus the fee for wireless internet really irritated me. For the price you pay to stay there, I can't believe those were not included.

We found the customer service to be so-so. For such a high quality hotel, I would have expected a little better service.

Overall though, the Wynn was a lovely place to stay and I would stay there again if given the opportunity.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

The Wynn is beautiful and the rooms exceptional and very luxurious. The check-in staff and bellman who brought the bags up were both extremely courteous and pleasant. However, the lobby bell staff and the staff at the golf shop were very rude, not what I expected at the rates charged.

Room Tip: As far from the nightclubs as possible.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank hiltongirl357
Clovis, California, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2012

My daughter and I had a "Girl's weekend" and stayed a night each at 2 different luxury hotels on the Las Vegas strip. She had been to this location before and couldn't say enough good things about it, she was right. I found the Wynn to be a uniquely decorated and beautiful place. Upscale with all the amenities you could ask for. This is what I would expect of high level/5 star hotels such as the Ritz. This is what is so fun about Vegas, everyone is a "Rock Star!" I think we got a reasonable rate off of Priceline for well under $200. We had a great time, staff was accomodating, valet parking was available for a fee, shopping was pricey yet fun. location to everything was perfect- would love to stay again!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2012

On my back home and thought I'd share my experience ... The good, very short check in and out line ups, the bed and pillows were very comfy, panoramic corner suite was nice, the view of the golf couse was beautiful, very clean and the staff was very accommodating, the casino was fairly clean that didn't smell of smoke even though lots of people were smoking, the concierge was great who set us up for dinner and the zumanity show the day of... I'm sure there are more but I,ll move onto some cons: the towels in the room seemed old? Like theyve been washed a thousand times... I expected nice fluffy towels and the soaps in the room were sub par... Small issues but for the I dropped I expect the small things to be perfect... Thirty minutes for room service .. In general I expected much more in terms of luxury from the Wynn , I'll stay in the Cosmopolitan next trip

Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Rich S
Bournemouth
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights and were blown away by the size of the hotel (this was our first visit to Vegas). The staff were always eager to please and very helpful. We had a room on the 39th floor overlooking the strip. the view was amazing and the room itself was absolutely fantastic. Clean, tidy and the bed was THE best bed we have EVER slept in by far!!
1 thing to note, there is no coffee or tea making and don't touch those nibbles as they're on a pressure plate which will add them to your room bill even if you pick them up for just 60 secs!
Each room has electric curtains, lights etc from a console next to the bed - its so cool!
There are 3 pool sections which you can access through the Spa or through the main Lobby. The first part where you come in generally loses the Sun around 2-3pm. the second section is quite narrow but opens up to a bowl shape. Then you see the Cabana Bar with some blackjack tables. On the other side of the bar is the Adults only pool which is basically like a big pool party where groups of girls and guys are drinking, smoking and generally having a good time right in the pool. This pool gets the most sun and in fact the loungers on the longer side of the pool got the sun all day. If you don't like loud dance music then don't go to this pool as it was blaring out (though we quite liked it!!). There are hotel waitresses coming round all the time if you need drinks, but be wary as they are quite expensive (small can of Corona was about $8.00 after tax). I got some beer from the local Walgreens and brought it back to the hotel and drank it at the poolside with no issues. They provide 2 towels to each person and also iced water is freely available quite a few places dotted around the pools. There are NO parasols for the "free loungers" only if you want to pay for the "reserved" seats do you get the parasols, so stock up on the suncream as it was incredibly hot when we were there (about 40-42 deg C).
There are plenty of loungers, but don't leave it too late otherwise all the good ones do go.
In terms of getting around use the Deuce bus. The pickup point is right outside the hotel on the main road (you'll see a bus stop). To go down the strip (to the other hotels) use the stop that is located outside the Fashion Mall underneath the walkway over the road. Its only $7 for 24 hours and is a real life saver. We used it to go to the outlet stores on the North end of the strip (use the express Deuce for this using same ticket). The normal "Deuce" bus is a double decker and stops at every other hotel along the strip and comes along every 15 minutes. It can get busy at peak times but runs 24 hours a day.
For those on a budget make sure you play those 25c slot machines and then get the free drinks from the waitresses. Make sure you tip them though ($1 per drink) but it beats paying the bar prices.
We stayed over a weekend and from Thursday - Saturday/Sunday there is a nightclub at the hotel. The sound system is huge and we could hear it playing on the 39th floor quite clearly. It was a bit offputting (especially when it goes all the way through until 3:30-4am!). I think the front desk should advise people of that when they check in. We had seen it on trip advisor but thought the 39th floor would be ok... clearly not.
The casino itself was good and even though you can smoke in the hotel the air con system is amazing and managed to pull all the smoke out without much of a smell lingering at all!
Food was very nice and the little cafe had some nice salads and quiches.
We made the mistake of getting the buffett on Saturday morning thinking it was the same price as the weekday. WRONG! it was $32.00 EACH and they had everything you could possibly want to eat for BRUNCH but there is no way we ate $64 worth of food and i wouldn't class it as good value at all.
Overall we had a great time and would definately go back. We went to a few other hotels on the strip while we were there and the Wynn is definately the classiest.

Room Tip: Choose a NON-Strip view if you don't want the blaring music or just ask the front desk for a roo...
1 Thank MarkFBournemouth