“First Class”

Ranked #5 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Melbourne, Australia
“First Class”
Reviewed 13 April 2013

My daughter and myself stayed at this fairly new hotel at the upmarket end of the Strip, at the recommendation of a friend who travels frequently to Vegas. It was our first time there and the place is glamorous by Vegas standards. I was attending a conference at Caesars Palace but was strongly advised to not stay there due to the hotel being old and security not as rigourous.
We went during a quiet time, we were upgraded to a beautiful room with lovely amenities. The bathtub is massive! The bathroom just amazing, with marble and beautiful fixtures.
The service was topnotch. We were grateful for the staff organising our Grand Canyon tour on the spur of the moment when we were stood up by the tour we booked with prior to leaving Australia. The staff understood our disappointment and rang around for us and got us onto another tour within 20minutes! I will thank Michelle again for all her troubles:)
We loved the smorgasbord, we went twice! We have never been to anything like it elsewhere.carbs, desserts, asian cuisine, they have it all!
It is also situated across the street from a shopping mall which we spent a lot of time exploring. We loved every minute of our time there and look forward to doing it all again soon.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank PhoebeNJ

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,429)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Denver
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I travel annually to Las Vegas for work. Each year we stay in a different hotel. The Wynn fell on the better side of the places I've stayed.

Positives:

1. Ease getting in/out of hotel
2. Size - very manageable size to get around in
3. Friendliness of staff and helpfulness of front desk staff
4. Options for lower-cost breakfast and late-night snacks
5. Room comfort, decor and view
6. Location - Although it was not on the monorail line, it was pretty easy to get a cab and to walk through the Palazzo and Venetian to get to the monorail when needed.

Negatives:

1. Lack of a coffee maker in the room - a HUGE negative for me.
2. The Business Center - Not the most convenient, though I learned later in the week there were more centers around the hotel. However, it took me two days to get my package that I shipped to myself several days in advance - all for a variety of reasons. Then I felt like I was a bother to the staff. Poor quality computer set ups in the business center to use for a ridiculous hourly rate.
3. Outside bell staff - lack of available outside bell staff to take/store my luggage in the morning when I was in a hurry to leave it. Had to leave it with the bell desk inside - not as convenient for getting a cab, though he was very helpful.
4. Hallway carpet - very very difficult to wheel your luggage or anything with wheels over the very thick carpet in the halls. There would be a nice marble floor for a bit, then it would stop), and lastly poor quality computer set ups in the business center for a ridiculous hourly price.

Overall, I had a good experience at the Wynn.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I was at Wynn recently and the rooms are great, the service was very good. It is not as big as some other hotels so you don't feel overwhelmed. The decor in general is very nice and even the casino is beautifully decorated.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Arizona
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We stayed at the Wynn over a weekend using a special promo rate. I can only assume the lack of overall attention was because of the promo rate - for a hotel that promotes how they are a Forbes 5 star hotel, there was a surprising lack of attention to details. Small, picky details like no turndown service, housekeeping had already passed us over by 8:30am (on a Saturday morning?). I told them it was our anniversary but no little chocolates, etc. These are small, picky items, but when there are many other hotels to stay at in Las Vegas, those are the things that will keep us from going back. And given how they say they are special/luxury, etc, those are the things you come to expect. It was average.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank UtahSarahcat
Reviewed 11 April 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at Wynn and Wynn Encore both are amazing. From the plush and luxurious rooms to beautiful decor within hotel to delicious restaurant choices this is a wonderful place to stay. You are treated like a queen and feel like VIP whether you're gambling g or not. The shopping is worthy of rodeo drive too.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank AbsJ
Torrance
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I am a huge Vegas traveler. I've been going to Vegas since I was a child. I remember running to the arcades and trying to find the next bucket that my parents left of quarters. With that said, I remember the strip more than about ten years ago. Being ten years, I know what casinos can do and what they should do, etc.

I've stayed here at the Wynn before. I loved it. I felt that for the experience, I was getting my moneys worth and spending my moneys worth. We were there for a birthday and we left feeling special. Because of that, we came back this time around.

This time, we came for my birthday. I wanted something special so what more to come here. Before checking in, I made sure that this was paid for before even coming so we had less expenses to worry about. We dropped about 400 on the room for two nights. Mind you, it was a Thursday and Friday night. On the higher price is you ask me.

Anyway, we check in and the first room that they put us in was an upgrade in which we had to pay for. It gave us a view of the empty lot across the way. Seriously? Did you not notice that TODAY (the day that I checked in) was my birthday and that really? An empty lot is just .. not what we paid for. I could have paid about 90 a night at Rio and had a view of the strip. PLE-HEASE.

So we talked to the front desk and the lady told us that it was another charge to get an actual view? Seriously? *roll of eyes.

It was my birthday and thankfully to a great boyfriend, he said "whatever makes you happy".

We went along with our vacation but it wasn't anything special because of the hotel. It was special because of all the promotors that I spoke to and all of the people that came.

When we checked into the hotel, the room that we stayed at -- the cordless phone didn't work. The vanity mirror didn't work. The reception in the entire hotel was horrible until you got into the lobby. It was just a horrible stay. I didn't feel special and I think this is what people come to Vegas for!

With that said, not going to come back here.

No thanks.

There ARE better places on the strip. Promise you.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank d_cheng
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Its either in the wynn or encore can't remember but its connected. Here is my review of surrender night club

IF you get table service... be ready for the most thirsty girls you have ever seen. They are just dying to come to the table so if you roll with a bunch of guys and want girls this is the spot. The lay out is nice and TONS of people there. They have a inside area and middle area and pool side spot. Def get the inside area as where that is where the DJ is and where all the crowd is partying. Table prices are good and service is decent. The bouncers are cool and VIP is roped off. Tables are big and tons of space if you get the side tables on the wall. Only problem here is that the VIP hosts are not cool at all. Out of all the clubs I been to in Vegas this is the only club I have problems with the people working the VIP stuff. But other than that def a club I would check out if they have talent there. Have fun!

Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends