“Beautiful Wynn” 5 of 5 bubbles

Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #5 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Beautiful Wynn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

Got married in Vegas and stayed at the Wynn for 5 nights. It really is the most superb hotel. The staff are all superbly trained and nothing is too much trouble. Our room was superb with a view of the strip from floor to ceiling windows . The restaurants are really good with wonderful surroundings and all public areas are beautiful. The place is classy and flashy. The downside of this of course is that it is also very expensive .but if you're going to Vegas I would say treat yourself you won't find better.

Room Tip: Get a strip view room not a golf course view
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,363)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

An absolute privilege to stay in this wondrous hotel. from arrival to departure absolutely incredible. Every aspect imaginable couldn't be improved on. Could rave about this place for ours. The staff were some of the nicest and most helpful and efficient people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting and every day was an adventure. Outstanding food and facilities. We came to see Vegas but The Wynn was so amazing we didn't want to leave the hotel, of course we did as the hotel's location is fantastic. Been to many places in Vegas and easily the best hotel in the city! You must go! Splash Out! It's actually incredibly reasonable for what you get. The experience of a lifetime! Thank you Mr. Steve Wynn!

Room Tip: Any room, you can't go wrong. But corner rooms high up have some of the best views.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank W L J
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

I love this hotel. And I love that you get the whole 2 for 1 thing with having Encore right next door. I love that Steve Wynn hand chooses so much of everything you see in this hotel himself. You can totally tell. Classy but fun, amazing restaurants & clubs, IMMACULATE. Seriously, this is one of the only hotel floors that I will walk barefoot on and feel like I'm at home. I left my room once & the housekeeper had just come to clean and I came back an hour later and she was just finishing scrubbing the floors. Try the corner panoramic rooms. Great views!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

I stayed at the Wynn Hotel for a double bachelorette for me and my twin sister. Being our first time in Vegas, we were very excited and looked forward to our stay at the hotel. There were 8 of us girls in total sharing 3 rooms.

However, at the end of my stay, i must say i was highly disappointed with the inconsistent service we received. However, before i get into that, i will list the pros and cons for the hotel:

Pros:
- Rooms are a good size, with a comfortable neutral colour scheme
- Very comfortable beds and pillows
- The included breakfast brunch buffet from our package was very good

Cons
- All rooms with 2 double beds face AWAY from the strip
- If you are staying in one of these types of rooms, on lower levels, below the 15th floor, be prepared to face air conditioning units or the parking lot as your view during your stay
- Long check-in process. Apart from the line up, which took about 20minutes, checking in at the counter took about 20-25minutes
- No kettle and/or coffee brewer in room
- No slippers provided in the room, had to request them (minor detail, but worth mentioning)
- the shower stall was not cleaned during our daily housekeeping

Inconsistent service Scenario #1

After checking into my room, which was situated on the 14th floor, i was surprised and disappointed that my view was facing all the air conditioning units for the hotel. I was hoping to have a view of the Vegas Strip, or if not, any view would have been better than air conditioning units and the concrete roof of the lower lobby. So i made a call to the front desk to ask if i could have a room with a view of the strip. It turns out all rooms with 2 double beds face away from the strip (Wish they would specify this on their website, people should be aware of this before booking, i might have decided to stay elsewhere had i known). I asked the lady i was speaking with what my next best option is, she tells me nothing is available right now and that there is nothing she can do. She didn't try to help the situation and was very blunt when we spoke, i knew i would get no where with her. So after hanging up,one of my bridesmaids decides to call again to see if perhaps the next attendant could be of more help. She was.
She gives us a solution by offering us a king-bed room with a roll-away bed on the 25th floor. That way, we have the view of the strip, and the 3 of us are still able to sleep comfortably with 2 of us sharing the king bed and the 3rd person on the roll away. We took it, and the room was Perfect. We were SO happy with the view, the room was large enough that even with the roll away bed inside we still had lots of room to walk around. And the roll away bed was of a generous size and was just as comfortable as the king bed.

We're not sure why the first lady did not offer us this solution and was being blunt and unhelpful, but we are happy that we made a second call to someone who was willing to help and had our issue rectified.

Inconsistent Service Scenario #2

Each day when we called room service for bottled water, we received it with no problem and no charge. My sister's room called for water, and they said they need to charge them for water. My sister and her bridesmaids did not know at the time that we were getting our water with no problem and they ended up buying their own supply of water downstairs. They never got this problem resolved with the hotel.

Inconsistent Service Scenario #3

Even though the check-in process was long, the person we dealt with was pleasant and well-mannered. However, when i was lining up to settle my bill the evening before i checked out, i encountered the rudest man i have ever met working at a hotel front desk. His behaviour alone would have made me not return to this hotel again.

That evening when i was lining up to settle my bill, it wasn't busy. There were 3 people in line including me. All of us were minding out own business, when one of the front desk personnel calls out to the lady standing at the front of the line that she was lining up wrong. The lady asks where she should be, and he points and waves his hand with an exaggerated motion and says "Line up over there....OVER THERE!". The lady looks back at us and when all of us were still confused where we should be (there were velvet ropes looping across the entire room, turns out we were at the wrong end), he rolls his eyes, waves us off with his hands, and goes on the telephone with another guest. Watching this happen, we were all appalled by the horrendous manners of this front desk clerk.

Anyways, we figured out we should be at the other side of the room so we make our way there and we were all received by the next available counter staff within 5 minutes.
The lady who helped me settle my bill was well mannered and i settled my hotel bill fairly quickly with no issues. At the end of the process, i asked her if i could speak to her manager because i wanted to let him know about the rude front desk clerk for other guest's sake. The manager came out and i told him what had occured. He listened, gave me a generic apology and said he will check the cameras to see if the front desk clerk really did wave his hands at us. I didn't want to make a big deal out of it so i said thank you and walked away. However, i am not impressed with the fact that he needs to check the cameras (why, does he think i'm lying?). The apology he gave was generic and wasn't sincere. It was definitely not the 5-star hotel service i was expecting. It wasn't even 4-stars at that point.

Conclusion:
Even though the hotel rooms are very comfortable, i would not stay at this hotel for it's inconsistent service and rude staff members. When i pay the money i paid for for this 5-star hotel, i have expectations. Wynn hotel did not live up to their 5-star rating during my stay. Very disappointed with the service and i would not be recommending this hotel to my friends nor will i be returning in the future.

PS. I settled my bill the evening prior checking out in cash, then checked out early the next morning. On my Visa statement, i was charged an additional $3.40. I'm not sure where that charge came from and it's too insignificant for me to chase over, but it's annoying to say the least.

Room Tip: All rooms with 2 double beds face AWAY from the strip. If you have 3 people to a room, i suggest yo...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank tsuijing
essex uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

Great place to stay,very comfortable,staff great,polite and helpful.
Pool area very good.good place even if you don't gamble or party.stayed with wife and 16 year old daughter,food in restaurants good.most things expensive but hey it's Vegas

Room Tip: Pick a high floor for best views
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

We couldn't sleep because the music was playing until after 5 am every night we were there. We could here it on the 55th floor. This is ridiculous! Please believe these reviews about the music!! Room was beautiful but who cares if you can't sleep!!

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank Lovevegas77
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

My husband and I got married at the Wynn in April this year.
It was, without doubt, the best day of my life. Not only for all the reasons you'd expect but also because of the spectacular hotel and wedding salons. Our stay (7 nights) was magical.
Everything from the staff to the food to the room to every single area of the hotel was fabulous.
We began planning our wedding 18 months before the big day and our wedding coordinator (Becky) was brilliant, regularly checking in with us to make sure everything was ok, nothing was too much trouble for her or any other member of staff we spoke too.
We ate at the Sinatra restaurant after the ceremony and the staff were so accommodating we and our guests felt like royalty. The wedding cake was phenomenal.
I shed a few tears when we finally had to leave our gorgeous hotel room.
We have the most wonderful memories in the form of our beautiful photographs, thanks to Emily the photographer.
We can't wait to return to Las Vegas for an anniversary and there is only one place we will stay! The Wynn. Thank you Steve!

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple