“AMAZING stay in Las Vegas”
Review of Wynn Las Vegas

Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #4 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 27 November 2013

WOW! We were TRULY impressed with our stay at The Wynn. On previous visits, we have stayed at The Hotel at Mandalay Bay, Polo Towers, and in a Salon Suite at the Bellagio. Our stay at The Wynn has been by far our favorite! We stayed in a Panoramic Strip View King Room on the 34th floor, and the views were stunning. I'll break up the review into a few categories to make it easier to read.

Check-In: Extremely efficient and the staff recognized when the line was getting a bit long (i.e. three people deep) and they directed us to the VIP in check-in to speed up the process. We greatly appreciated this. Everyone was very polite and professional, and made you feel special even though this is clearly a very large resort.

The Lobby: Gorgeous gardens in the lobby that are perfectly manicured. They are working on "something special" in the lobby and even the construction area blended in to the surrounding garden - impressed. The trees and flower arrangements provided a bit of serenity in the hustle and bustle of Las Vegas. Simply loved this area.

The Room: We booked a Panoramic King Size Room. All the rooms are at a minimum suites, so you have a sitting area, table with chairs, and then the sleeping area. The photos posted on The Wynn website reflect EXACTLY what you will getting. Usually I find that professional pictures use special lighting to get beautiful effects going in their rooms, but the lighting you see in the photos is the lighting you will have in the room. I found the warm light to be very inviting, calming, relaxing, and it made coming back our room a pleasure every evening. The bed was very comfortable, high quality sheets, duvet and pillows. Housekeeping even put out slippers on a little mat on each side of the bed each night for us - very nice touch!
Quality of sleep: Amazing! You could NOT hear a peep from the hallway, very quiet and seemingly great sound proofing in the room.

The bathroom: Great soaking tub, true steam shower that is very large, separate toilet area with an exhaust fan that truly works (this is so rare in hotels), and double sinks. There is even great lighting in the bathroom - in the evening you can turn on lights that shine just below the sinks making it the most creative and comforting bathroom night light I've ever experienced. Plenty of towels, tv in the bathroom, quality hair dryer, and The Wynn toiletries were of high quality, as well.

Restaurants:
Buffet: We ate a few times at the buffet and it was incredibly good! There is no reason to try any other buffets on the strip (we tried the Bacchanal at Caesars - what a waste of time and money), so if you're going for a buffet, hands down go with The Wynn. They had amazing, large crab legs, a variety of sushi and Asian foods, even the waffle battered fried chicken was amazing (and I do not ever care for fried chicken). The amount and variety of desserts is simply mind blowing. We had both breakfast and dinner here and were not disappointed.

Terrace Pointe Cafe: I'm still daydreaming about the Lobster Eggs Benedict with asparagus I had here. When it came out it was a bit cool for my taste and I mentioned it to our server who immediately took care of the issue (they brought me a fresh, hot new meal) and apologized multiple times profusely. I really was not upset about it, just was hoping for it be heated up, but they went above and beyond my expectations - very grateful for such awesome service.

Bartolotta: We ate here while celebrating our second wedding anniversary and my husband's birthday. My husband made reservations (make reservations!!) and asked if we could sit outside; there is a minimum per person tab amount to guarantee a spot outside near the lake. We understood and opted not to go with this option. HOWEVER, upon our arrival, we asked again if we could be seated outside and they had one spot left. The Maitre 'D kindly seated us outside. It was a bit chilly when we walked outside, but we quickly found out they have heaters above the table that radiate warmth onto you. I was also offered a wrap for my shoulders. Service was impeccable!! The servers come by with case of fish to display what is available and then explain how the whole ordering process works. Overall, an incredibly memorable dining experience with truly impeccable cuisine!

Swimming pools: We traveled at the beginning of October and it was a little bit cool during our stay (70's). The pool was not crowded according to the staff's standards, but the towel game was in full force. There were plenty of chairs in the shade, but again it was a bit cool (no humidity to retain the warm air so 70 feels cooler here than in St. Louis) so who wants to sits in the shade. In the sun there were PLENTY of chairs, but they were taken up by towels of people who didn't seem to be at the pool (they weren't in the pool and weren't really in sight). Oh well, just plan ahead and come early and play the game, right? Alternatively, you could get a cabana or you can get a room in the Tower Suites where the guests have access to their own separate pools on the second level of the pool decks. We didn't figure this out until the last day of our stay (though we were not prive to this as we didn't stay in the Tower Suites). It's something we'd consider for our next stay though.

Casino: Dealers were all kind, friendly, and engaging. They all seemed to truly enjoy their jobs and the people they interacted with. Drink service was a bit slow on some nights, but I ordered champagne each time and each night and no one batted an eye. One pit boss even complimented my choice.

Valet: Surprisingly slow! When we first arrived, they took quiet a bit of time to approach us at our car. We got out, started taking out luggage in the end because it didn't seem worth it to wait for them to help us out, which is fine, just surprising. Then when we went to get our car back in the afternoon, they lost the car...seriously lost the car. Apparently someone wrote the ticket wrong and switched things around so they had to ask us what our car looked like (color, model, make, etc.) for them to find it - 20 minutes later it arrived. Valet certainly is convenient, but overall slow.

Fellow guests: This is a high end hotel, and the guests generally reflect this. I played craps with a guy who put down $50,000 on the table and played at least $1000 on the pass line. Although he was kind to me, he definitely wanted people to realize how much he was playing. I wouldn't say the majority of people acted this way, but you'll certainly have those sorts of people around, and the casino certainly encourages these types to play (hey, it's a business, not a charity). Overall, people are nice, generally courteous, and I would stay here again without any question.

Overall impression: We can't wait to go back and we will only stay at The Wynn now. Loved it!

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to give a $20 tip at check-in and ask if there are any "available upgrades...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Islands0821
Write a ReviewReviews (18,750)

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Amazing hotel, amazing room, amazing service, amazing staff, amazing restaurants and entertainment and an amazing casino!! Why stay anywhere else in Las Vegas - best hotel on the strip with fantastic service and ambience.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nick B
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Everything about this hotel was great except for the final experience. Food, drinks, comfortable room, cleanliness - all were top notch. I accidentally left valuables behind in the hotel safe. Although my passport and wallet were found and returned, a silver pendant by a traditional Navajo craftsman that I had purchased from the Flagstaff Museum "was missing", and the excuse provided was that the safe had not been secured. I'm pretty sure that I had secured the safe the day before, but the hotel denied all responsibility. An email to the General Manager was sent, and I've had no response thus far. It's left a very bad taste in the mouth - there's no way of recovering this unique piece, and no way of proving theft or otherwise. I would caution anyone staying there to be VERY careful with the hotel safe system and triple check everything before you leave. And if you leave things behind, don't expect all will be returned.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Joseph T
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Hotel check-in was easy. Staff very friendly...had late check-in around 6:00pm...hotel is very easy to get around in...cannot get lost like in some large casinos hotels. Restaurants terrific and buffet the best...red card players can get passes in line for buffet...works well. Highly recommend this property for friends, family and honeymooners.

Room Tip: If you do not like heights make sure to request low floor when booking...views are spectacular way u...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rose L
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in a tower suite room. The room and particularly the bathroom, is gorgeous. The service is phenomenal and attention to detail noticeable. We stayed here primarily because of the vegan dining options in all restaurants. Food was delicious and gave us a lot of choices, but it is quite expensive. We ordered room service for breakfast... Two vegan egg dishes, two mimosas and a hot tea cost over $100 with the service fees and gratuity they add in. Also tough to find lower limit table games, but I suppose that's to be expected. All in all, a lovely place.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michelle K
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We had our wedding at the Wynn Salons as well as staying there for a little over a week and it was just amazing! We loved every second of it. Could not have asked for better service! The ladies at the Wedding Salons were just beautiful inside and out - they helped me with every step, answered every question, they took the stress out of my special day. Not to mention the photography is AMAZING!
The rooms were very spacious and the views were awesome! We had room service which was delicious. We would stay there again for sure! Thank you to all at Wynn for making our stay memorable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elle290
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed at the Wynn Encore Tower Suites for a recent conference. Steve Wynn gets it! Attention to every last detail. All other resort operators should stay at the Wynn and be given a notepad upon their arrival for copious note taking. The hotel is perfectly clean, refined, appointed and serviced. If you plan to visit Vegas, visit all of the nice hotels in vegas, but stay at the Wynn!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business