“Not what I expected”

Ranked #5 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
New York City, New York
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This place was beautiful. It's in a great location. The rooms are beautiful. Everything is high tech right down to the curtains. The restaurants are great. Everything is great. BUT. We paid $520 a night for our room. The restaurants are as expensive as the rooms. When I pay that much for something I don't expect to be nickel and dimmed over every little thing. They charge extra for wifi, per day per device. They charge a resort fee. You would think that would be included in the $520 a day but it's extra. They charge a printing fee to print your boarding passes. There was a room in the lobby that had a Ferrari exhibit. It looked like there were four or five cars in the room. When me and my wife were walking in, they stopped us and said that will be $20. I wasn't going to pay $20 for something I could see on the strip. When I went to take a picture the girl yelled at me and said "No Photos". I won't tell you what I said to her about her car exhibit. In all fairness there are other hotels that charge a Resort fee but you usually get something for it unlike this place. So if you want super luxury and don't mind the B S that comes along with it, stay at the Wynn. Otherwise go somewhere else.

Room Tip: We got a corner room on one of the higher floors facing the strip and the view was incredible.
3 Thank bobbyfdny

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,413)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Although the Wynn is showing a bit of age, it's still a nice property . A couple things, the dimmer in the bathroom and the closet light were inoperable. A few nicks here & there on the furniture and the TV's and beds could be/ should be ready for upgrading. I mention it only because it's been a few years since it's opened and the room price it still pretty high- so really everything should be perfect. The $25 daily resort fee covered the gym which is big and well equipped, it also covers free phone use- but the phone didn't work for hours after we checked in- and we got zero cell service in our room- must be all that metal, but it was frustrating. Upgrade cost us $30 per night and got us the standard room , but on floor 51.

I think next time we'll try the Encore if we stay at that end of the Strip.

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed the stay. It was in the middle of the strip and nearby many places. Would come back and stay again. I room service was prompt and accurate. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Loved the express check out option.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Gorgeous.....Impeccable...Staff is amazing! This hotel is well managed and exceeded all our expectations. Management and staff are eager to accommodate. Truly the finest hotel experience in Las Vegas.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Denver, CO
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The Wynn/Encore complex is so nice that one never really has to leave. Service and amenities are always impeccable. We did leave however, because the food prices seem over the top. Not too much of a complaint though because we do like to venture out and try off strip restaurants.

Room Tip: For only 25 more i was able to upgrade to a top floor room with pano-views.
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Myself and three friends visited vegas two weeks ago 12-18th April.

I have been to Vegas before and had experience with the other properties

Let's start with the good
It's a beautiful hotel with a grand entrance and stands as the jewel of the strip

The room was big and comfortable and the bathroom was great too..

The service however throughout the hotel was below average.
Firstly we had issues with the air con and it was too hot in the room despite telling someone it took them 2 days to come and take a look... They didn't make a difference and apparently it was the groups fault as we set it wrong... Yeah ok I've stayed in around 600 hotels in my life not had this issue but fine

Then the cleaning service oh dear it's a big hotel so to be fair they have a lot to get through if they turned up on time but apparently they did not come even though I had phoned them because my group had "accidentally" put on a do not disturb sign

Can you see a pattern? Everything that goes wrong seems to be down to the guest

Then we went to the Wynn buffet one day and the server was exceptionally rude and unwelcoming ... And this was resolved with an apology

Anyway taking all these things in to consideration I spoke to the general manager and they said as a gesture of good will they will take of $50 of our room bill... It's not money I wanted it's service but fine.

Then when we came to check out this information had not been passed so I had to explain myself all over again...

These may be small things but when you are staying at a 5* deluxe property u expect better service ... Like I said I've travelled all over the world and United States stayed in lots of big name hotels and independent hotels but this was not good and I will not stay ever again.. Try the pallazo/ Venetian next door it's fabulous!

Oh and the wifi every other hotel on the strip the wifi works just fine at the Wynn u can't connect most of the time and even when you have paid for wifi it doesn't work by the pool!

Vegas is an epic place! Enjoy but stay somewhere with better service!

1 Thank Meera B
Short Hills, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed at the Wynn for 4 nights at the end of April and were delighted with the accommodations and exceptional service of all personnel. The entire resort complex is built with unparalleled attention to detail and comfort for guests. Light and sound show during Saturday night dinner at Lakeside was a pleasant
surprise.