“Loved it!”
Review of Wynn Las Vegas

Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #4 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Huge, beautiful room with floor to ceiling window looking over the strip. Loved everything about the hotel. The buffet breakfast is quite an experience, everything you could possible think of for breakfast is available. My favourite hotel room ever. Staff very helpful. Such a lovely experience.
Hope I can save up to go again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 May 2014

What a lovely hotel and property. We visit Wynn twice a year ( and have done so since it's opening) and are always made to feel pampered and thoroughly spoiled. The atmosphere is lovely as is the pool area, the restaurants are fabulous and the rooms are fine, and above all, the staff members do their best to keep us happy. The gaming areas are great and for us, the slot machines and High Stakes Limit room, fantastic.
My husband and I would recommend Wynn as THE perfect place to enjoy a fun and fabulous vacation getaway. It lacks nothing!

Room Tip: Rooms on the north/east side can be noisy due to the music at the Encore Beach Club next door. Ask a...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2014

The hotel is absolutely stunning, we upgraded to the highest floor which had great views. I regret that we were facing the golf course and the noise from the clubs could be heard which was annoying. We did complain and they offered us a room on a lower floor??? We stayed because it was only at the weekend however when we came to settle our bill they were apologetic and reduced our bill by $100.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mandybell57
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We loved staying here ; you are down toward the end of the strip and it is not as hectic; the pool is just wonderful and you can opt for a private poolside cabana if it is a special occasion. The service is wonderful but know this is not a budget hotel; you might get your rooms on a deal but a coffee and bagel will set you back about $15. If you are only in Vegas a couple of nights this is a class act and great place to stay; beautiful rooms with killer views.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor with a view toward the strip
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MSW
Reviewed 3 May 2014

So it's been about 9 years since I last stayed at the Wynn, I thought it might be time to update my last review.

Positives:

1. Rooms are amazing. Clean, sleekly furnished, and spacious. I'm sure many people have mentioned this, but the bedding is outstanding. Your head hits the pillow and you are out. We were on the 54th floor facing the golf course. This was the quiet side of the building. Wonderful views, although my preference would have been looking at the strip.

2. Pool is large enough to find seating during the week, although like any other property, you need to get down there early to get a good seat.

3. Tons of restaurant options throughout the casino and the connected Encore.

4. Workout facility was clean and has a decent amount of options available, but you need to get down there early on the weekends. It gets crowded and you might be waiting for a treadmill.

Could be Better:

1. While the service throughout the hotel was solid and there were kind people throughout, there were some people that just felt like they didn't want to to be there. They were a bit icy when asked questions and for the amount of money I'm paying to stay here, I guess I expect everyone to have huge, welcoming smiles on their faces at all times.

2. Bathrooms at the pool could be cleaner. Water in the pool could be cleaner (I saw them cleaning the pool water once while I was there, but by the afternoon, there was crap floating around everywhere).

3. By about mid-afternoon, if you are interested in sunshine, one of the pools is the ONLY option you'll have. The pool closest to Terrace Point Cafe (and closest to the actual building) is completely in the shade. The other smaller pool gets VERY crowded late in the day, so prepare wisely.

4. Smoking options. There is probably zero chance this could be addressed, but having a section of the pool become NON-smoking would be wonderful. I know this is Vegas, but still, I had to throw it out there.

5. The drinking water made available for free (I know, something FREE at the Wynn, it's crazy, right?) tastes like cleaning solution. Please fix this!!

6. I'm definitely not a high-roller when it comes to gambling, but I was disappointed in the amount of .25 cent slot options on the floor. Aria, Bellagio, Palazzo, and Venetian are all much better at this and all the same caliber of hotel (in my humble opinion).

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay here and would still absolutely return. Maybe I won't take 9 years to come back next time!

Room Tip: High floors facing the golf course are the quiet areas/
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank EFEforme
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Hotel is beautiful. Rooms are very confortable but they smell like smoke. I had the request for a non smoking room but my room had this terrible.... I loved the pool, restaurants....
if you make a reservation on booking.com you are probably staying on the worse view and not a high floor.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Traveled with the family and enjoyed our 3-night stay at Wynn.

Checked in at around 5:30pm upon arrival. Wait time was no more than 3 minutes. The representative at the guest registration was pleasant. Check out was also swift and without any surprises. The short wait times were probably due to the fact there were no large conventions in town during our stay.

Our room was a non-smoking room on a mid-level floor facing the Strip. Everything was what I would expect from a highly rated property and consistent with many of the 5-star reviews on this web site. One exception being the Red 8 Chinese restaurant at Wynn. We were in a hurry to catch the Le Reve show at 7pm and just wanted to have a quick dinner with fried rice, chow fun, and chow mein sort of dishes. The food was decent but a bit pricey as expected. However it was quite surprising a restaurant inside a luxury hotel would have patrons use wooden chopsticks as commonly found in cheap fast food places!

We thought the Buffet brunch at Wynn was ok. The Bacchanal Buffet at Caesars Palace offered a wider food selections and the food was tastier to our liking.

Below are a few quick tips hope you will find useful:

A $25 daily resort charge includes: a) unlimited local, domestic long distance (including HI and AK) and toll free calls. b) In-room internet. c) Fitness center access (the fitness center is well equipped).

Use the Valet on the south gate entrance off Sands Avenue instead of the one at the main entrance. Less crowds = Faster service.

The self-park garage is easy to find with the entrance on Las Vegas Blvd (on the North side of Wynn/Encore pass Encore). The walk back to Wynn’s main entrance takes roughly 5+ minutes. However valet parking is much preferred for the added convenience, especially during the hot summer months.

If you drive, leave the stroller(s) in the vehicle if possible since strollers are technically not allowed on premise.

The Pool (main pool) hours are 8am – 6pm (but vary with season). We enjoyed the nice pool.

If possible, avoid the lower and the highest floors due to noise concerns.

Bed sheets only get changed once every 3 nights unless specific requests are made to the front desk. We were ok with this water conservation measure given the severe drought condition in California / Sierra Nevada areas.

Renting a car is not a bad idea if you are traveling with a family / party since all the hotels on and near the Strip offer free self-parking.

Side note: Be sure to check out the Fremont Street Experience on the north side of town.

A “Helpful” vote will be very much appreciated if you find my review informative. Thank you.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family