“Very high class”

Ranked #5 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
New York City, New York
“Very high class”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I've stayed at several Las Vegas hotels in the past but this was my first time at the Wynn and I was blown away. It's luxurious, clean, the staff is helpful and when you're walking around the casino you don't feel like you're in a big cloud of smoke.

I had a corner room and it was fantastic. The views were spectacular and the accommodations were first class.

The only complaint I have is that they charge for everything!! I had some leftover sushi that I didn't want to go to waste so I placed it in the mini fridge. When I got back I noticed that it was removed from the fridge by the housekeeping staff. I immediately called the front desk and was told that there is a daily service fee of $25 to use the mini fridge. The housekeeper was nice enough to bring the food back and because I wasn't aware of the fee, decided to waive it from my account. They also charge a daily wifi rate of $15.95, which I think is a bit ridiculous since they're already charging a daily resort fee of $25!

Other than that the hotel is beautiful, the food options are great and the pools are relaxing. I will definitely stay here again when I'm back in Vegas.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Mellony T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,448)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
George Town, null, Cayman Islands
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The Wynn has never disappointed me. This hotel has everything you need and then some. It is beautifully maintained and you feel like a million bricks walking through without feeling stuffy and over the top.
The rooms are a good size and bathrooms are very well appointed with nice toiletries, the bathtub is a large soaking tub needed for the long days and nights.
Restaurants are good quality, I wish I could say better than good but there are fabulous restaurants in Vegas. We had the buffet, SW steak house, Red 8, and the Drugstore cafe. Service is great.
We had the second from the top room, views are wonderful but the higher up you are the more stops you have to make going up and down, just a note.
The spa is world class and would recommend it.
I love this hotel, have stayed here 4 times and at least 6 other hotels in Vegas, will always look fir the Wynn.
Enjoy, we did.

Room Tip: There is a resort fee but it includes wifi plus other extras. Cannot use mini fridge for outside dr...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Denise S
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 16 July 2014

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, right? Not when staying here! Believe me; book a room here and you'll be bragging to everyone on the Strip and back home about how awesome the Wynn is...that is if you even want to leave the hotel! Just having a Wynn keycard gives you instant credibility and attention no matter where you go on the Strip.

Ok, so the fabulous experience begins when pulling into the front port behing the Rolls Royce house car and next to the Ferrari dealer. And of course nothing says instant class like a $23 million statue of Popeye in the esplanade! Shawn did an outstanding job of checking me in and telling me about available upgrades. Usually this process gives me flashbacks of a used car salesman I once knew, but Shawn executed the check-in perfectly, wasn't pushy, and I was happy with the upgrade. Robert, the Tower Suites concierge, was extremely helpful and respectful. No noses in air here! And even though I was tight on cash and couldn't make reservations at the destinations he recomended, he still took the time to walk me outside and show me where the pools where. In my opinion, caring even when money isn't spent, is the true test of genuine hospitality! The room was just absolutely gorgeous! Read my other reviews. I've stayed at some beautiful properties, but the Wynn far surpasses all of them in room quality and service. The pool was calm and relaxing, especially the adult pool, and the food was perfectly prepared with the staff even customizing my breakfast order.

So, the bottom line is this. Skip a trip somewhere else so you can save the money to stay at the Wynn and experience Las Vegas the way it was ment to be experienced...In luxury!

Room Tip: Spend the extra to get a room in the Tower Suites! The rooms are a bit larger and you get insider ac...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank spartin117117
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent 4 nights at the Wynn Tower Suites and it is by far the nicest hotel in Las Vegas. This was my husbands first trip to Vegas and we began to venture down the strip, looked at each other and decided there was no reason to leave the Wynn turned around and went back after about 20 minutes. The customer service was the best, the rooms are spacious and there is so many places to dine throughout this resort. Can't wait to return. Thank you Wynn for an awesome experience.

• Stayed July 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Third stay in Vegas and definitely the best hotel I've stayed in (beats the Bellagio, the last stay).
Restaurants are quality and a great selection. Our panoramic room was excellent, but typical Vegas style, it's only the air you breath that you don't pay extra for and there lies an irritation.
Smoking is only allowed in the casino area and certain bedroom floors, in theory. In practice this is not policed and smoking goes on pretty much everywhere and as a non-smoker who selected a non-smoking floor, it made no difference no one seems to care. I guess one has to shut up and put up. Shame, as proper policing could keep everyone happy.

Room Tip: The famous pool parties will keep you awake on the pool side of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank familymanfan
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Top of the line everything. Rooms are suites, clubs are great, buffet is one of the bets in Vegas. Hands down of the the top hotels in Las Vegas. Cant go wrong with the Wynn or the Encore when staying in Vegas.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
New York City, New York

This review is for people considering Wynn vs. Encore

We tried to book into the Encore (having been v. impressed last time) but was offered the Wynn as the Encore was full. We were initially disappointed, knowing the Encore is newer with larger rooms and access to more pools. However, on reflection I think the Wynn wins.

The Wynn is located just that little bit closer to other hotels on the strip, and it is amazing how much of a difference that makes on a day to day basis. You do a lot of walking when you stay in the Encore. The Wynn's casino is much larger and livelier, whereas sometimes at the Encore you really felt like you're not in the action.

The rooms are a great size and have better views than the Encore (over a golf course, rather than parking lots and Motels), albeit I prefer the decor in the Encore.

I think there are more dining options in the Wynn too. We ate at Mizumi, the Japanese restaurant, and Allegro, the late night night Italian. Both were very good. We also had drinks at the Parasol bar which has a waterfall / light / art performance every 30 minutes which was really fun and something I'd highly recommend.

The downside with being in the Wynn means you CANNOT access the Encore's pools (which I think is ridiculous), and the rooms have less of the WOW factor of the Encore, albeit they are still very nice. Wynn is marginally cheaper, but both hotels are expensive.

Overall both the Wynn and Encore are fantastic. In my opinion Encore is slightly 'showier' with lots of groups of giggling girls in Louboutins, whereas the Wynn is slightly more 'sophisticated' with a more mature crowd.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends