“Average at best”
Review of Wynn Las Vegas

Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #4 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

For the price we paid and for a 5 star hotel, you would think there would be wifi included in the price, but instead we were flogged with a $59 additional "resort fee" that granted us access to the gym, pool and free wifi.

The entire time I was there, it seemed like they were only good at one thing and that was trying to take my money and not honouring what we originally paid for. Yes I know it's Vegas and yes I know it's a gambling hub, but to be honest the fancy surroundings, trying to get us to "upgrade" to a bigger room and unnecessary facilities left a sour taste in our mouth.

We won't be coming back here again unfortunately.

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Kennyk84

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Loved the Wynn!! Second time staying there and will definitely go back. The pool was wonderful and the service was excellent. Very classy hotel. Had a room on the 27th floor overlooking the strip. The view was wonderful. Our only complaint was that we could not win anything on the slots there. Overall our stay was 5 stars.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I've stayed at several Las Vegas hotels in the past but this was my first time at the Wynn and I was blown away. It's luxurious, clean, the staff is helpful and when you're walking around the casino you don't feel like you're in a big cloud of smoke.

I had a corner room and it was fantastic. The views were spectacular and the accommodations were first class.

The only complaint I have is that they charge for everything!! I had some leftover sushi that I didn't want to go to waste so I placed it in the mini fridge. When I got back I noticed that it was removed from the fridge by the housekeeping staff. I immediately called the front desk and was told that there is a daily service fee of $25 to use the mini fridge. The housekeeper was nice enough to bring the food back and because I wasn't aware of the fee, decided to waive it from my account. They also charge a daily wifi rate of $15.95, which I think is a bit ridiculous since they're already charging a daily resort fee of $25!

Other than that the hotel is beautiful, the food options are great and the pools are relaxing. I will definitely stay here again when I'm back in Vegas.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Mellony T
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The Wynn has never disappointed me. This hotel has everything you need and then some. It is beautifully maintained and you feel like a million bricks walking through without feeling stuffy and over the top.
The rooms are a good size and bathrooms are very well appointed with nice toiletries, the bathtub is a large soaking tub needed for the long days and nights.
Restaurants are good quality, I wish I could say better than good but there are fabulous restaurants in Vegas. We had the buffet, SW steak house, Red 8, and the Drugstore cafe. Service is great.
We had the second from the top room, views are wonderful but the higher up you are the more stops you have to make going up and down, just a note.
The spa is world class and would recommend it.
I love this hotel, have stayed here 4 times and at least 6 other hotels in Vegas, will always look fir the Wynn.
Enjoy, we did.

Room Tip: There is a resort fee but it includes wifi plus other extras. Cannot use mini fridge for outside dr...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Denise S
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent 4 nights at the Wynn Tower Suites and it is by far the nicest hotel in Las Vegas. This was my husbands first trip to Vegas and we began to venture down the strip, looked at each other and decided there was no reason to leave the Wynn turned around and went back after about 20 minutes. The customer service was the best, the rooms are spacious and there is so many places to dine throughout this resort. Can't wait to return. Thank you Wynn for an awesome experience.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Third stay in Vegas and definitely the best hotel I've stayed in (beats the Bellagio, the last stay).
Restaurants are quality and a great selection. Our panoramic room was excellent, but typical Vegas style, it's only the air you breath that you don't pay extra for and there lies an irritation.
Smoking is only allowed in the casino area and certain bedroom floors, in theory. In practice this is not policed and smoking goes on pretty much everywhere and as a non-smoker who selected a non-smoking floor, it made no difference no one seems to care. I guess one has to shut up and put up. Shame, as proper policing could keep everyone happy.

Room Tip: The famous pool parties will keep you awake on the pool side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank familymanfan
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Top of the line everything. Rooms are suites, clubs are great, buffet is one of the bets in Vegas. Hands down of the the top hotels in Las Vegas. Cant go wrong with the Wynn or the Encore when staying in Vegas.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends