“A Vegas Must”

Ranked #5 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
New York City, New York
“A Vegas Must”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Have been going to Vegas annually since 1983 and have stayed many places. Now I always stay at Wynn. I have booked at least a night when I am at the Wynn at new properties like the Mandarin and Cosmopolitan but prefer the Wynn. Great rooms and views. The best service and the concierge is outstanding. My family and I have asked for some strange tough things and they have turned them cheerfully (a birthday cake that looked like a wrapped present, a rare coin store with Roman coins). The casino is the classiest and most pleasant to walk through. All the restaurants are great (Red 8 a special favorite). Connection to the Encore a plus with the chance to gamble with daylight and windows abounding. Gets it all right for the high expectation traveler.

Room Tip: All views are equal so get a room facing away from club noise if you want it quieter--I never find n...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,442)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I just got married at Wynn over the weekend and was blown away by everything. The staff was very helpful, the room was amazing, restaurants were unbelievable. I do not think I could say enough good things about this place. Without a doubt, next time I return to Vegas I will be staying here again

• Stayed August 2014
England
Reviewed 27 August 2014

This a gorgeous hotel, absolutely stunning right through. The room was amazing with a beautiful view of the strip and Las Vegas. Lots of great facilities on site, pool, casino, entertainment, restaurant, all fab and very friendly staff.

Great location on the strip, next to the Venetian, the Treasure Island and across from the shopping mall.

If you want a bit of luxury definitely book the Wynn, it's gorgeous!

My only problem was they tried to charge us for mini bar items we hadn't had. It's hard to keep track but it's important that you do incase they try this. Luckily they did take those items off when we questioned it.

Otherwise a fantastic holiday!

We stayed in June 2006 but the site won't let me select this date.

Room Tip: Ours was a strip-view room and I can highly recommend it!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Fantastic facility with absolutely everything readily available,great accommodation with enthusiastic and helpful staff. Everything that portrays Las Vegas can be found within the hotel confines including fine food and of course the gaming

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights with my wife on our honeymoon in July. On arrival we were blown away by the beauty and cleanliness of the hotel. The staff at reception asked us to put a $400 hold on my credit card for incidentals, and I explained that we didn't have the money left as we needed that for the last leg of our stay. After a brief chat with a supervisor and after mentioning it was our honeymoon, they reduced it to a $200 hold, gave us a $100 food and beverage voucher for the hotel and upgraded our room to an AMAZING suite on the 47th floor with a spectacular view of the city, and later checkout.

Wynn has by far the best casino in Vegas (many of the others are quite disappointing, and surprisingly have nothing on Crown Casino in my hometown of Melbourne, despite Vegas' status as the casino capital of the world). Really there is nothing negative to say about this hotel other than 2 very minor things - you can't get a hot snack after midnight, other than sitting down at a restaurant for $20+pp (ie. no pizza, hot dogs, or other junk food to be found anywhere) and Wynn is in a quieter area of the strip which has less on-street atmosphere than the Strip near the Bellagio, etc. But that is a matter of age, personal preference, and budget - many discerning travellers would prefer to be away from the street performers, beggars and drunks which are down the other end of the Strip.

I would definitely recommend staying at the Wynn at least once in your life as it was an amazing experience. Head to Red8 for a great Chinese dinner - much better food than the more well-known Tao Bistro.

Room Tip: Mention it's your honeymoon!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I won this trip at work. I had to provide them with 3 hotels, they choose the Wynn from those three. 2 nights & airfare paid.
When I checked in I was told there would be a charge of $28 per night for incidentals. Internet, fitness center access and they will print your boarding pass! All for $28 a night.
The room was nice, the hotel was nice, but I haven't paid for internet since 2004/2005 at a hotel.
At $600+ for 2 nights you would think they could provide Internet. They also BLOCK the internet in your room and bathroom (little disks mounted on the walls in the rooms).
Resort Hotels are supposed to be more expensive, that is a given. I declined to eat all my meals at the property after hearing of the Internet fees. I only ate one lunch there.
This hotel is at the north end of the strip, great if you have a car. If you are using taxis or walking, I suggest you select a hotel further south on the strip.
I would have given them a 5 star if not for the Internet and crazy food prices. The buffet was not a buffet- It was $50 for dinner and you wait in a line at cooking stations- not a true buffet.
They do have free parking in the garage which is a plus, but I did not rent a car for this trip.
There is a great restaurant across the street in the fashion mall, Maggianos. I totally recommend it if you are staying at the Wynn.

Room Tip: decline the extra $30 a night for a higher floor, odds are you may end up there anyway like I did.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank flagone
Cave Creek, Arizona
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed here for 2 weekend nights & here's the run down:
room: great on high floor over looking pool & golf course.
room: friend had items missing from room - no follow up from security.
spa/fitness center: was so-so dated spa & just blah for being in the Wynn.
parasol down bar /show: great little bar & Lake of Dreams show was great.
black jack: old grumpy dealers
craps: great energy dealers

Conclusion: we like MGM properties better!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends