“Ok, but the Wynn has yet to get the Service of a Corporate Level 5-Star”
Review of Wynn Las Vegas

Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #5 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Ok, but the Wynn has yet to get the Service of a Corporate Level 5-Star”
Reviewed 19 January 2009

I stayed in the Tower Suites, about as close as you will get to a true 5-star in Vegas (Four Seasons I don't count because it is basically the Mandalay Bay). The hotel has a very fake feel to it, something the Ritz, the Four Seasons, or the Mandarin Oriental are of much higher quality when it comes to decorations. The room service was definitely not the best I had, and over a few days taste bland. The restaurants were OK, with Red 8 being good, but seemed very much like an expensive P.F. Changs. The SW Steakhouse was meh, and a better meal can be found at Cut across the bridge at the Palazzo. The quality of the room was good, but I found the bath tub to be unimpressive (most 5-star hotels I have stayed in have multiple sources of water, including a sprayer of some sort). The TV in the bathroom, is a useless gimmick because it does not swivel so it is easier to see when in the shower. The floor to ceiling windows are definitely a nice touch, however the button shades seem to be more of a wow factor, as it would be very easy to do yourself. The lack of balconies in any level of room also lowers the value. This hotel is also very unfriendly to those under 21, while a 5-star hotel will be more neutral to any age, Steve almost discouraged everyone underage from entering the hotel. The stores were also over the top expensive, compared to buying them in another place or just across the street at the reputable Neiman Marcus. The Ferrari Dealership was also a Gimmick and with their pricing, if I was in the market for a Ferrari I would not be willing to pay the markup. The rest of the hotel was very casino oriented, and the various fountains and outdoor sights were less than amazing and with the cast of Encore in the background it seriously took away from their beauty.

Also be careful of pricing of certain items you take for granted. For example, a OpusX cigar, at it's rarest value would sell for anywhere between $12-$30, the Wynn asked for an astonishing $78. You will not find a soda in this place for less than $5.

Le Reve was a knock off of Cirque De Soleil, where it seemed like there was more spending on the stage than the actual performance.

The Spa was very good, although the more than public waiting area gave a feeling of awkwardness when just wearing a robe. the pricing on the massages were however reasonable.

Also, don't expect a house car like a Four Seasons or a Mandarin Oriental, as the Rolls Royces are only for high-rollers, with no alternative. During my stays at various Mandarin Orientals, the house cars were always accessible if scheduled in advance.

The golf course, seemed nice although I did not get to play on it.

If I were to do it again, I would stay at the New Mandarin (opening the end of this year), or at the Palazzo next store.

• Liked — The Concierge was Efficient.
  • Disliked — Fakeness (if that is a word)
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank coold8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,470)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 19 January 2009

I had been to Wynn many times to gamble and to eat at the excellent buffet. I had always thought it was not that much better than a couple of the other top hotels in Vegas.

When I checked in for the first time, I realized what a great property this is. The room is gorgeous, with plenty of room, a great bathroom, and in my room, a great view. The entire ambience is unmatched in any other Vegas hotel. I could go on and on, but this place is great.

The service is also good for the most part. The buffet staff are a rather snippy and the bell desk helped us to book a tour but made a small mistake. They charged me double, and there was a mixup with my reservation, but they ultimately resolved it.

Every aspect of luxury has been covered in this hotel, and suffice it to say you won't be sorry you stayed here. It was also the first time I stayed on one of the mid-level floors (34) in a hotel and was blown away with the view and quality.

• Liked — No detail overlooked, beautiful room
  • Disliked — Back office, although this is a minor issue that was happily resolved
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Andrew H
Woodbridge, Canada
Reviewed 18 January 2009

I have stayed at the Wynn twice. Jan. 07 and Jan 08. The Wynn is a gorgeous hotel. The rooms are very nice, the bedding was amazing and the service in the hotel was quite good as well. I loved the pools, the bars, and the nightclubs, they are all beautifully done up, and great service.

I didnt like the food at the restaurant/bar right by the pool. For the price I paid for sandwiches, it was not worth it at all. The hotel's coffee( 3 dollars for the small) was awful and I'm not a picky coffee drinker. The thing that really bothered me and other guests staying there was all the noise at night.(this only happened on our second stay). I could hear the dj's pumping music in the night clubs til 3 or 4 a.m. Our friends had the same problem and we both had floors way up high in the building. I could literally sing along to the words, thats quite shocking considering the price you pay to stay here.

My advice: bring earplugs, and some sleeping pills or advil to help u sleep if necessary. Other than that it is an amazing hotel.

• Liked — restaurants, bars, nightclubs, pool
  • Disliked — noise level at night
  • Stayed January 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank retrotrish
Oakland, CA
Reviewed 18 January 2009

We just enjoyed two nights at the Wynn Hotel. Rooms were huge, beautiful windows with great views, marble bathrooms, luscious sheets... everything you want in a high end hotel. The hotel restaurants were exquisite (Okada was awesome!) and La Reve, the show that is housed at the Wynn, is unbelievably beautiful, not to miss under any circumstance!

When we checked in they offered us an "upgrade" to their new hotel, Encore, right next door. The Encore is all suites so the rooms are supposedly bigger, although we were unable to stay there because they only had king beds available and we wanted 2 doubles. Nonetheless, super nice to offer the free upgrade.

The only complaint I had was that the housekeeping was so far below average, it was truly bizarre given the spectacular attention to detail in the rest of the hotel. We got there and the sink was filthy. It smelled like someone had thrown up in it. The floors looked unvacuumed. Of course, they were very apologetic and came to clean the sink immediately. The next day they literally skipped cleaning the room. We hadn't left a privacy sign on the door so there was no reason for the lack of attention. When we called to request cleaning that evening, they were very apologetic and agreed to send someone at 8pm. Of course, at 7pm, just upon getting out of the shower, housekeeping came to clean at the absolute worst time possible so we sent them away. Also, there was a broken lamp in our room.... obviously this didn't ruin the experience, but it was about as shoddy as shoddy gets for housekeeping. I'm a big housekeeping tipper and hated that I couldn't justify leaving a tip.

All in all, I'd return to the Wynn in a heartbeat, and enjoy it for all its worth!

• Stayed January 2009
5 Thank Alissa H
iowa
Reviewed 12 January 2009

We stayed 2 nights here and 2 nights at Bellagio (not fountain view). There was no comparison in the rooms. Wynn was big, light and airy, Bellagio smaller and darker, the lower ceiling made it seem even smaller. The best feature of the room was the floor to ceiling windows with a view of the golf course and mountains.

We ate at the buffet because it was comped but weren't really thrilled with it. I had read good reviews but there was nothing outstanding about it. If I'd had to pay full price ($68 for dinner for 2) I would have been upset. They do have split crab legs but I prefer crab to be hot instead of ice cold. If you go at 4 pm there's no wait but at 8 pm there were lines winding around forever.

We had a tour of the new Encore and think it would be even nicer to stay at.

• Liked — Room
  • Disliked — Buffet
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
5 Thank st07
new york
Reviewed 12 January 2009

This was my first time in Vegas and we stayed at the wynn. Yes the view from the room was beautiful. But, housekeeping was lacking. I called them twice about cleaning the sticky tables that we did not cause the stickiness on and they never cleaned them. The water pressure was like someone spitting on you. Since we were on the 35th floor we were in the path of airplanes flying over the hotel and since the restaurant vent seemed to be below us you would smell food in your room. I was disappointed but I do want to go back to Vegas even though you have to breathe in all that secondhand cigarette smoke. I wiil just check out different hotels

1 Thank nylike2travel
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 11 January 2009

We stayed here before Xmas and during the snowfall as you can see in some of the photos. Wynn Hotel, as with Steve Wynn other properties, was one of the nicest stays we have ever had. We had a standard room but it was plush and roomy. The room had floor to ceiling windows with remote controlled drapes. From the flat panel TV (which offered mood music with beautiful photos) to the nicely appointed bath with separate shower (TV in the bath as well) to the plush bed; all were nice touches of luxury. Employees were professional, friendly and helpful. Even the self parking which in many casinos is a very long walk; is situated where it is manageable for most people. We have stayed before at the Venetian and the Golden Nugget but the Wynn is the nicest hotel we have enjoyed in Las Vegas.

• Liked — Floor to ceiling windows with great view of the strip and mountains in distance
  • Disliked — Only there for 1 night
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple