“Fantastic just great the best hotel in Vegas”
Review of Wynn Las Vegas

Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #4 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 15 February 2009

This is the best place in town..They really make you feel welcome,no waits,just "A" class service We will be back!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed 15 February 2009

My husband and I were married at the Wynn hotel in July of 2008. Although we visit Vegas all of the time, we'd never stayed at the Wynn before. It was a beautiful hotel and great time! The first part of my review will be about the hotel for those of you only interested in the hotel. The second part is about the wedding in case you are interested. Thanks!

The hotel itself is absolutely gorgeous!!! The decor is modern and beautiful. We stayed in the panoramic view room to save money and were not disappointed. The view of Las Vegas due to the wall of windows was gorgeous, especially at sunrise and at night when the town lights up. The room was spotless and well-appointed. Maid service was on-time and even came in the evenings to turn down the bed. Access to the internet was easy and you could use it via the tv screen and keyboard in the room so we didn't even need our laptops (there is a fee though). The buffet was good (personally we like Spice Market at Planet Hollywood better). The Esplanade (the shopping area attached to the Wynn) was convenient. While most of the shops are very high end and expensive, it was nice to look at and there were a few places to eat that were good. The casino was fun, but it did seem a little tight while we were there. We spent most of our time gambling at other places. The pool is great. It's very calm and relaxing, even during the bustle of July.

If you're interested in getting married there, we loved it. We had a real true wedding complete with music, flowers, & photography (not some cheesy Vegas wedding). Ours was a very small and intimate ceremony with just us and our parents, but you can get them as big as you'd like. We paid approx $2,000. The wedding coordinator was wonderful and planned everything over the phone with us, right down to the music played and the flowers we wanted. It was so easy. Everything turned out perfect and just the way it was planned. Their photography and the preacher were great too! One hint though, have somone take lots of photos because the professional ones get very very expensive! We have just as many candid shots taken by our loved ones that are just as good. I, the bride, had my hair and make-up done in the salon at the Wynn. I was very impressed with the turn-out.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Huneyb8
Reviewed 13 February 2009

We stayed at Wynn shortly after it first opened, check in line was long as it is now and you still have to walk all the way through the casino with your luggage to get to the room elevators, but we still thought that it gave Four Seasons a run for the money. We discovered this trip that we were way wrong. In the years since our first visit to wynn we have stayed at the Four Seasons when visiting Las Vegas. I got two free nights at Wynn so thought we would give it another chance.

Pros: The standard rooms are nice and large. We got upgraded to a 'panoramic view' room. The view of the snow capped mountains and strip were very nice. Beds are very comfortable. Hotel is close to the mall and you can walk across the street to the Palazzo, Venetian. We even walked down to Caesars pretty easily. The buffet is very good as is the restaurant Tableau for breakfast, and for dinner Alex cannot be beat.

Cons: line at check in and check out (if it was only one or the other I would just think it might be an unusually busy time ) . You have to walk through the casino with all your things to find the elevator. The first night we were there, it sounded as though a cleaning woman had left a vaccuum on, but turned out that is the noise from the ventilation system and you hear it at all times. You hear everything that is going on down below on the strip.

The biggest let down was at the very end. We had a bellman get our things out of our room, checked out downstairs, and then had to walk out the door about 30 yds to the right to the valet. While we were waiting for our car, a bellman comes and drops our bags AT OUR FEET and says "here you go". Then the valet parks my car about 50 yds aways and looks around , I motion for her to where we are and she acts like it is a big hassle to bring our car to us. Then we load OUR OWN BAGS into the car. We have gotten better service at the Mirage.

We couldn't believe that this is a Steve Wynn property

9  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed 13 February 2009

My boyfriend and I spent four nights at the Wynn last week. I was impressed by the room quality and level of service. We arrived an hour before check in time and didn't want to upgrade so we had to wait for our room to become available. We played a little roulette and headed back to registration. Expedia did not execute the $100 dining credit promised but the Wynn agreed to cover it themselves! Our standard room was huge and had many of the amenities described in reviews of the Towers (floor to ceiling view of the strip (Hilton side), TV in bathroom, etc). We thought it was one of the quietest hotels we've ever booked. Maybe it was the room location (31st floor) or lack of neighbors but we didn't hear a sound all weekend. I agree with other reviewers on the Cafe, we waited in line when many tables were available. However, the food was good and service was pleasant once seated. Also had dinner one night in the Red8 Asian Restaurant. It was average; service was slow and the food uninspired. There's so many other excellent dining options closeby (recommend Bouschon French bistro at the Venetian). The on-line checkout did not include the dining credit but it was corrected with another visit to registration. Overall, a truly wonderful experience and the Wynn exceeded our high expectations.

7  Thank LMC55
Reviewed 11 February 2009

My wife and I stayed here for 5 nights, and I cannot say enough good things about the rooms and staff. We upgraded to the tower suites. This is well worth the money if you like to be pampered, I'll explain later.

Arrival: We arrived at the hotel at 8:30 p.m. Check-in was a breeze, with about a 2 minute wait. The person who checked us was was very friendly and professional. We were given a list of different rooms we could upgrade to, and decided to upgrade to the king room in the tower suites section.

Room: The room had a fantastic view of the strip and Red Rock mountains. The rooms have floor to ceiling windows, a table with 2 chairs and a little love seat. The beds are incredibly comfortable. There are 2 t..v.'s in the room, one ~42" flat panel that can be swiveled to be seen from the bed or the love seat. In the bathroom there is a ~15" built in t.v. The bathroom is very nice with a separate shower and tub.

Room Service: Room service was above average, but not fantastic. They have a very diverse selection of foods available. They were incredibly prompt and would deliver the food at the exact time that they said they would.

Service: The front desk staff was great. The tower suites has their own private front desk and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I'm not sure what happened with the 1 reviewer, but the front desk gladly printed my boarding pass for me.

The valet employees were also great. They were very professional, but also friendly. They were very quick at getting my car and actually made the task of getting my car from valet enjoyable.

Housekeeping just like everyone else was great. Everything was restocked daily, and the turndown service was a nice touch.

Negatives: The only negative I can say about the Wynn was the cafe. As several reviewers have pointed out, there is a line here even when the place is not anywhere near full. My wife and I ate here at 9:00 p.m. and there were probably 20 empty tables, but 16 people in line. Didn't quite understand that. Make sure if you're planning on eating there to get a line pass from the front desk to bypass the line. The only other negatives were some of the patrons themselves. A few of them were quite smug. When I'm on vacation in Vegas, I'm not one to dress up. I like jeans and an untucked button up. If this is your usual attire, expect to get a few looks of disapproval.

Overall: This is one place I really hated to leave. I really loved it. The service was just so far above what I was used to. In the last year I have also stayed at the Signature and Venetian. This place is above both of them.

4  Thank joshua b
Reviewed 11 February 2009

My husband and I wanted to plan an elegant wedding in Las Vegas that would be easy to plan and fun for our guests. We chose the Wynn due to the fact that the hotel is what I consider to be more intimate (for Vegas, anyway) than some of the other top rated hotels. The packages were a little more expensive than some of the other hotels, but I was more concerned with quality, service and the atmosphere. They were not that much more that it made a huge difference.
We spent 3 nights, got married and hosted a dinner reception and I cannot say enough about how fantastic it was. First of all, our wedding planner, Jalan, and all the staff involved in our event were great! Most of the planning was done via e-mail and they were so quick to respond, make changes and suggestions, but were not pushy for upgrades or anything along those lines. They truly made the process very simple and also made us feel as though they were so very excited about our wedding and more than willing to assist in any way they could. Also, the wedding salon was very pretty and private, which was important to me. Even though we chose Vegas, we did not want it to be too showy, if that makes sense.
The flowers, cake and dinner reception were also great. The bouquet that came with our package was exceptional and I did order additional flowers for the aisle. They were expensive, but they were truly equisite (see photos). Our guests loved the food and service at the dinner at a private room in SW steakhouse.
The day of the wedding I had a massage, which was great, and the spa was very nice. I also had my hair and make-up done and could not believe what a great job they did. It is a little nerve racking when you are putting your look into the hands of total strangers on your wedding day, but they hit the mark. Honestly, I am very picky and they made me look great and really listened to my requests.
Lastly, the photographer did a great job. We got some fantastic shots and were able to view them the day after. Some photos came with our package, but we decided to take advantage of the additional photo package, which quite frankly was not that expensive. My sister paid twice as much for a similar package from a private photographer.
All in all, it was everything we hoped for and I would highly recommend using the Wynn if you are looking for a great wedding experience.

2  Thank mlgtexas
Reviewed 11 February 2009

Just returned from a stay at the Wynn and was very disappointed. The pros: it's a very lovely property. The rooms are nice with floor to ceiling windows. The nightclubs are cool. The cons: without exception, the service was indifferent and bad. Every morning, the halls would be filled with housekeeping carts- all day, but my room was never cleaned until early afternoon! When paying >$500 for a room, I certainly expect more, but we were nickeled and dimed at every turn. Apparently, for that price, NOTHING is included. I spent $30. for the fitness center for one day. They stressed to me that it was for the "whole" day- as though I could get in all my workouts in a single day to make it worth my while. We arrived @ 2pm for a 2:45 meeting, but the rooms weren't ready. Tired from traveling, we went to the cafe to get a bite. The restaurant was mostly empty, with 3 hostesses at the front station, none of whom could be bothered to seat us! We had to wait for one to finish her phone conversation before seating us. All of this at exorbitant prices. I could give many more examples, so many it began to be laughable. If you enjoy paying twice as much, with rude service, and no perks, then the Wynn is for you. Otherwise, I would take my money elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business