“Very good”
Review of Wynn Las Vegas

Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #4 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 19 February 2009

I went there with my husband from 2/14 to 2/17. We stay at 14th floor facing the strip. The room was very spacious and clean. The bed was firm and pretty comfortable. The shops and restaurants were quite expensive. The location is pretty good and it's right across the fashion mall which have food courts and more affordable restaurants. We didnt gambled at the this casino. The min is $10 for blackjack in the day time.

One thing we didnt like was about the gym. You have to pay to get in. I think it was $30 per person per day.

Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ahfun123
Write a ReviewReviews (18,701)

Reviewed 17 February 2009

We were at the Wynn over Valentine's Day/ President's Day weekend and the place was packed. This was our third stay at the Wynn. We had great rate for the resort room but for $50/night we upgraded to a Tower Suite. The Tower Suites have their own reception and lobby and the peace and service were worth the extra $$$. The hotel is still stunning and the Encore is attached and blends in making the grounds even more breathtaking to walk through. I think the location of the Wynn, with the Venetian (tons of shopping & restaurants), Caesar's, Neiman's and more within walking distance makes this our favorite spot in Vegas!

3  Thank debbierich
Reviewed 17 February 2009

Wynn Las Vegas is everything you would expect and more, it's not just a resort but a destination that pleases both the senses and the soul. Steve Wynn knows how to do it right - hands down one of the best hotel resorts in the United States. The Encore, the Wynn's twin sister, attached to the property only ups the ante - two spectacular resorts for the price of one. Do the Wynn and you won't be sorry!

2  Thank rcjgkj4952
Reviewed 17 February 2009

The Wynn Las Vegas was our choice to spend a romantic valentine weekend getaway. We work hard and needed some "US" time to destress and gamble, eat, enjoy a show, and drink and just be together on cruise control. But the Wynn had other arrangements for us. I booked this trip, paid in full, in 2008. But, Airport delays had us show up to the Wynn at Saturday morning 3:30am instead of Friday evening. So we got charged a full Friday stay, ok I didn't make a big deal about it but the room they gave us was a double bed room. No King bed like I booked for us. The casino is roomy well placed with high-end shops. We liked the newness and cleanliness, and the comfortable room of the Wynn and I didn't mind the snobby staff. But 5 star hotels shouldn't have running toilets. When asked how our stay was I told the clerk what I just told you. You'd think a little comp would come our way but no way. Also the room card is your comp card too. We found out as we checked out. The Wynn is a nice place not to relax.

5  Thank drpj2
Reviewed 17 February 2009

WE have been many times to the Wynn and a couple times to the Encore.
The service has been top notch, the dining is incredible and the rooms are lovely.
The hotel and casino makes sure everything is taken care of for you.

When we just need to get away from the stress of our every day business and life we go to Las Vegas stay at the Wynn and let them pamper us.

3  Thank loco35
Reviewed 17 February 2009

The hotel was amazing but the casino host experience was appaling. When you tell someone that your Room, Beverage and Food will be picked up, YOU should stick by your word. In these hard economic times, we all know you need to make service your priority. When you go back on your word and charge back fees to your clientele a month after they left the casino via e-mail , that's not a 5 star experience. DISAPPOINTMENT IS THE BEGINNING. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND STAYING OR GAMBLING AT THE WYNN OR THE ENCORE.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
4  Thank THEGREEK1NewJersey
Reviewed 15 February 2009

To save you having to read a long rant, I will summarize the weekend here: a very appealing facility lacking top-notch personalized service.

The long story: we are LA people, got a great rate for the Valentine's Day weekend. Drove from the San Fernando Valley, arrived after dinner.

Check in was hit or miss. Our friends got a friendly, fresh clerk. We got Jose. Dude, maybe it's been a long day, and maybe you're overworked, but could you have called the spa to cancel my wife's massage, instead of telling us to do it? Could you have told us whether any of the restaurants were offering brunch, instead of just circling the buffet on the map?

When I came back to the desk because I was having trouble operating the door lock, could you or your colleague have offered me some sort of apology over having to walk all the way back, through the casino, to the front desk to reprogram the keys? No, instead I was reminded to make sure to insert my wife's key first, since the reservation was in her name. Really? How about an offer to have someone walk back upstairs with me so that they could make sure I got into my room ok, or an offer to call maintenance to see what was the matter with the door lock?

Check-in was lackluster, let's say. How much money does a smile cost? How much money does a surly attitude cost the resort? This was my first interaction with the resort, and it wasn't as positive as I was hoping.

Allow me, Trip Advisor friends, to digress. Perhaps the problem with the Wynn is that your expectations are so high that no matter how great the place is, you are bound to be disappointed. This place is supposed to be spectacular, stupendous, etc, and in reality, it's just like any other place, with some staff that are helpful and courteous, and some staff that maybe aren't having a good day, or in a foul mood, or whatever.

Ok, so the food, drink, and gaming were what befits a resort of this caliber.

Check-out was similar story to check-in. Sunday morning, the front desk was like going to the post office. I really don't like to wait--I hate feeling like a chump. Sure, I could be an "invited guest," but I have no desire to give the casino thousands of my dollars. Like I said, I don't like feeling like a chump!

But unless you are invited or have some sort of special card, you are relegated to stand on line like everyone else. This applies to the buffet, where one cashier lady sits in a vacant line pass line, while the other lady processes you like at the DMV, one-at-a-time. By the way, if you don't arrive at the buffet by 9:30 AM on a busy Sunday morning, forget it! What boggles my mind is that there are people willing to queue up for more than an hour to pay $30.00 for a buffet when there's a very nice Grand Lux Cafe right across the street at the Palazzo.

At the checkout desk, all I had to do was give a credit card to pay for the room charges, but for this, I had to wait (and make the rest of my party wait), for 25 minutes. For goodness sakes, you have a hotel with 2,000 rooms, could you have more than six people working the front desk on a busy morning?

Sure they have a Ferrari dealership there. It's great. I love Ferraris. Sure they have a great shopping area, with the best stores. Sure, there's a free show with music and lights, it was spectacular. The restaurants are famous for outstanding food. But without the human touch, it all falls apart. Above everything else, the Wynn is a hotel, and it needs to excel at hotel service.

What I see is that service will suffer in the near future as Mr. Wynn has to reduce his room rates to attract visitors. He will have to make cutbacks to staffing, in the restaurants, and in other cost centers. The free show no longer runs every twenty minutes for example.

I personally put the service component above everything else when I travel. I'm a doctor, and I spend all week long taking care of people. When I travel, I like someone to take care of me, to at least act like they know me, understand my wants, and make me feel as comfortable as possible. I'm willing to pay for this, even now.

I certainly didn't get that at the Wynn. I don't plan on coming back there, though I will certainly be back to Las Vegas. You know where I felt special and taken-care-of? The Four Seasons. Sure, the strip location is not nearly as good as the Wynn, and the prices are now higher than the Wynn, but for my money, that's the best place to go. In the summer at the pool, they come around with popsicles every half hour. Now that's a place that "gets it".

I called the manager when I was over at the Wynn. He apologized for the check-in experience, but didn't even offer a line pass for the buffet. How much would that have cost him?

You know, I may not be a big time player over there, but I did play this weekend, and I'm pretty young. I have at least a thirty or forty year Vegas career ahead of me. Maybe I would have at least visited the hotel twice a year, bought a few hundred dollars worth of drinks and food, seen a show over there. Now, forget about it. A smart hotel would understand who I am before I even arrived, and found ways, cheap ways maybe, to make me feel like a big shot in a very big place. This is why I cannot recommend that you, dear reader, stay at the Wynn until they get their act together.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
21  Thank ValleyMD