“Top-Flight”
Review of Wynn Las Vegas

Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #5 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 10 April 2009

My wife and I recently received an offer in the mail for three free nights at the Wynn. Not sure why -- we've never stayed and rarely played there. But, not being one to look a gift horse in the mouth, we gave them a call. I assumed there would be limited availability for free rooms, but we had our choice of dates and were able to book over a weekend (Friday through Sunday nights). We also received $100 in slot credit (which was doubled after a very reasonable amount of play).

We arrived around 11:00 a.m. and were able to check into our room immediately. The desk clerk was very friendly and, despite our early arrival, gave us a choice of rooms. And the room was wonderful. Large and very comfortable, with all the amenities -- flat screen TV, comfortable bed with top-quality sheets, large bathroom with a great shower, and a wonderful view of the strip (plus motorized drapes that could be opened and closed with the push of a button near the bed). We have stayed at a number of hotels in Vegas, and I would put this at the top of the list.

The casino is also first-rate. Not surprisingly, table-limits are on the high end. You won't find $5 craps tables here. But there were plenty of slots and video poker machines for we low-limit players. And the casino is very comfortable. Excellent chairs throughout -- none of the backless stools that give you chronic back-aches after a couple of hours. Nice open floor-plan, with plenty of room to move around without squeezing between players or machines. And, of course, it's beautifully appointed.

The restaurants were pricey, but very good. And we were able to get buffet comps after our first day of play. The food on the buffet was quite good, and they provided a nice variety. My one complaint was that the buffet line moved very slowly. Even when the line was fairly short, it took 30 minutes or more to be seated, although there were many empty tables.

The staff was excellent and very helpful. Drink service in the casino was sometimes slow, but I found this to be true almost everywhere we played. I presume most casinos are reducing staff due to the economy, and it showed.

This is a pricey property -- I believe the regular rates are over $300 a night. I gave it 5-stars for value, because I stayed for free (can't get much more value than that). But I would definitely shell out the full price to stay there again. Normally, I consider a hotel room in Vegas a place to crash for a few hours each night. But the Wynn is definitely worth the price of admission.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Neptune170
Write a ReviewReviews (19,097)

Reviewed 10 April 2009

This was an incredible hotel--expensive, but worth it. The room I had (an Executive Suite in the Tower Suites) was enormous. It was only one room, so not really a suite, but incredibly big and the wall-to-wall floor-to-ceiling windows had a spectacular view of the golf course and pool and scenery beyond. It had two large bathrooms, one with a glass-enclosed shower with a seat and one with a bathtub (whirlpool, but I didn't try it).

The Tower Suites had a separate entrance and seemed almost a separate hotel. Calm and serene. (Although the Four Seasons, where I had breakfast one morning, was even more so.)

Nice little amenities, like bathrobes and slippers, but also things I have not seen elsewhere like toothpaste and a toothbrush. Bed was very comfortable as was the little couch in front of the tv. Free pressing (2 items per day I think, but I didn't use this because my stay was so short--2 nights). Service was also outstanding.

The casino was very nice (although I may be biased because I made a little money there). The high point for me were the restaurants. I'm not a gourmet (foodie) and I'm relatively easy to please, so not everyone may agree, but I was impressed with all the places I ate in the hotel--Tableau, Daniel Boulud, Buffet, and the Country Club. The food was delicious and service quick and efficient with staff managing to be pleasant but not pushy or overbearing. The best part were the settings, with nice views of various water features (a little lake at Daniel Boulud, a large waterfall and golf course at The Country Club, and a pool and greenery at Tableau); even the Buffet had a nice sunny and airy atrium area that enhanced the dining experience.

I also enjoyed the show there--La Reve--a water show that was very entertaining.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
3  Thank flagfan
Reviewed 10 April 2009

I have stayed at many 5 stars Vegas hotels before, Wynn is the worst of them all. My biggest problem with this hotel was that I could not have a decent night of rest because I kept hearing Wynn's night club music throughout the night (until 4:30 am ) and my next door neighbors talking early in the morning. My guess was Steve Wynn might have utilized cheaper or less materials to build this hotel. That will explain why sound insulation is practically non existent in this so called 5 stars hotel. Venitians, Palazzo, or Bellagio are better choices.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank tripter
Reviewed 9 April 2009

It was almost midnight by the time we arrived at the Wynn (due to a six hour delay and unforseen airport transfer due to snow at New York). We were promptly checked in and pointed in the direction of the resort elevators. Our first impressions were WOW a beautiful foyer and gaming area, on arrival in our room however we were disappointed to find that the room had not been made up after it's last occupant. i called the front desk who were extremely apologetic and upgraded us to a panoramic room. The new room was beautiful with everything you would expect in a five star hotel (robes, slippers, nice toileteries etc) We stayed for 10 days at the wynn and loved it! The location is fantastic as it is just far enough down the strip to make it a little quieter. Food at the Wynn was pricey but as we were on holidays we didn't mind too much altough i did draw the line at paying the $8 for a bottle of water and got those sort of snack supplies round the corner in the massive Walgreens. My family and i are hoping to go back to Las Vegas next year hopefully to the Wynn.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tyronesimone
Reviewed 8 April 2009

Have stayed all over Vegas and am very pleased with the Wynn. As a bit of a hotel snob, I was very happy with the property, service and value, since I paid off of Hotwire. 2 nights = $300.

Property is located right across from the Fashion Show Mall, next door to the Venetian, and in plain view of Treasure Island. My room (3951) was DIRECTLY facing the strip, and high enough to see all. Fabulous view with the floor to ceiling windows. The electronic drapes were a nice touch. Bed was comfortable, alarm clock was an ipod dock, mini bar, plasma, french closet doors, deep bathtub in the bathroom, with a separate toilet area, separate marble shower and his and hers sinks. Definitely a 5-star property.

There were three pools total, one large one with a center channel with fabulous gardens surrounding it, another private pool for tower suite guests, and another pool allowing topless sunbathing. Three jacuzzis, complimentary towels and water and comfortable chaise lounges.

The spa was terrific, separate but identical layout for men and women. Jacuzzi tub, steam room, sauna, shower with full amenities, digital lockers, robes, shower shoes, fireplace, etc. Massages were by ex physical therapists and were excellent.

The gym is complete. Free weights, machines and cardio equipment were abundant, state of the art and plentiful. Better than my gym at home. Complimentary towels, water, bananas, fruit, etc.

Casino was good, buffet was great, bell desk, concierge, service was outstanding... Nightlife was typical, and with fabulous decor. Waterfalls were a sight for sore eyes, and I would have been perfectly happy staying at the hotel my whole duration of the trip since the rest of the hotels and casino's on the strip paled in comparison and made me want to go back "home" to the Wynn.

Highly recommended. Will go back.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jmlls07
Reviewed 7 April 2009

On a scale of 1-10 the Wynn is an Eleven.

This was a weekend getaway with my brother to excape the "family life"

On my fourth trip to vegas over the last few years, having stayed at the Mandalay bay, Bellagio and Mirage, I was extremely satisfyied and the wynn is far better then the three previously mentioned. The hotel staff was over the top helpful. The restaurants were all wonderful (except for the clubhouse, very bad salads.)
The golf was amazing, although is should be for $500 per round. This does include clubs (Callaway) shoes, caddie and cart. (if you golf, ask for, Charlie, the caddy. He was excellent) The course is very difficult, plenty of water in play along with abundant sand traps. The casino has a wonderful open layout with great venelation. We enjoyed playing craps at the cabana located next to the european pool. (very easy on the eyes) SW was excellent for a good steak and Sugar and Ice was perfect for a light lunch. (sit outside next to the beautiful waterfall) We found sugar and Ice a good alternative to avoiding long lines at severel of the restaurants and buffet located very close to the casino. S&I is located at the end of the hall next to all of the high end stores.
The health club/ spa is worth the money. I had a great massage for 1hr 20min ($220) If you have any spa treatment, they will include the health club for the day. I have never seen such a large and well appointed health club at any other hotel. The club locker room, spa, steam and deluge showers are worth $30 on its own.

Tip for comps: All you really need to do is ask!!!!! Also, always provide your red card to be rated. Now in terms of money wagered, I averaged aprox 11 hours of gambling over 2 1/2 days with an averge bet of $76. (info provided by the pit boss if you ask)
After asking the Red Card desk for comps, we recieved $350 in food and beverage credit.
If you expect to be comp'd, charge all of your meals and drinks to the room. Do not pay out of pocket.

The rooms were very nice and the bathrooms are huge. After reading many reviews on the noise from the nightclub, I asked for a room facing the strip. Although we discovered that if you want a room with two double beds, they only face the pool/golf course. Only king beds face the strip. The point is, on the 53rd floor, you will hear the thumping base of the night club until 4 AM. I brought along a sound machine which helped wash out most of the noise and helped provide a good night sleep.

Good luck and stay at the Wynnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

• Stayed: April 2009
5  Thank Laty11
Reviewed 6 April 2009

Stayed here many times and loved it. Its still 5 star everything. But with the opening of Encore they have planted a new nightclub in the middle of the resort (XS) which means music booming out everywhere until 4.am!!! I always thought the number one requirement of a hotel was to provide a good nights sleep. Well you no longer have any chance of that here. You have been warned!
So, the best hotel in Vegas, or now the worst one if you hope to get any sleep.

Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple