“Would not stay anywhere else in Vegas”
Review of Wynn Las Vegas

Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #5 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 5 July 2009

This was our second visit to Vegas but our first at the Wynn and I have to say I would not consider staying anywhere else. Wow, what a hotel!

This place is super plush. We were greeted at the door by a really friendly helpful bellboy who made us feel personally welcome to the hotel and took care of all of our luggage whilst we checked in.

We'd booked a low cost rate via Expedia. I enquired about upgrades and was offered an upgrade to a Panoramic room at the top of the hotel with floor to ceiling windows for $25 per night. We took this offer and had wonderful rooms on the 56th floor. The view was so good we didn't bother going up the Stratosphere! The room was absolutely massive and in pristine condition with electric drapes/curtains, very tastefully decorated. We were completely gob smacked when we walked in. Huge hi-def TV, massive bathroom with his & hers sinks, most comfortable bed in the world with the most luxurious bed linen ever! We felt really special!

The breakfast and evening buffet was expensive but plentiful and to a very high standard.
We also had a meal in the Chinese restaurant one evening which was more reasonable and equally as good quality.

The pool area was something else! I honestly felt like I was in paradise whilst relaxing there. The pool was huge, in fact the whole area is huge so there's plenty of space for everyone - no overcrowding. The staff were constantly around if you needed a cocktail (which we did and it was wonderful) also plenty of iced water available free of charge and mister spray to keep you cool.

I'd say our stay was almost perfect apart from the following few downsides:
1. The communal music was terrible, all thud, thud, thud - could have done with some relaxing music particularly around the pool.
2. We played the slots for 1.5 hours and did not see one waitress to order a drink, therefore did not have any drinks. (I thought drinks whilst playing was a perk of Vegas!)
3. Double glazing not perfect as we could here music at night even on the 56th floor.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank Max_D-Fect
There are newer reviews for Wynn Las Vegas

Reviewed 4 July 2009

Pros
------
Very, very, VERY clean.
Lovely bathroom and products.
Friendly staff.
Easy to get from the parking garage to the guest elevators.
$75 food and beverage credit came in handy.
Quick check-in.
Reduced the $150 per night security deposit to $400 security deposit for the entire stay (7 nights) when asked. No argument or debate needed.
Upgraded room without asking or doing the $20 trick/bribe.

Cons
-------
Location. Too far down the strip for our liking.
Blaring music at 3 in the morning heard in all our rooms up on the 50th floor. Which was nice after a 25 hour door to door journey.
The hotel is a mish-mash of styles, some eurpoean, some oriental, some 'other'. As a result the hotel didn't seem to have good energy or good synergie to it... pick a style already!
Our entire party thought 'Hmm, this feels like a poor relative of The Bellagio', which is hardly surprising. In fact we all far prefer The Bellagio.

I did not get the feeling that you needed to put your hand in your pocket every time a staff member did something for you or answered a question for you. This was a pleasant turn of events given all the reviews on here saying that you need plenty of $$$$ to stay at this hotel. We are by no means high rollers and I saw plenty of other 'regular' folks staying at The Wynn who were being treated with as much respect and receiving as good a service as the people that were swanning round dripping in diamonds.
The beds were nice but I've slept on nicer. The linens were nice but not as high end as I expected. The cafe by the Drugstore smelt like burnt cheese every time we walked past it - what's with that? We had a nice breakfast in the buffet and several nice breakfasts in the terrace cafe.

Overall we had a pleasant but underwhelming stay at The Wynn. It was, to be honest, a little bland and lacking in general atmosphere. The hotel is very nice (and incredibly clean, as I've already mentioned) but something was missing - none of us can quite put our finger on what that was though. We wouldn't go back and glad we paid a low rate via Expedia - would have been less than impressed to have paid any more.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
6  Thank madame_rouge
Reviewed 4 July 2009

We are from the UK and stayed for four nights, leaving on July 1st. This was our ninth visit to Las Vegas but our first staying at the Wynn. We will never stay anywhere else again. Our married American friends from Scottsdale AZ, who joined us at the Wynn, said exactly the same. In all ways the Wynn exceeded our expectations.

The restaurants were superb - we did not eat in all of them and picked the middle to lower priced ones. Lunch at the Country Club was especially memorable, but even the simple cafe was excellent. The bar "Parasol Down" became our rendevouz location, a stunning position with an outdoor terrace on a lake with a truly amazing light and sound show every half hour from dusk on. But during the day the interior part of the bar was bliss after a couple of hours scorching in the Nevada sun around their beautiful pools.

Our room was huge with floor to ceiling windows with electically controlled nets and drapes. The bed was outstandingly comfortable. The bathroom was also huge (with separate wc, something not every place has), an enormous bathtub, which we did not use, and a free standing shower enclosure.

What more can we say? Absolutely faultless.

3  Thank Eigg
Reviewed 4 July 2009

Stayed at the Wynn in June 09 while showing my wife around Las Vegas. Room was ok (roughly the standard of a European 3 star), service was very poor overall. The entire operation is geared towards releiving the guests of their money at every stage, and hospitality is conspicuous only by absence,

For three nights of our stay, the music from the clubs prevented us from sleeping until 3AM. On two nights, we tried to complain, first trying to call reception (but giving up after a half hour hold listening to Steve Wynn describe his so-called luxury hotel in an endlessly whining looped markting pitch), and finally getting dressed to go to reception but finding no-one there to assist.

It would be expected that a prime function of any hotel is to provide the guests with the ability to sleep. It is after all, why beds are provided. To ensure that guests cannot sleep, and make it impossible for them to complain, appears to be something of an unforgivable failing.

Apart from total insomnia and a stink of cigarette smoke in all areas (even in supposedly non-smoking areas) one of the lifts (elevators for our colonial friends) was covered in vomit for at least two hours on our last night.

It seems that the hotel was too busy being 'exclusive' and 'fashion forward' to resolve this unhygienic and unpleasant state of affairs. It is possible that the staff were simply too busy installing extra speakers and amplifiers in the clubs (to ensure that those guests who were asleep would not remain so for much longer) to fetch a mop and bucket.

Disgraceful.

3  Thank himselfetc
Reviewed 4 July 2009

Every aspect of Wynn was perfect, from check in to departure. The pool is outstanding and the service could not be faulted. Wonderful room that was serviced twice each day.
If your going to Vegas make sure this hotel is taken into consideration.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tonyhPortsmouth
Reviewed 2 July 2009

We arrived at 9:00 on Tuesday June 23rd. There was no line and check in was a breeze. We asked for a golf course view on a high floor and we got it. The room was wonderful. We have stayed there before and loved it. I love the bathroom TV. We went to the Terrace Cafe because we were starving. They told us it would be a 15 minute wait. The problem must have been lack of servers because there were tons of empty tables. We finally got seated and then waited another 15 minutes before anyone came to the table. We asked the neighboring table if they had waited long and they said yes so we got up and left. We decided to go to Sugar and Ice and it turned out to be a great decision. We ordered and then realized you could eat out by the waterfall so we did. The food was good and the service was fine. We decided not to go back to the Terrace Cafe during our visit. The next day we ate at their buffet around noon and the line was very short. The food was fine but I thought overpriced. I much prefer the Spice Market Buffet at Planet Hollywood. The Wynn buffet seems to be all in the presentation and not the variety of food. I suppose I just like basic food. I know most people rave about this buffet but not me. I thought Bellagio buffet was better too.
I went to the pool at 8:00AM and there were a few people there and then more started coming. I love this pool. It's not super crowded and very laid back. The Bellagio pool is nice but crowded even at 8.
I stayed at the Bellagio this trip also and even though I liked the service better at the Bellagio, there is just something about the Wynn that I love. I feel so special there and it isn't as crowded. It seems like an oasis from all the chaos at the casinos and shows. It is my very favorite Vegas hotel. I hope the prices stay reasonable because I would like to keep staying there.

1  Thank skoala
Reviewed 1 July 2009

We stayed here for 4 nights as part of our Honeymoon. The Hotel was by far the best i have ever stayed in. We were upgraded to a room on the corner of the hotel so we had floor to ceiling windows on 2 sides of the room looking out over the golf course. The rooms are huge! With the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. The bathroom again is huge with a TV by the sink. An a shower that could fit a small family. We ate in the hotel every night and the standard of food was exceptional. Yes some things are pricy but you get what you pay for and we got fabulous service, beautiful surroundings, and first class food & drink. The pool area is wonderful, with free water a lovely big uncrowded pool, and water mist jets spraying out all around the pool to cool the air down. You can even gamble by the pool! The Casino we found to be the most tasteful in Vegas, we visited most of the other hotels and found them to be quite dated and in need of a facelift. The nightclub Tryst was amazing with a huge waterfall in the outdoor area. Everything about this hotel is first class, I could not pick a single fault with it.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple