“Nice”
Review of Wynn Las Vegas

Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #5 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 6 July 2010

We were initially disappointed when on arrival we had to lug our bags from the taxi to the registration desk and then waited so long for a bellman to take our bags to our room that we gave up and lugged them ourselves. After this unimpressive start our stay got better. Our room and bathroom were spacious and comfortable. The hallways were quiet. All restaurants and services in the hotel were fine. The pool was beautiful. High end shopping in the hotel Esplanade, and a short walk to 'The Fashion Mall' for the usual "mall" stores.We didn't find the staff exceptionally friendly with the exception of a doorman named Robert who we encountered upon or departure. Overall it was a pleasant experience although we never quite figured out the hotels theme....maybe 60's, not really sure.

There are newer reviews for Wynn Las Vegas

Reviewed 5 July 2010

Spent three nights at the Wynn end if June. We were inpressed with the standard room, very nice bathroom with soaking tub and seprate shower. The pool area is wonderful and has both shade and sunny areas. The entire resort has upscale feel about it, as others have posted nothing is cheap here, but I would not expect it to be at a place like this. We enjoyed our stay and will return.

Reviewed 5 July 2010

beautiful, over the top and luxe. the grounds are magnificent, the room great, would stay there again. not a gambler, we go to vegas for the shows and the food. the bars are good in the hotel and all the food is of good quality. liked the 'lobby bar' at encore the best-- fun tapas. while we never felt rushed, the food at sinatra's (encore) and the pool restaurant came very quickly and always luke warm. wish we'd eaten breakfast at "the buffet"-- supposedly best in town. there is a pizza place where you can sit outside, have a slice, wine and a gelato and watch the waterfalls, that was fun. the pool and common areas are gorgeous. we found the staff helpful. beautifully appointed hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank luvtravelAmherst_NY
Reviewed 5 July 2010

This was my ninth trip to Las Vegas in the last nine years. I have stayed at the MGM Grand ,Flamingo,and Luxor, all of which were wonderful,but the Wynn was everything that I had imagined and then some! My wife and I stayed three nights in this beautiful hotel, June 20-23. We arrived at 11:00 a.m ,and were able to get our room earlier than we had anticipated. Then we were offered an upgrade for $25.00 per night, so we took it. It was a Panoramic room which was definately a bonus. Needless to say, the room was immaculant ;58th floor with a strip veiw !! The trip only got better from there... The pool is increadible ,very relaxing and quite large. It opens at 8:00 a.m., as opposed to 9 or 10 a.m. like other hotels that I have stayed at. The Wynn itself is BEAUTIFUL !!! and the staff treated us great !! Some of the restraunts were very high class and expensive, but others were very afforadable but still just as beautiful. The casino was large and filled with a variety of slot machines and table games. Within the first day of my stay, my wife and I had already accumulated enough comps for two free buffetts. There is so much that I can say about my stay, but I do not want to drag on too long. Steve Wynn truely did create a hotel that is not only in a wonderful location but accomidates to everyones needs. This was honestly a first class experience and I will be returning next year to enjoy it all over again. I highly reccomend this hotel for anybody and everybody that is traveling to Las Vegas and wants to experience pure bliss. This is one of the finest hotels in Las Vegas, and I hope that everyone enjoys their stay as much as I did.

1  Thank petfer
Reviewed 3 July 2010

This hotel is beautifully decorated and appointed. However the extra costs of say, $20 for each individual visit to use the gym etc are extorionate. The food is expensive, everything is expensive, ie, $5 to withdraw YOUR MONEY at the ATM and I paid $12 for a small glass of wine. With four of us we ate out all the time - the costs in the hotel were prohibitive.

The atmosphere is slightly intimidating, one feels watched and monitored. I was part of a queue at the Concierge Desk - someone came and told us to "Get in Line" - this was because THEY did not have sufficient staff to deal with guests' problems and wanted the area to look orderly! Several Americans were upset and angry. I would not stay again and I would not recommend it. It is all show and does not concentrate on the guests. SORRY STEVE WYNN, YOU MAY MAKE LOTS OF MONEY BUT YOU HAVE GOT IT WRONG! PEOPLE NOT DECOR MATTER!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2010

SImply, this is a quality hotel. My wife first visited this place on a work trip when it opened around 5 years ago and even she was impressed by how it still looked immaculate. The rooms are well furnished and spacious with all that you need. The bathrooms are clean and well appointed with all those cool little luxury tolietries that you feel the urge to bring home. In saying that h our friends in the adjoining room, had the 'orange' decorated room which perhaps looks a little gaudy (but hey it's vegas). We were on the 53 floor overlooking the strip and it had an awesome view (extra $25 US per night upgrade but it was worth it).

This was my first trip and once you start to trek through the other casino's its hard not to be impressed by Wynn. It does seem to stand out from the crowd and the service from all the staff we met was first rate and very helpful. We only ate once at the restaurant at the pool and it was efficient even if the menu was not too exciting. We did take an indoor table as it was 25 minutes for an outdoor one one the terrace. The pool itself was fairly busy and my only grumble was that it seemed hard to find a shady spot (plus no free wifi in the rooms).

Overall, I loved it and would definetely go back. It's not as in your face as some of the other hotels and I think that's why I liked it so much.

Reviewed 2 July 2010

My husband and I stayed here right before Memorial day weekend. What perfect timing. We had a really nice stay at the Wynn. I wish we hit it big because I wanted to take home the bed. The best sleep I had in my life! Skip the buffet! It wasn't as good as it should be. The cafe was pricey but it's the Wynn...what do you expect!. Our room was amazing, very big and posh. I can imagine what the upgraded rooms look like. Great view of the strip but I can see why Steve Wynn is so pissed off with the palazzo owners. They dominate and block the view of the rest of the strip. The staff are amazing. It's other guests you need to worry about. This old woman was incredibly rude to one of the staff who was assisting us. I told her to stop acting like a savage. Yeah, I had to go there with her. I definetly will stay at the Wynn again. One of the best trips we had to Vegas yet!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple