“Clean hotel, large rooms, best for couples or groups of adults”
Review of Wynn Las Vegas

Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #4 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 18 July 2010

I stayed at the Wynn Las Vegas this past week and I have nothing bad about the hotel itself to stay. The place didn't smell of cigarette smoke at all, nor did it have the perfumed smell of some other casinos. The rooms are large and clean. and the cleaning staff did a fantastic job tidying up our room, even with our small child. The crowd there is mostly made up of adults, so having a small child felt very out of place for us, but it is a very nice hotel that does everything it can to project an air of quality and prosperity. It's the place to stay at on the strip to feel important and well taken-care of, not the place to slum it.

That wireless internet access and the fitness center incur additional charges is not unexpected, but it kept us offline and out of the fitness rooms for sure. The pool was nice but a bit too warm. When it's 110 degrees outside, an 85-degree pool is too warm. The in-room snacks and drinks are also outrageously priced. I wonder if anyone ever consumes them.

My only real concern was that the concierge recomended walking as the best way to get to the Stratosphere from this hotel. Anyone familiar with the area can tell you that it's a nearly two-mile walk, and walking that far in summer is unpleasant, to say the least. When we mentioned this bit of bad advice at checkout, they were too busy to take note of this awful advice. That being said, the overall experience was positive, and the rest of the staff was professional and efficient, if not overly friendly.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank JonathanLeard

Reviewed 18 July 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Wynn Hotel just last week. The grounds and lobby areas are truly incredible and quite a site to see! We arrived at 2:00 p.m. for a 3:00 check-in and our room was not ready. This was of course not their fault...we were early. However, they said that they would cue our room up as top priority since we had arrived and checked in. They said that they would call our cell when the room was ready. At 3:00, we went back to the registration desk, since we had not yet heard from them. (We had actually reserved in the tower which is a little more expensive than the main hotel). Our room was still not ready and they said that it would be ready as soon as possible but not before 4:15. Given the 5 star rating, I was shocked. We had made a reservation at a 5 diamond hotel, in their tower suites area, and had treated ourselves to a junior suite in honor of our twenty-fifth wedding anniversary. I was thinking to myself, "How much more money do you have to spend to get excellent service?" I expressed my disappointment to the clerk at the desk. She was extremely sweet and apologized and said that there was nothing that she could do...that housekeeping just couldn't keep up with all the room preparations that they had that day. I again expressed my disappointment in the nicest way I could, (because I really dislike being a high maintenance customer...it makes me uncomfortable.) She again apologized and went to talk to someone. She came back and said that they did find a room for us and checked us in. So, they did fix the problem, and we truly appreciated it. However, we simply did not expect this type of encounter at a hotel in this price range.

We went to dinner at the Bartolotto restaurant. We had 5:30 dinner reservations, which were the earliest reservations avaialble since the first seating for dinner is at 5:30. When we arrived for dinner, all the patrons with 5:30 dinner reservations were standing around waiting to get seated. They were not yet ready to open. The manager looked incredibly stressed as they figured out where to seat their guests. The restaurant was of course empty at this point. They had not yet figured out which tables they wanted to use for their 5:30 seating. I thought this was strange. there were about 10 small groups waiting for a table including a bride and groom, (the bride still in her wedding dress), and I felt particularly badly for them to have to stand their on their wedding day. At 5:45, they finally started to seat us. A waiter came up to greet us to get us started. Then about 10 minutes later, a different waiter came up to talk to us and we started to discuss the menu. Then a third waiter came up to take our order. We started to laugh and asked him if he was now our waiter. He laughed too and said that they were still setting up at 5:30, (which was very obvious to all of us), so that other waiters were taking care of us, while some of the staff were still bringing out silverware etc... for the tables. We actually didn't care much, but thought it was strange that such an expensive restaurant would not be ready to open on time.

Unfortuantely, the meal was very mediocre at a very high price and I would not recommend dining there.

Our room, in contrast, truly was very beautiful and we enjoyed the decor and the spaciousness very much.

Overall, if we had been paying $300.00 a night instead of $500.00 a night, we probably would have considered it a successful hotel pick. However, at $500.00 a night and the pricey menu at the restaurant, and the poor service at check in and at the restaurant, I would have to say that we did not receive good value for our money.

4  Thank mshah035
Reviewed 18 July 2010

We stayed at the Wynn for 5 nights un July 2010 for my partners 30th birthday. We debated whether to stay here or the Bellagio but after finding an unbelievable rate, our mind was made up. Although slightly further out from the busy centre strip, we loved the location as it was quieter with not nearly as much 'through traffic' as other hotels. We also loved the decor and attention to detail around the hotel. The pool area was amazing with plenty of luxurious loungers and more than adequate facilities. I also used the gym early morning which was busy but well equipped - 'free' water, towels and fruit. We particularly enjoyed the Parasol Down bar overlooking the Lake of Dreams. We tried a couple of the casual dining options, Zooza Crackers and Pizza Place and found them okay but not great. However the view of the waterfall from the PP made it worth eating there. We didn't try the other upscale diners as they were beyond our budget but we knew that before visiting.

There are no shortage of great dining options for all budgets in Vegas. We enjoyed Mon Ami Gabi @ the Paris (very reasonably priced for the superb location), Cheesecake Factory @ Caesars Palace (always great and good value) and our splurdge night at TAO @ The Venetian (expensive but great food and sitting only a few tables away from Wayne & Colleen Rooney!). We visited the Wynn buffet 3 of our 5 mornings as we found it good value at $19.95 and a huge selection of lovely fresh options. We even managed to 'merge' into lunch on a couple of occasions! Also the buffet meant we weren't hungry until the evening and so skipped lunches.

You will know from reading the other reviews that it's not cheap at the Wynn. We didn't pay a resort fee as we were international guests but the gym was $15 per visit and the internet would have been $13.99 per day if we had bothered. We went over to the mall and got internet access free at starbucks or there are internet pc's in the food court at reasonable rates. A beer was $6 which I thought was a lot and so limited the amount we drank in the bars there. We knew all of this before visiting and walking around the place you can see why things cost a little on the dear side, the Wynn is amazing! The bars at Bellagio, Four Seasons and other 'high end' hotels were also priced at the same rates as the Wynn.

Overall we had a fantastic stay at the Wynn and even spotted a few stars whilst we were there. We heard that the room remdelling will begin this week but we were more than pleased with our strip view room on the 53rd floor, it looked fresh and the whole hotel was amazingly clean. Our stay wasn't trouble free but issues were dealt with promptly and very politely. The Wynn compared on a par with the MGM Signature where we stayed in 2007 but the facilities and the 'look and feel' of the Wynn make it our No.1. We hope to stay here again soon.

1  Thank SAUL N
Reviewed 17 July 2010

We stayed 2 nights at the Wynn after moving from the Bellagio. Nothing against the Bellagio, I just wanted to try the Wynn for everything I've heard about it and find out which one is the best. We stayed 4 nights in a Penthouse Lakeview Suite at the Bellagio and it's a very nice suite with more than 140m2 and great views of the Fountains from the top floors, VIP services at the lobby lounge and the very nice show Cirque du Soleil "O". But I was very anxious to go to the Wynn so we moved.

We got the Suite Life package at the Wynn so we had a daily $75 resort credit to use anywhere at the Wynn or Encore + free internet + daily passes to the fitness center. Besides that there is an exclusive pool for the Tower Suite guests and complimentary transportation to/from the airport in private cars but as I was driving I didn't need it.
Since our arrival we felt special as we had a private entrance and check-in for Tower Suite guests where they treat you very well!! As the moment I arrived I was greeted by the Valet who loved my car, he couldn't stop talking about it. From the Valet guys to the front desk, Concierge and even the cleanning staff, they all treated me like Royalty and this makes the difference; when you're paying almost $1000/night you'll probably want all this comfort and attention. And speaking about comfort, our Salon Suite was great with almost 170m2 facing the Strip and the beautiful Wynn cascade. Very, very nice Suite with comfortable bed, enormous bathroom, an expansive living room with 50" HDTV, dining alcove, wet bar and powder room; we had even a massage room inside our Suite...I couldn't ask for more.

The pool area is great and there's an european pool (only for adults) with music and bar, very nice...The cassino area is not so crowded and smoky as the Bellagio - good for gamble - and both hotels have great buffets (Wynn is more expensive).You can also find many other nice restaurants inside the resort (most of them are pricey but very good) or just go to the Strip in search of something cheaper or fast food like McDonalds, Subway, Dennis, etc.

The most popular nightclubs are right there, as the TRYST is inside the Wynn and the XS is at the Encore, both very beautiful places with nice music all night long. We didn't get the lines for the nighclubs but you'd better expect long lines to get in if you're not a VIP there, but they both worth it!!! There's a nice mall crossing the street (Fashion Mall), and the Pallazzo/Venetian is right on the next door for a good walking and picture shooting session. You can watch the Treasure Island pirate show crossing the street and right beside it is the Mirage with its Volcano show.

Well, I could tell much more about my experience but nothing would be better than you go to Vegas and see it for your self...and if you can afford it, stay at the Salon Suite, you're gonna love it!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank RodolphoBorges
Reviewed 17 July 2010

Couldn't fault the room - large, impeccable, amazing fit out and no expense spared.

Casino for all the sizzle is a glorified pokies venue ... the sheer scale of the Wynn is probably its greatest weakness ... very difficult to get true 5 star service in a place that has 50 odd floors and a huge amount of guests. Feel at times you are purely a vessel for them to extract money out of. For all the great restaurants there's twice as many average bars and depressing rows of elderly throwing their money away.

Pool was fantastic, loved the drinks and it's so over the top decadent that it does drag you in. I guess we shouldn't have expected personalised luxury in a destination like Vegas but we did feel like a number. That said, I have found this everywhere I've stayed in Vegas so think after 2 trips there's no need to return.

if you love the Vegas d*chebag thing - gambling, clubbing etc - the Wynn is a very comfortable base.

Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shepherdieu
Reviewed 16 July 2010

This was not our first trip to the Wynn and it won't be our last. AT check in our clerk gave us a complimentary upgrade to a panaramic view(usually $25 extra) and offered a $50 upgrade to the Tower. We did not take it but wished we had just to see the difference. When you walk in the room the view(floor to ceiling windows) is breathtaking especially from the 56th floor. The room is HUGE and beautiful. The bathroom is also large with soaking tub, TV, and separate room with toilet. The bed is so comfortable and the pillows(I'm tempted to buy one)are great too.
One of my favorite things is their pool. It is not a wild and crazy party scene. It's not super crowded and you can always find a lounger. The design of the pool is wonderful(one long rectangle and two ovals at the end). Many people would walk or even do laps down the rectangle.
We realize that most things are expensive here but we just accept that. We did eat at their pizza place in the esplanade and sat by the fountains. That is a nice place. We have eaten at their buffet and it is fine but I prefer Planet Hollywood's so we ate there.
There is just something so tranquil at the Wynn. When we would come back from other casinos we would walk in and smell the flowers and feel like we were home. It was so calm compared to the chaos of the center strip. That's one of the reasons I like it better than the Bellagio. There are just too many crowds there.
I can not say enough good things about the Wynn. I just feel so special there. I would highly recommend it. It's my favorite!

1  Thank skoala
Reviewed 16 July 2010

There's isn't a better or more complete resort experience in Las Vegas. Where else in Las Vegas can you find the variety and quality of restaurants, entertainment, nightlife, golf, pampering, shopping and spa under one resort. We switched from Bellagio to Wynn 5 years ago and never looked back. Can't wait to go back.