“Some good, some painful”
Review of Siena Suites

Siena Suites
Ranked #157 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 15 October 2013

For the most part the room was clean--bathrooms, kitchen, beds. However the carpet was quite dirty and worn out. So worn out that it was pulled back where it met the vinyl at the bathroom, and I ended stepping on a carpet tack.

The staff was very responsive and offered me a new room, and the manager gave me a partial refund. But at the same time, they knew this room had this problem because they had already hammered down some of the carpet tacks.

Other little problems:
--there were only two chairs at the table in a room that slept 6
--the remote had no batteries in it
--the sofa was old and worn out (looks like there were replacing them because there were several of their sofas sticking out of dumpsters)
--AC for the double bedroom was inadequate (just a small vent leading off from the living room area)

I probably won't stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lj D

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We were here for a very short period of time - our plane landed in Las Vegas at 1am, after getting the rental car we arrived at this room at about 2am and were glad to be leaving at 7am. Would not have wanted to stay longer.

The firetruck and ambulances blocking the entrance when we arrived perhaps colored the rest of our experience. We made our way around and asked if everything was okay at the check-in and were simply told that it was.

We asked for and were supposedly given a non-smoking room, but I think all that meant was that we were not supposed to smoke in it, not that other guests never had as it smelled like a bowling alley the minute you stepped through the door.

It was spacious enough, there was a kitchenette, a pullout couch that we decided not to risk, and a separate bedroom with two double beds, a sink, and a shower and toilet in a separate room.

The double beds felt like a piece of plywood (or sturdy cardboard) on top of a bunch of loose springs - not at all a restful night.

I suppose we got what we paid for, which is why I'm giving a rating of 2.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank memcc
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Garden-apartment style buildings, 3 stories, exterior corridors, no elevators.

Distant from LAS airport and from most Las Vegas attractions, so you'll need a car. Economical prices, weekly/monthly rates. No security deposit. Furnished 1BR/2BR apts with kitchens (full refrigerator, full electric oven/stove, microwave). Comfortable bedding. No utensils or cooking supplies provided. No door chain or other secondary locking mechanism. 2 large heated pools with large jacuzzis, 6A-10P. 150 acre grass field (New Sam Boyd Silver Bowl Park) immediately adj. Fitness center w/7 machines (or jog around the park!). 4 guest laundries, prepay on stored value card. Ample cable TV w/2 HBO channels. Free highspeed (960Kb) wifi, free parking, Weekly maid service. Pet friendly.

24H convenience store/gas, 24H liquor store, 24H fast food (Taco Bell, Jack In The Box w/ 24H dining room), 24H bar all immediately adj, Liquor and convenience stores are adjacent to one another, they are not colocated. Walgreens Drug, Pizza Hut, Omelet House, 24H Circle K, 24H Roberto's Taco Shop, Filipino market across Boulder Highway. In-room dining (outside vendor) info on key envelope. Closest lodging to Sam Boyd Silver Bowl (1/2 mi). Walmart, Denny's, Casinos (Sam's, Eastside Cannery) 3 mi to N, also Walmart, Gallerie Mall, restaurants, Sunset Station 3 mi to SE.

While you might encounter the occasional shady character, as at any urban budget hotel, the property is clean and well-kept and our family members felt safe traversing the property day and night. Maintenance requests were addressed promptly by the helpful staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank mbstone
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I believe they are stereotypical just as every other hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada. My advice, don't come to Las Vegas...don't bellieve the HYPE! It's full of thieves, prostitutes, drugs, crime, and just overall disturbances. It's not a relaxing retreat kind of experience. It's a 24 hour drinking town for a reason, you would have to be drunk 24 hours to endure the atmosphere. For one, this hotel has the thinnest walls I've ever encountered, the other guests might as well be living inside of your room. It was constant noise disturbances from the people next door to mine, behind my room and underneath it. When I first entered upon room, I always do my own cleansing before I unpack. I noticed that the carpet was a little dirty and had something stuck next to desk, the fitted sheet had a stain, the bedroom dresser drawer had something sticky inside of it, stovetop had crumbs and refrigerator looked dull and the ac had a consistent cdisturbing noise. So not only was I given a un clean room, even though I didn't initially complain because I was informed by mgmt that housekeeping does a weekly cleanse and mine would occur the next day, so I decided to wait. But I guess, mgmt decided that one day wasn't enough cleansing, because they decided to send housekeeping once again the day after without my consent or notion. I was upset, because had I been aware, I would've definitely safely hidden my personal sensitive items, but obviously I wasn't given that option, so my privacy end up being compromised. But not only did I notice my room in certain substandard conditions, I also happen to notice how much time was spent on the room next to mine(housekeeping)once folks checked out...I just kind of assumed that the new guests that would end up having that room would be of a certain stereotype, which end up happening during my stay. So I assume that the stereotype is current! So if you don't fit the criteria, don't expect a pleasant stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank chantay12
Reviewed 1 October 2013

On different stays at Siena Suites over the past five years, I have stayed in several of the one-bedroom suites. On the whole, the large property is well-kept. Management has been responsive to maintenance requests. The office is spacious and attractive. Traffic on Russell Road has increased over the past five years due to residential construction, but the neighborhood is still fairly quiet. Of all of the roughly ten hotels I have stayed at in the Las Vegas valley, Siena Suites has been the best value.

Room Tip: There are no elevators.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank rccrease
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Upon arriving, we were told that there was NO wi-fi servic3e in the rooms (online it says that there is). Additionally, when we arrived in our room (a non-smoking room) the entire suite reeked of smoking material. Generally, when requesting a non-smoking room, there is the thought that it might not smell like smoke! The worst was the fact that the couch in our suite smelled so badly that we requested that it be replaced during our visit (it was never replaced and no one even came to the room to check with us). The couch actually smelled of urine! I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone. The clientele staying in the other 'suites' were the scariest people I have ever laid eyes on, I feel as though this location might have been in the heart of Las Vegas' 'crack' district! This location was so noisy, it was difficult to sleep, despite spending the entire day outdoors at a baseball complex! None of the ice machines worked, there were several on the property! I can't imagine one redeeming thing to say about this location!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Mike S
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We looked this after seeing positive reviews online. The staff was wonderful, but beyond that this place was horrible. These suites are very roomy but have very dated furniture. If you wanted to utilize the stove or eat in the room then you had to pay to rent it from the front desk.
You had to purchase a laundry card for $2 and had to load $5 at a time to wash laundry. You could not get any refund for this after you left.
The rooms were non-smoking but you could tell that others had smoked due to the residual smell and damage to the curtains, furniture and bedding.
The beds had no give whatsoever. It was as if you were sleeping on a boxspring. The pillows were very thin and uncomfortable.
The bathrooms were small, making it almost impossible sit on the toilet and have any room. The door was so close to the toilet it scraped whenever opened. The rooms and carpeting smelled terrible. We had to purchase and spray the entire suite with fabreeze several times.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family