“Authentic Korean Food in an unexpected place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ginseng Korean BBQ

Ginseng Korean BBQ
Ranked #659 of 4,792 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue, Asian, Korean
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: The Strip
Penticton, Canada
“Authentic Korean Food in an unexpected place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

After wandering Las Vegas for a few days, it was a nice surprise to find a Korean place near the hotel. It's tucked up between the MGM Grand and the Planet Hollywood -- or to fine tune it a bit more, between the Polo Towers and the Coke store.

I lived in Seoul, South Korea for 3 years, and ate nothing but Korean while I was there. I ordered their dolsot bibimbap -- the rice dish mixed with vegetables, meat and egg in a hot bowl. It was wonderfully authentic and comforting. My husband had bibim naengmyon -- spicy cold buckwheat noodles in broth, and really enjoyed it. I tasted it, and found it authentic as well. Served with 6 or 7 side dishes.

They're fully set up for the full Korean barbecue. Now, this food is not cheap, but it's healthier and less salt/fat/crap-filled than pretty much anywhere on the strip.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank LorisReviews

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
cary
“A great place to get your Korean food fix”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

Food was good and it was walking distance from the strip. I don't know if I was just hungry but everything I ordered was good and you got your fair share of ban chan.

Visited July 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“food was good..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

Food was good but not warm enough..
One of my friends had a birthday on that day, they proviced korean seaweed soup for us it was not expected.
We appreciated their service...
Thank you!!!

Visited March 2013
“1/2 of us loved it 1/2 pouted”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

While I thought the food fun and great, the kids pouted. What can I say? They were tired and just not feeling it. I love Korean food with all the condiments. The rib eye was super and so was the bimbop. The kids did eat the dumplings and a little steak. We also ordered the squid, but it wasn't my favorite.

• Visited April 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Decent Korean food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

I know Korean food so I am skeptical naturally. I used "buy one entree and get one free up to $10" coupon from citideals. The only item under $10 is mandoo(dumpling). I ordered mulnangmyun(cold noodles with broth) and boiled dumplings. Portin size of the two items weren't big. Noodles were typical, and the seasoning of the broth was to my liking but I wouldn't recommend for people who are new to Korean food. Dumplings were lacking flavor and bland. There should be more stuffing and substance to the dumpling filling. Service was great, very friendly and efficient. I will visit again to try other dishes. The entree came with the side dishes which are assortment of vegetables including kimchi. I skipped on sampling side dishes not to ruin my appetite for main dish. I would recommend people to sample side dishes and ask for extra if you like but make sure it is complementary which usually is. Korean food is the best and if you can enjoy the food or develope liking, you would be hooked for life. I plan on visiting again to try other dished.

• Visited March 2013