“Noticing a slip in quality”
Review of Sidewalk Cafe

Sidewalk Cafe
Ranked #2,765 of 4,952 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Ma and I have gone to the Sidewalk Cafe countless times over the years. Every experience has been wonderful, at least, until this past visit. Still many of the old faces about, but missing some who have served us faithfully twice a year since 1990. The old timers made it fun, and treated us like friends. Even if they didn't remember us, they played the role well.

The quality seems to have slipped somewhat also. My Corned Beef Hash was bland (almost soupy, no crispy bits to chew), my poached eggs were hard, my toast still white. The waiter adjusted the bill, but we had to ask, he didn't offer on his own. BTW, the ham steak was wonderful.

In the past, we ate here every morning, but this time we managed only twice before going elsewhere. Something is slipping, and it is a disappointment. I did mention it to the manager, and she admitted that there had been a change in management. I can only hope things revert back to the way they were.

Great selection overall (recommend bagels and Lox) , a nice breakfast buffet is available, and it is freshly maintained. Includes oatmeal.

Give the Sidewalk Cafe a try, I have the feeling that they may get back on target.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

They have a breakfast buffet which is good but ordering breakfast from the menu was a little more pricier but tastier. The sampler platter and the burger were great lunch choices. Friendly staff.

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Ham and cheese omlette was very good. My wife ordered the French Toast and was very happy. Did not try the buffet everyone else seemed to enjoy it. Service was good and price is average for a cafe in Bally's. I would eat here again.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Decided to go here for the buffet breakfast after staying up until 6am. We were some of the first people in and decided to go for the buffet since it was quick and had biscuits & gravy. The selection wasn't as big as one would expect for a Vegas buffet. My egg & cheese omelet was good (hot and fresh), breakfast potatoes tasted good but were very cold. My sausage was a little pink in the middle so I stayed clear of that but the bacon was very good. The biscuits and gravy was probably my favorite part and I basically dipped everything else in the gravy.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Hm, what could I say? Obviously, it was nice. Plenty of pancakes, biscuits, donuts and so on. They were all good but I would have wanted something fresh to eat, too. If you're not looking for any healthy stuff like veggies or porridge then you could like this place.