“And we haven't even stayed there yet.”

Emerald Suites Cameron
Ranked #221 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Our tale of woe is unbelievable and relates entirely to appalling customer relations - and we haven't even stayed there yet.This is a copy we sent to the General Manager.
Attention: General Manager,

Further to our phone contact earlier today, we are very disappointed with the interaction of our concern and the outcome. As a consequence of the unsatisfactory actions taken by you in trying to resolve this issue, we are informing you that we are cancelling the Reservation No. #... . We have satisfactorily made new arrangements elsewhere.

When we spoke to the reservation clerk, who was very pleasant and helpful, we had requested a 1-bedroom unit. She said she couldn't guarantee a one-bedroom but would try when we got there. However, if there wasn't one, we agreed to accept a 2-bedroom, even though the cost was higher. We gave her our credit card info, etc. and asked for a confirmation by email.

When the email came, it confirmed our reservation but added "RESERVATIONS NOT GUARANTEED." What does that mean, 'confirmed but not guaranteed'? I can arrive but have no room? Why am I booking a room well ahead of people just walking in? Why am I giving you my credit card number? You express concern about what happens if we show up late, or not at all? I make a suggestion to deal with that and you say the legal department has set it up so it can't be changed. Let me give you and your legal department a suggestion. Every hotel, motel and vacation rental deals with that, legally, in this example.

'guaranteed reservation policy:
...Hotel Name...will hold a courtesy reservation until 6pm local hotel time on date of arrival.
You may guarantee your reservation for arrival after 6pm by providing an accepted credit card or
sending advance cash prepayment directly to the hotel. Personal checks will not be accepted for
payment of charges.'

I have even had vacation rentals tell me to notify them if we will be arriving late. Sometimes the flights are late or, if arriving by car, other delays may occur. As long as you let them know that you will be late, they will save the room for you. If you are a no-show you will be charged for the first night (that's what the credit card is for). That would be a reasonable way to deal with that problem. Either you, your boss, or the legal department is under some misunderstanding of how such a situation is to be handled. I don't want to tell you how to do your business but what you're doing is appalling. And your handling of it, even worse.

I have to make one more point.

When you are dealing with an angry customer, remember you just might be in that situation one day, and with good cause. As a service representative you learn to deal with anger, not by responding with anger, and, definitely, not by hanging up on someone. I'm trying to tell you we booked expensive flights on the basis of ensuring we had a place to stay, and covered all our bases, we thought. Now we find we are not even guaranteed a room, any room. No one mentioned we might need to go to a 'sister' hotel. How would we get there? Will you pay for the cab? The possibility of that scenario should then, have been discussed before we booked. Overall, what happened here was extremely poor customer relations - in fact, the worst I have ever encountered. Good luck on your business if this continues. But it won't be with us or anyone else who asks us about your place.

From: Two very dissatisfied customers - And we haven't even stayed there yet.
Please be sure you cancel this reservation and delete our credit card number.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Libby S

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I stayed at Emerald Suites Cameron for a week while job hunting and found that this was the ideal location for everything. After a week's stay I was hooked on the location! Not only was close to all of my interviews, it was close to everything I needed; freeway, food and fun. Really close to the New Orleans Hotel too so I was able to gamble a little. Would highly recommend this place!!! Room was clean and the staff was real friendly.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Carrie B
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Was not looking for a fancy place or expensive Hotel and driving around found this little Jewel next to the Orleans. Came for a friends together and have a great experience. Great atmosphere, great location and restaurants near by. Well for the time I spent here in Vegas, I enjoy my stay. Awesome Customer Service, comfy bed and great peaceful place.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 July 2013

The pictures are NOT a real representation of the facility!! There was so mush hair on the bathroom floor it looked like carpet! There were packs of car jackers and street walkers roaming the parking lot. The room smelled like a dirty diaper! It was horrible. Do not stay here!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I was in Las Vegas for the Country Music Experience located at the New Orleans Hotel. With all of the hustle and bustle I had going on, I forgot to book a room. When I arrived for the first day of the experience, I noticed that there was this cute little complex across the street. The staff was very accomodating and they even had rooms available. I love the way that the entrance to the room doors faced an interior hallway so that people would not be continually walking by my door. The rooms were very nice and fit my needs perfectly for my stay through this event. This is a place that if you need convenience and want quiet that you need to check out. Their prices are very resonable and the property is very well kept.

I will be returning here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Travelor2013_13
Reviewed 22 April 2013

The pictures online are lies, the rooms don't look like that, I got a non smoking room and it smelled like an ash tray. It seemed like the carpet had been washed but it still looked dirty and it smelled like mold. I thought I can just deal with it but once I saw the roach walking on the wall, I got up and went to complain, when the supervisor came out she already came with an attitude and said that she had just personally checked the room and she didn't see any roaches or smelled cigarets, as if the roaches are going to come out and greet her. I said I wanted my money back and she said no, i was so upset because i had just been there for no more than 10 minutes? She offered to move me to another room that was already booked, she said she would move the other people to my room. I went to go look at the other room yet it was still the same just different floor. I left the keys to the room and left. Who wants to stay at a place where you see roaches, and not sleep thinking a roach goes in your ear GROSS!!!! I should have read all the reviews before booking here. I think the people who write so called good things about his place has eighter lived in the streets or are payed to write a good review by the hotel. NEVER EEEEEEEEVER AGAIN, learned my lesson. :/ FYI IT'S NOT EVEN CALLED EMERALD SUITES IT'S CALLED CAMERON SUITES!!! LIARS!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Momofcuatro
Reviewed 31 March 2013

On the surface, this property looks clean and well run. Stay there for a few nights, and you discover that it seems to be the last stop before homelessness for quite an assortment of folks. Small children were playing in the tiny corridors and in the parking lots; dogs and cats were lounging on the small balconies; I heard domestic disturbances at high volume; people are smoking on the balconies, the hallways, the corridors, and by the pools. The whole place smells foul--like too many cigarettes, marijuana, and spicy ethnic cuisine was all happening in too small of a place. The rooms are large enough and clean enough, but the only way to cool them out is with the air conditioner because if you open the window for "fresh air", you just get everyone else's cigarette smoke, and noise. The buildings are close together and the hallways and corridors are small, dark, and dirty. The upside is that the staff is in fact friendly and helpful, the onsite laundromat is clean, and there is a full time, wandering security guard after hours--who, I'm sorry to stay is ESSENTIAL. Stay here if you must, but watch your back. For about the same price, Extended Stay on Valley View or E Flamingo is much more respectable, but the rooms are smaller.

Room Tip: Try to get a top floor room and try to get a room with windows that open to the north. Walk across t...